What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cherry Evans backflips on the Titans

Will Cherry-Evans reputation ever recover?

• Yes, everyone will forgive and forget

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • No, he will always be a merkin

Votes: 91 71.7%

• Total voters
Daly's mum:

@KellieCherry: Un-****ing believable! U people that listen to the media r all a joke! @Erin_Molan really!amateur! find who started the rumour=massive story

POPEYE

Coach
Even if DCE doesn't renege he owes it to the dumbarse of his fellow players, those that believe in imaginary friends, to convince them not to give up hope . . . sounds all sanctimonious doesn't it, something that f**kwit Fulton would come up with. If for no other reason Manly play like demons tonight Hasler might be thinking 'who can I get to threaten to leave and then change his mind'

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Well no technically that's not true...

This whole round 13 loophole is a myth... And it always has been a myth.

If DCE has signed an agreement with the Titans to play football next year it doesn't matter if the NRL has registered it or not.

If the Titans and DCE had a fully signed contractual agreement the Titans could get an injunction to stop him from playing for anyone else during the life of that contract.

A contract is still a valid contract whether the NRL register it or not.

The only reason why this loophole exists is because the clubs who were back flipped on ether haven't had a contract strong enough to take action or they just don't want to go down the path of serious legal action which almost certainly include the NRL in.

Sorry, but player contracts are NRL contracts.

Same principle as when they have the power to rip a contract up and de-register a player over the top of any club punishment.

Would be a little difficult for the NRL owned Titans to take the NRL to court I would have thought.

But yes, this all shows what a farce this system is.

Canard

Immortal
Predicted the media would do this in the original thread.

Any club announcing a signing prior to Rd13 should just say " he has agreed to terms, but the contract is not registered"

I don't think it's that bigger deal. Everyone is aware of these rules.

We just need more truth in statements from the media and clubs.

JJ

Immortal
Predicted the media would do this in the original thread.

Any club announcing a signing prior to Rd13 should just say " he has agreed to terms, but the contract is not registered"

I don't think it's that bigger deal. Everyone is aware of these rules.

We just need more truth in statements from the media and clubs.

"some" would be nice

Canard

Immortal
Good point.

Watch this now happen with Foran, RTS etc. etc.

It's the same every year, and by the end of the season everyone has forgotten about it.

Incorrect

Coach
When it comes to 'scoops' and 'breaking news' from the NRL that she hasn't just lifted from a newspaper article or an internet forum, what is Erin Molan's strike rate??

Does this make it none from 1?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
When it comes to 'scoops' and 'breaking news' from the NRL that she hasn't just lifted from a newspaper article or an internet forum, what is Erin Molan's strike rate??

Does this make it none from 1?

You've just kneejerked to a kneejerk.

No one's right or wrong yet.

betcats

Referee
Where there is smoke there is fire, Matty Johns saw his manager meeting Joe Kelly last week so its possible they were discussing something. No doubt Manly are trying.

Noname36

First Grade
Where there is smoke there is fire, Matty Johns saw his manager meeting Joe Kelly last week so its possible they were discussing something. No doubt Manly are trying.

Who is his manager? Usually managers have a fair few players at a club so it was probably about someone else.

betcats

Referee
Who is his manager? Usually managers have a fair few players at a club so it was probably about someone else.

The Orr brothers so there are definitely other players it could of been about, Nate Myles for one. Its interesting timing though considering the rumour blowing up yesterday.

We have seen DCEs management isnt above using grubby tactics to 'get the best for their client' so this could just be about getting more money out of the titans or something.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Sorry, but player contracts are NRL contracts.
The NRL contract is one of 2 main contracts the player signs. They sign the standard NRL contract which is essentially a participation agreement for the player to compete in the League.

They also sign a separate contract with the club.

They also sign further contracts for TPA's.

Same principle as when they have the power to rip a contract up and de-register a player over the top of any club punishment.

The NRL can de-register a player based on the code of conduct written in to that contract

But make no mistake... Just because the NRL de-registers a player... It doesn't automatically mean they are no longer contracted to the club.

The club normally puts in clauses which terminate there agreement with the player if the NRL de-register them... But the player still has employment rights which need to be adhered to by the club.

Todd Carney is a recent example of this... He was de-registered by the NRL... But my understanding is he won a personal grievance case against the Sharks over the termination on his Sharks contract.

Would be a little difficult for the NRL owned Titans to take the NRL to court I would have thought..

Yeah that's certainly true... That's an odd situation that makes this even weirder... But there's a shitload of reasons why clubs just elect to move on and not bring legal action.,.

The obvious one is what's the point of going through a drawn out legal process when if you win... You get a player who doesn't want to play for you anymore...

But yes, this all shows what a farce this system is.

Agreed...

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
You've just kneejerked to a kneejerk.

No one's right or wrong yet.

Yeah, this... a player manager saying something to the media means nothing...

I firmly believe where there's smoke there's fire - the spin doctors try to shut these things down, of course - whether he stays or goes, there's obviously something going on... fair bet things are going on with Foran and RTS too (on the assumption that Manly and the Roosters wish to keep them), but obviously (to me) DCE is having second thoughts

redvscotty

First Grade
Yeah, this... a player manager saying something to the media means nothing...

I firmly believe where there's smoke there's fire - the spin doctors try to shut these things down, of course - whether he stays or goes, there's obviously something going on... fair bet things are going on with Foran and RTS too (on the assumption that Manly and the Roosters wish to keep them), but obviously (to me) DCE is having second thoughts

If what you have said is true, we'll be losing Benji and Widdop + whoever else theyve mentioned in the coming weeks.

Some stuff is just made up by a forum to stir journalists.