What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheergirl photos are back

stiffmeister

Bench
Oh, in fact it does count. I don't mean to be rude to UWS graduates in the least, but if two people both went for the same position, a UNSW grad would walk all over the UWS grad any day of the week.

HJ, I agree there could be a diff if a graduate with no experience enters the work force with no experience but as fish eel stated, once you have experience then it is in a way an even playing field

I have read your posts & I do admire that you have made it considering your disadvantaged past. These are the people I respect

;-)

sportive cupid

Referee
ahhh yes... the debate about higher education as EDUCATION or employment preparation. :lol: .Actually you kind of shoot yourself in the foot HJ by getting yourself lured into the arguement over which graduates get the better posiotins in the workforce.Traditionally UNIVERSITES are places of eduaction and research-ie change agents. Colleges of advanced education and TAFE colleges are places where staff are trained.
I iknow which one I would prefer to come from ;-)

stiffmeister

Bench
It comes down to which course will result in higher wages. You can tdo a BA but work in a factory (Not that there is anything wrong with an honest days work in a factory)

People should not be judged on their occupation

Crap I am now sounding like a politically correct dude

lol @ Haynzy - maybe I need a career change

fish eel - :p My brain just works too fast, is all. Once again :p

And I wholeheartedly agree that once you have been in the workforce, exprience will dictate. But everyone has to enter sometime.

And I agree with Stiff - absolutely nothing wrong with a hard days work, nothing wrong with being a factory worker or a labourer or a tradesman. This was the work that got me through Uni, and a little bit beyond, and I admire these people like you wouldn't believe. Not to mention that the likes of tradesman are actually the foundation of our society, and should be treated with far more respect than they currently get (Anyone see that Comm Bank ad - the one with the "Farnsworth elbow joint system? One of my favourite ads, because the tradesman is actually the knowledgeable one, while the collar wearing office dicknose is made to look like the ignorant twerp that they all are)

Anyways, caught a glimpse of this today - funny stuff:

The Ant and The Grasshopper - Two versions
CLASSIC VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks he's a fool, and laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed. The shivering grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

THE CANADIAN MODERN VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks he's a fool and laughs, dances and plays the summer away. Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed.

The shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others less fortunate like him are cold and starving.

CBC shows up to provide live coverage of the shivering grasshopper, with cuts to a video of the ant in his comfortable warm home with a table filled with food.

Canadians are stunned that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer while others have plenty. The NDP, the CAW and the Coalition Against Poverty demonstrate in front of the ant's house. The CBC, interrupting an Inuit cultural festival special from Nunavut with breaking news, broadcasts them singing, "We Shall Overcome."

Exiled Svend Robinson rants in an interview with Pamela Wallin that the ant has gotten rich off the backs of grasshoppers, and calls for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his "fair share." In response to polls, the Liberal Government drafts the Economic Equity and Grasshopper Anti-Discrimination Act, retroactive to the beginning of the summer.

The ant's taxes are reassessed and he is also fined for failing to hire grasshoppers as helpers. Without enough money to pay both the fine and his newly imposed retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the government. The ant moves to the U.S. and starts a successful agribiz company.

The CBC later shows the now fat grasshopper finishing up the last of the ant's food though Spring is still months away, while the Government house he is in (which just happens to be the ant's old house) crumbles around him because he hadn't maintained it.

Inadequate government funding is blamed, and Roy Romanow is appointed to head a commission of enquiry that will cost $10,000,000. The grasshopper is soon dead of a drug overdose, and the Toronto Star blames it on obvious failure of government to address the root causes of despair arising from social inequity.

The abandoned house is taken over by a gang of immigrant spiders who are praised by the government for enriching Canada's multicultural diversity. The spiders promptly terrorize the community.

ive been pleasantly surprised - although i wish MITS would come back and join in again, add a bit of hedonistic spice to the mix again :)

sportive cupid

Referee
stiff-meister eel said:
It comes down to which course will result in higher wages. You can tdo a BA but work in a factory (Not that there is anything wrong with an honest days work in a factory)

People should not be judged on their occupation

Crap I am now sounding like a politically correct dude

Well only in parts Stiffy.
UNIVERSTIES SHOULD NEVER BE JUDGED ON THE BASIS OF HOW MUCH THEIR GRADUATES EARN.THEY SHOULD BE JUDGED ON THE BASIS OF WHAT RESEARCH COMES OUT OF THEM.

very well put, sportive. I mean, a teacher will only earn 42k to start with, but the work they do for society is extremely important, and job satisfaction more than makes up for the money we don't earn.

But, Universities should also be judged on how many hot chicks there are for you to get dirty with, as well as the prices they charge for alcohol.

Hollywood Jesus said:
ive been pleasantly surprised - although i wish MITS would come back and join in again, add a bit of hedonistic spice to the mix again :)

Sorry mate I had to go Enjoy myself down in Melbourne.

BD5733

Juniors
Lets get back to the topic of cheerleaders..........

Surely the guy in Big League who selects the cheerleaders to be published on the back page is facing the sack???

How many more shockers can he dish out?

Suitman

Post Whore
Hollywood Jesus said:
I'm an English teacher (would prefer to be History, but what can you do?)

Your command of the English language after 10 schooners of Old at the footy is quite appalling.
Pity help the students. :lol:

Suity

The Engineers Room

First Grade
English teacher - not what I would have picked as your profession. You actually remind me of my PE teacher (the one all the kids thought was cool ;-) )