What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Benoit and Family Found Dead

Gene Krupa

Referee
salivor said:
Yeah, celebrate the life of a bloke who murdered his wife and son and then topped himself. That's be about as tacky as it gets for an already tacky industry.

You're an absolute idiot!

Iafeta

Referee
salivor said:
Yeah, celebrate the life of a bloke who murdered his wife and son and then topped himself. That's be about as tacky as it gets for an already tacky industry.

Look, we don't know what happened for sure. We're fairly sure, but we don't know 100%.

Irrespective, I think as fans we are sometimes extremely naive in thinking we 'know' someone. If you look through professional wrestling history, there's a load of guys who were cherished heroes (the likes of Jimmy Snuka, Jake Roberts, Jake Robert's old man, Billy Graham etc) who have proven to be anything but heroes outside of the ring.

The point I am making is this - we did not admire Chris Benoit for who he was outside of the ring, and if we did, it's a sad reality check that no matter how many insider sites we go to we never know the people and can't profess or pretend to. All we can do is watch a show from start to finish and admire or repsect a character or not. That's the wrestling fans prerogrative. Because sadly, as we are learning, if you take it further you only set yourself up for extreme disappointment. It is an extremely taxing industry - 300 days on the road per year away from home, driving town to town, staying in hotels, getting thrown around and smashed around, take pain killers to cope, expected to be there for every fan's beckon call, sometimes sharing more time with a fan than their own family.

Now, the fact is none of us know or should profess or pretend to know what anyone here is like behind closed doors. Likewise, I don't know what half my bosses or employees get up to behind closed doors. I don't have the power to stop that or be involved in that. I don't know what my league heroes are like after the 80 minutes I see them each week. And likewise, as a few of them have been shattered heroes, so too are a vast majority of professional wrestlers. If one was to disconnect from a wrestler for this (and I can't and won't condone it coincidentally), you would be hard pressed to look any wrestler in the face with dignity. You will also be hard pressed to trust people in the community because frankly, you just never know.

So, with that in mind, all I know is Chris Benoit the wrestler. A great wrestler. A truly great wrestler. A guy who rekindled my passion for the game in WCW in the mid 1990's.

That's what I'll remember of the guy, because that's all I can know. I don't, can't and will never know what drives a man like him to do what he does outside the ring. Nor should I know. I don't condone it whatsoever, but that's not what my opinion of him was formed off.

thuganomics

Coach
This is unbelievable. I'm without internet access for a month or so and my friend tells me what happened so i race down to the nearest computer and find out. Shocking news.

RIP The whole Family.

This is shocking.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Like everyone else im shocked. I still cant believe it

We have to wait for official confirmation as to what happend, at this stage we cant be sure.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Iafeta said:
Look, we don't know what happened for sure. We're fairly sure, but we don't know 100%.

Irrespective, I think as fans we are sometimes extremely naive in thinking we 'know' someone. If you look through professional wrestling history, there's a load of guys who were cherished heroes (the likes of Jimmy Snuka, Jake Roberts, Jake Robert's old man, Billy Graham etc) who have proven to be anything but heroes outside of the ring.

The point I am making is this - we did not admire Chris Benoit for who he was outside of the ring, and if we did, it's a sad reality check that no matter how many insider sites we go to we never know the people and can't profess or pretend to. All we can do is watch a show from start to finish and admire or repsect a character or not. That's the wrestling fans prerogrative. Because sadly, as we are learning, if you take it further you only set yourself up for extreme disappointment. It is an extremely taxing industry - 300 days on the road per year away from home, driving town to town, staying in hotels, getting thrown around and smashed around, take pain killers to cope, expected to be there for every fan's beckon call, sometimes sharing more time with a fan than their own family.

Now, the fact is none of us know or should profess or pretend to know what anyone here is like behind closed doors. Likewise, I don't know what half my bosses or employees get up to behind closed doors. I don't have the power to stop that or be involved in that. I don't know what my league heroes are like after the 80 minutes I see them each week. And likewise, as a few of them have been shattered heroes, so too are a vast majority of professional wrestlers. If one was to disconnect from a wrestler for this (and I can't and won't condone it coincidentally), you would be hard pressed to look any wrestler in the face with dignity. You will also be hard pressed to trust people in the community because frankly, you just never know.

So, with that in mind, all I know is Chris Benoit the wrestler. A great wrestler. A truly great wrestler. A guy who rekindled my passion for the game in WCW in the mid 1990's.

That's what I'll remember of the guy, because that's all I can know. I don't, can't and will never know what drives a man like him to do what he does outside the ring. Nor should I know. I don't condone it whatsoever, but that's not what my opinion of him was formed off.

That pretty much sums it up

He was respected as a wrestler. We dont know how he was as a person

Big Pete

Referee
Iafeta said:

My point exactly, just better written.

Good work Iafeta!

Ari Gold

Bench
See this is why you dont play around with death Vince.

Are you going to give Chris the same tributes that your "death" got a few weeks ago?

f**k you, Benoit deserved better than this.

Your stupid storyline backfired big time...

Every person that ive told about Benoit's death have said, yeah right just like vince died :roll: ....

...Chris deserves better than that

PARANoIR

Bench
salivor said:

You are a deadset f**king moron. Innocent until proven guilty, f**kwit.

