What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cherry Evans backflips on the Titans

Will Cherry-Evans reputation ever recover?

• Yes, everyone will forgive and forget

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • No, he will always be a merkin

Votes: 91 71.7%

• Total voters

Incorrect

Coach
Even if you do a backflip, when you land, you still end up facing the same direction you were before the backflip.... so if DCE has backflipped, he is still heading to the Titans. Right?

Delboy

First Grade
Bozo back in the mix, channel Nein run a story about DCE backflip , stories leaked to assist Moanly retain someone who has signed elsewhere

Coincidence, I think not, Bozo will use his cronies in the media non stop, going to be an interesting few months as the stories ramp up.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
The NRL contract is one of 2 main contracts the player signs. They sign the standard NRL contract which is essentially a participation agreement for the player to compete in the League.

They also sign a separate contract with the club.

They also sign further contracts for TPA's.

The NRL can de-register a player based on the code of conduct written in to that contract

But make no mistake... Just because the NRL de-registers a player... It doesn't automatically mean they are no longer contracted to the club.

The club normally puts in clauses which terminate there agreement with the player if the NRL de-register them... But the player still has employment rights which need to be adhered to by the club.

Todd Carney is a recent example of this... He was de-registered by the NRL... But my understanding is he won a personal grievance case against the Sharks over the termination on his Sharks contract.

Yeah that's certainly true... That's an odd situation that makes this even weirder... But there's a shitload of reasons why clubs just elect to move on and not bring legal action.,.

The obvious one is what's the point of going through a drawn out legal process when if you win... You get a player who doesn't want to play for you anymore...

Agreed...

Always good to have a conversation with you Shiznit. It doesn't denigrate into the usual bullshit of 2 year old name calling and attacks.

I take your point, but unless the contract he signs with the NRL is registered by the NRL, I would have thought it was not a binding contract.

All contracts signed before June 30 are signed under that stipulation that they are not binding until the June 30 deadline has expired.

I guess its the NRL's version of a cooling off period, and as you would know, contracts are easily broken inside that cooling off period.

It's like the bloody Days of our Lives!!

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Bozo back in the mix, channel Nein run a story about DCE backflip , stories leaked to assist Moanly retain someone who has signed elsewhere

Coincidence, I think not, Bozo will use his cronies in the media non stop, going to be an interesting few months as the stories ramp up.

:lol:

Who exactly does Fulton have in his back pocket at Nine? The Packer's left the building a long time ago and Gyngell is a Roosters puppet.

Fulton's media influence is at 2GB, and they are basically irrelevant.

Look towards Orr for the leak mate.

firechild

First Grade
I guess the legal argument against a club holding a player to a contract not yet registered with the NRL would be that the player signed the contract in full knowledge that it could not be registered until after June 30th.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Yeah that's certainly true... That's an odd situation that makes this even weirder... But there's a shitload of reasons why clubs just elect to move on and not bring legal action.,.

no less odd than the nrl issuing it's fine to the melbourne storm for it's cap rort

ek999

First Grade
The contract that an NRL player signs is a standard playing contract which has been agreed to by the RLPA. I would guess that there is simply a clause in that contract allowing the player to sign with their current team before round 13. I highly doubt that there would be any sort of legal recourse available to the clubs to prevent this

Craig Johnston

First Grade
The contract that an NRL player signs is a standard playing contract which has been agreed to by the RLPA. I would guess that there is simply a clause in that contract allowing the player to sign with their current team before round 13. I highly doubt that there would be any sort of legal recourse available to the clubs to prevent this

it's simply down to registration, the nrl does not register playing contracts until after round 13. a contract is not valid until the nrl registers it.

nick87

Coach
it's simply down to registration, the nrl does not register playing contracts until after round 13. a contract is not valid until the nrl registers it.

It registers contracts for the existing clubs, but not rivals
So you can re-sign a player and have the contract registered straight away, but rival contracts are registered until after Round 13

Jason Maher

Immortal
Everyone thought it was hilarious when Tedesco and Proctor did this to the Raiders. But it's suddenly a disgrace when Cherry-Evans (allegedly) does it to the Titans?

God-King Dean

Immortal
Everyone thought it was hilarious when Tedesco and Proctor did this to the Raiders. But it's suddenly a disgrace when Cherry-Evans (allegedly) does it to the Titans?

Should read 'Everyone thought it was hilarious when Tedesco and Proctor did this to Ricky Stuart'

Glen

Bench

Both were equally disgraceful but it was much funnier regardless

shiznit

Coach
They sign a contract with the NRL and a separate contract with the club

Maybe the NRL contract has no recourse... But the contract with the club certainly does.