What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Choke

Since 73

First Grade
  • I can cop losing - but I can't cop that crap. Sticky had an insight tonite to which blokes don't have it come september footy and who does. Simmons, Green, Nutley - these blokes embarrassed themselves tonite and our club. They have Souths written all over them. CU2 didn't embarress himself, but he has absolutely nothin' to offer in any regard.
  • That play out the back...fugg me!! Tackling drills for the Storm. Nothing more.
  • After just 10 minutes it was very clear our season ended when that idiot Nutley ran into Buster in a bloody soccer game. With no Buster our attack resorted to '01 - '07. Noddyball.
  • Kevin Moore - hahahah. Welcome to him mate. He tries hard, but he has nothin'!!
  • Green kicked the ball twice. His first one was in the 41st minute. Both balls pulled up in the in goal. Kimmorely took every other kick bar one from killer. None of them reaped anything.
  • Basically we overachieved this year with some of the blokes we run out with each week, but a lot of what we did comes back to some wonderful coaching from sticky. What he did to drag our game away from Noddy's control was masterful. The crap we have watched over the past 6 seasons was soul destroying, but to see the development of Brett seymour as a creative ball player this year and his linking with Pom, Cov and Kearney was extremely encouraging. With Buster stepping up to a senior role in 09 and Barrett and Tupou coming we will only improve. The end of Noddyball at our club ends a dark era.
  • Gallen, Misi and Kearney were amongst the best on the park tonite. Our 2 smallest blokes continually went to dummy half and ran into the ruck and made ground. Simmons? - never went there once. Not bloody one time did he go to dummy half looking to take it up.

sladden road

Juniors
ah yes nutley..

f**king simmo..pathetic..
gal heart of phar lap.
green worst passing ive seen in first grade in the first half.
and NODBLIVION finally ends.

finally.

Surely

Post Whore
Green had a quiet 1st half i thoughthe went alright in the 2nd considering he was thrown in the deep end.

CU2 got a try assist for geyer with his superb tackle on slater he is farked, degois will be a big loss.

MusiC FreaK

Juniors
The Sharks have been in this position many times before and it hurts losing again just one game out from a Grand Final, like many of you, I also had high hopes, but I guess when the dust settles, we can only look forward...

I thought Green should have run the ball a bit more. Was he being over called by TTG? - thank f*ck he's finally gone from my team.

Weaponhead

Coach
Bitterly disappointing display from the Sharks tonight. Melbourne were quite ordinary and we did nothing to test them. It is hard to assess a game like that rationally given the ineptitude of the performance. I thought that we were well on top physically until their first try. It was an awful piece of defending to run out of the line and gift them a clean break early. The try on half time was terrible goal line defence from Anderson, Nutley and Kearney.

Our forwards were very poor. Far too many errors. Gallen and Douglas worst offenders with terrible ball control. Ross was ordinary but he did cop the elbow. I would have liked to see Norrie start. He has a lot more impact that Peek

Kimmorley overplayed his hand as we all thought he might. Too flat all night and offered nothing with pass or kick. So glad I will never see that stupid grin after dropping the ball cold again.

Misi was outstanding. He has really grown in the finals series. By far and away our best player.

Looking to next year. Toupou will be good for us. He will take the offloading pressure off Gallen. Gallen needs to be far more selective with his offloads. Barrett will provide us with width and a sharper passing game. The right centre positing needs to be addressed next year. We cannot keep carrying Simmons.

Fin

Juniors
  • Gallen, Misi and Kearney were amongst the best on the park tonite. Our 2 smallest blokes continually went to dummy half and ran into the ruck and made ground. Simmons? - never went there once. Not bloody one time did he go to dummy half looking to take it up.

I agree, no heart for such a big game. and i doubt it would have escaped Sticky's attention either knowing how hard he is - could that be the last game we see of Simmo in a Shark jumper.

Quigs

Immortal
There was a time during the second half when we started spinning it around. Green was like he was unshackled. It last for about 10 minutes i reckon.... then... then......

And I wouldn't be blaming Nuts for that defeat. Ithought he put in.

It is blatantly obvious that we don't have point scoring backs. And we will win jack sh!t until we have some explosiveness in the backline.

We all know Paris has to go... but that boil on the arse has been there for years, I just don't know why it has never been lanced.

And it has been a topic of many in here the lack of speed of the mighty Cov. Check out the replay of the Storms first.

Whats the point in having an autopsy straight away, I know what the cause of death was ........... we were crap.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

I agree, no heart for such a big game. and i doubt it would have escaped Sticky's attention either knowing how hard he is - could that be the last game we see of Simmo in a Shark jumper.

See, now you're just teasing Fin.

Dear God, please make Fin be true..:lol:

PJ

First Grade
I really can't get excited anout next year if there is even a chance Simmo will be running out.

F^&k him off for someone who will at least have a go.

Quigs

Immortal

Look I for one am sick to death about hearing excuses why Sticky keeps picking this schmuck.

We all know he has no ticker, we all know he is carried week in week out. He is a blight on the team.

I think the time for making excuses has ended. He should of been dropped in farkin June and a youngen given a go. So what if the youngen farks up. Paris has been doing it all year and will continue to do so...

You want to know why. I'll tell you why.

He is not a firstgraders arseole.

And someone must be held accountable for whoever picks him in the team.

But now is not the time to be whinging... is it.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Since 73

First Grade
Weaponhead:

I thought that we were well on top physically until their first try. It was an awful piece of defending to run out of the line and gift them a clean break early.
True Wh.
We started slick and came to play, but in the back of their minds was the thought if we fall behind on the board....
We never recovered.

An inexcusable error so early in a final.

Our forwards were very poor.
As a pack it was a sequence of who could execute the worst play of the nite.
Many nominees.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Harold Holt has given up, as the sharks go the choke yet again against an undermanned Storm side. :lol:
choking1.gif

floating pie

Juniors
undermanned? what, they lost CAM Smith?

We were without Seymour, Bird, Reece Williams, one of Gallen's legs... am I forgetting anyone else?

Weaponhead

Coach
Yep............... we choked.

We just didn't have the footy smarts to nail the big plays tonight. Storm took advantage of their chances while we dropped the ball. We have gotten away with very poor handling this year through toughness. Unfortunatley our toughness deserted us tonight badly and we were left to rely on our ability....... and the result was not pretty.

Inferno

Coach
I basically having nothing to add to what Weaponhead has said, he's basically nailed it all really.

Although there were some offenders worse than others, I think the whole team choked tonight, big game, at the business end of the year, with little to no finals experience in that squad.

We'll be better for the run though next year.

Special K

Coach
The best thing of the Game was when Green pushed Noddy out of 1st receiver and put a kick in for us to get a repeat...

Then rossy dropped it

kal83

Juniors
Can't see how we choked when they were favorites.Brisbane choked last week they had the storm beat but lost the game, we were finished at half time. I agree we played poorly, we seemed to run that second man play every set in their 20, we had no variety and too much dropped ball. They handled us pretty easily and they played poorly by their standards. I think we overachieved this year given our playing roster, not too mention the incidents that affected us over the course of the year.

Latest posts