Sanchez

Coach
mate vince was just a storyline. its been dropped now, get over it. benoit will get the respect he deserves,which is plenty of respect.

jc155776

Coach
PARANoIR said:

Your the moron mate.

Almost every report coming out is murder suicide with Benoit suspected to have killed his family on the weekend and killing himself monday.

He is no better than any other murdering lowlife and should not be remembered as some kind of "hero".

Though I suppose you believe this to be some elaborate conspiracy.

salivor

First Grade
Gene Krupa said:
You're an absolute idiot!
PARANoIR said:

Wow, what arguments fellas, I'm truly outshone by your well reasoned arguments and linguistic ability. Tip of my hat you you two.

Big Pete said:
Way to miss my point completely. :roll:

His career, who knows whats really gone on.

To both yourself and Iafeta, there's no point to miss, you can't seperate the guy's wrestling career with what he has now done. And yes I am calling it a murder suicide, read the main article on wwe.com, the lead investigater of the Sherriffs department has called it a murder sucide. The reports of friends recieving weird txt messages from Benoit that led them to call the police, the different times of death, police struggling to enter the property themselves and it being guarded by dogs would probably rule out an intruder as well as the fact that Benoit had failed to show at 2 WWE events leading up to this. It all points to one conclusion.

By paying tribute to Benoit the wrestler or the career of Benoit your brushing aside the actions of a murderer and that IMO is condoning the act whether or not that's your intention. It's like paying tribute to Gary Glitter as "I only knew him as the artist not the kiddie fiddler". There's fallen heroes all around us who rightfully live or die in shame, I personally think it's inappropriate to pay tribute or homage to a bloke who all signs point to being capable of killing his wife and 7 year old son. I wonder how the family of his wife would feel about it.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Per DVDVR, per Wade

Keller's Audio Update

-He said it is being reported he suffocated his wife and son, perhaps a day apart. And then hung himself. Late Sunday night, he sent a strange text message to a person within the WWE. The police broke into the house at 2:30 pm today and found them in separate rooms.

-Vince called all the wrestlers backstage this afternoon for an emergency meeting. Wrestler were already bawling and crying. A longtime WWE wrestler said it was the most emotional state he's ever seen the wrestlers.

-There was a really uneasy feeling Sunday. Everybody felt something was wrong.

-One wrestler said "It was bound to happen". There was a strong suspicion backstage that Benoit did this right away. There was also a suspicion that Nancy had done it. They had a volatile relationship and everyone knew it.

-Hardly anybody backstage really knew Benoit. He had a very small inner circle that one time included Eddy Guerrero and recently included Chavo Guerrero. But even they had a certain psychological distance from Benoit. Everyone could tell that something wasn't right lately with Benoit.

-He said that he was a very nice and pleasant person to be around, but a person close to Benoit said that Chris had "snap potential".

-A lot of steroids were found in the Benoit household, and Benoit has had bouts with "roid rages". WWE may suffer publicly because of their unenforced "Wellness Policy".

EDIT: Meltz

Chavo got the texts.

Tapings will go forward tomorrow with no tributes to Benoit nor continuation of the McMahon angle.

Source: Game FAQs

Gene Krupa

Referee
salivor said:
Wow, what arguments fellas, I'm truly outshone by your well reasoned arguments and linguistic ability. Tip of my hat you you two.

To both yourself and Iafeta, there's no point to miss, you can't seperate the guy's wrestling career with what he has now done. And yes I am calling it a murder suicide, read the main article on wwe.com, the lead investigater of the Sherriffs department has called it a murder sucide. The reports of friends recieving weird txt messages from Benoit that led them to call the police, the different times of death, police struggling to enter the property themselves and it being guarded by dogs would probably rule out an intruder as well as the fact that Benoit had failed to show at 2 WWE events leading up to this. It all points to one conclusion.

By paying tribute to Benoit the wrestler or the career of Benoit your brushing aside the actions of a murderer and that IMO is condoning the act whether or not that's your intention. It's like paying tribute to Gary Glitter as "I only knew him as the artist not the kiddie fiddler". There's fallen heroes all around us who rightfully live or die in shame, I personally think it's inappropriate to pay tribute or homage to a bloke who all signs point to being capable of killing his wife and 7 year old son. I wonder how the family of his wife would feel about it.

Blah, blah, blah and all I read was that salivor is a complete farkwit!

Hurriflatch

Referee
There is innocent until proven guilty and nothing really has been proven yet.

HOWEVER

If it is proven that Chris killed his son and wife and then topped himself then he deserves no respect or dignity because he took the cowards way out and took 2 innocent lives with him. Everyone deals with sh*t in their lives like poor relationships, hard times at work, traffic, the lure of drugs etc but only the weak pathetic cowards kill others and themselves.

As I said if it's proven that Chris is innocent then my condolences go out to him his family and friends.

If it is proven that he did kill his wife and kid and then commit sucide I hope someone sh*ts on his grave

salivor

First Grade
Gene Krupa said:
Blah, blah, blah and all I read was that salivor is a complete farkwit!

What are you squabbling with me for? You're obviously a candidate for mensa, the world is your oyster.

Latest posts