What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Benoit and Family Found Dead

Misanthrope

Staff member
Everyone deals with sh*t in their lives like poor relationships, hard times at work, traffic, the lure of drugs etc but only the weak pathetic cowards kill others and themselves.

And if he was suffering from clinical depression? I don't know Chris Benoit, so I can't attest to his character or state of mind, but a murder suicide is not the kind of thing a person in their right mind does. If he was simply roid raging, then I'll be there to condemn him, but if he was suffering from a deeper psychological disorder - it's unfair to condemn him. Wait and see what's uncovered.

stuke

Bench
CWBush said:
And if he was suffering from clinical depression? I don't know Chris Benoit, so I can't attest to his character or state of mind, but a murder suicide is not the kind of thing a person in their right mind does. If he was simply roid raging, then I'll be there to condemn him, but if he was suffering from a deeper psychological disorder - it's unfair to condemn him. Wait and see what's uncovered.

spot on.

some subjects really don't need people to be speculating upon, and this is definitely one of them.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I don't know what "innocent until proven guilty" has to do with it, Benoit is already dead and the police are not looking for anyone else!!!

We don't have to wait for any trial.

Fact is he probably did it, and his career is gonna be worth nothing as a result, and so it should be....at least in terms of the general way that people react to murderers.

As a rule of thumb, people who murder their kid and their wife don't get a whole lotta credit for anything, and it oughta be the same with Benoit.

Hurriflatch

Referee
to the people defending Benoit (even if it is proven he killed his wife and kid and topped himself) if we were just talking about some shlob who worked at McDonalds flipping burgers for minimum wage would you defend him??

osg

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
I don't know what "innocent until proven guilty" has to do with it, Benoit is already dead and the police are not looking for anyone else!!!

We don't have to wait for any trial.

Fact is he probably did it, and his career is gonna be worth nothing as a result, and so it should be....at least in terms of the general way that people react to murderers.

As a rule of thumb, people who murder their kid and their wife don't get a whole lotta credit for anything, and it oughta be the same with Benoit.

As much as it hurts me to agree Thierry....... the realization of what Chris has done is sinking in for me......

He was one of my wrestling idols, but this episode in his life has hurt my view of him as a wrestler. I know those on here say that the career and private life should be viewed separately, but jesus this is one heinous act. For the WWE staff and wrestlers to say " he was a dedicated family man etc etc" flies in the face of this horrific act he has commited.

Eelectrica

Referee
I'm starting to wonder if the Mr McMahon death angle didn't somehow turn Benoit's mind.

Combine that with the recent passing of Sherri, the anniversary of Owens death and maybe something just went snap in him.

Whatever the cause it's a fatal tragedy and we're going to feel its effects for some time I think.

Eelectrica

Referee
Hurriflatch said:
to the people defending Benoit (even if it is proven he killed his wife and kid and topped himself) if we were just talking about some shlob who worked at McDonalds flipping burgers for minimum wage would you defend him??

Good point. I guess people just want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Although admittedly that doubt is getting thinner all the time.

If it is proven that he did it, there goes his HOF entry, not that that's real important right now.

Big Pete

Referee
salivor that wasn't my point, I'm not condoning what Benoit did, just paid tribute to his career beause he was arguably the best wrestler. If he has done this, he's sadly tarnished it and his memory will be tarnished.

Simple.

agreed thierry and agreed in most cases with salivor. its a low f**king act, i simply cant even grasp how wifebeaters can hit someone they love, but to kill? its just f**ked. f**k BENOIT.

Special K

Coach
Roid rage might explain the first killing but to kill again the next day? what the sh*t is with that!

as a wrestler he was world class, as a person clearly he wasn't who we all thought.

Big Pete

Referee
Eelectrica said:
Good point. I guess people just want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Although admittedly that doubt is getting thinner all the time.

If it is proven that he did it, there goes his HOF entry, not that that's real important right now.

Exactly.

The thing was from every report I had read, Benoit was a great person and after reading the Raw report, I found it hard to believe he could've commited the murder/suicide. But with every report released, I have to admit my faith and respect for the man that is Chris Benoit is shrinking.

It's just so tragic, after such a wonderful career, this is the way he leaves it, dissapointing.

Misanthrope

Staff member

I've not defended him, I've simply stated that people condemning him when nothing has been confirmed are jumping the gun. It's being investigated as a murder-suicide. Media outlets have speculated that it is Benoit who is being investigated, but nothing concrete has been released. Most of what we 'know' comes from these same media outlets. Until the police release a report saying that Benoit did it and that he was of sound mind when it happened, I'll hold on jumping off the 'RIP Benoit' bandwagon.

Hurriflatch

Referee
CWBush said:
I've not defended him, I've simply stated that people condemning him when nothing has been confirmed are jumping the gun. It's being investigated as a murder-suicide. Media outlets have speculated that it is Benoit who is being investigated, but nothing concrete has been released. Most of what we 'know' comes from these same media outlets. Until the police release a report saying that Benoit did it and that he was of sound mind when it happened, I'll hold on jumping off the 'RIP Benoit' bandwagon.

Wasn't refering to you in particular just wanted to see what people would've thought had Chris Benoit been a celebrity of some sort

Misanthrope

Staff member
Well, I doubt we'd be discussing it. If it were a close friend of mine, I like to think I wouldn't allow my entire memory of them to be defined by one act, however heinous.

Moffo

Referee
geez we don't know the full full story yet guys, looking at the bob woolmer trial..the story changed 100 times

i think we should tone it down

Big Pete

Referee
Well, I doubt we'd be discussing it. If it were a close friend of mine, I like to think I wouldn't allow my entire memory of them to be defined by one act, however heinous.

Good point CWB

Game_Breaker

Coach
Hurriflatch said:

I dont know if anyone is defending what he is suspected of doing

They're just keeping an open mind and waiting for official confirmation.

Big Tim

First Grade
CWBush said:

Thats right CWB.

We are assuming it was all Benoit. Isnt it just a possible that Benoit's wife murdered their Son?? It just says Murder suicude. No doubt Benoit was the suicide, but it is possible that he did not commit both murders.

I will wait till I hear more, like CWB before I comment on the man.

One thing that you cannot disagree with is that he was a terrific wrestler.

Jono Russell

Bench
sometime you have to put it into something easier for those slow people.

Benoit the performer and benoit the person are two different things. If he killed his wife and kid then fine he is low for that and he deserves all the crap he gets.

How ever his in ring careers still has many highlights and many people will still miss the man who brought them so much happiness throughout his career.

ask you're self if you're favourite movie was the terminator and you found out arnie killed a man would you never watch the terminator again?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VqkjzoLhtio

Forever let the in ring flames of a hero burn on. R.I.P Benoit.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OrqcZEnS53I

The second one brought a tear to my eye.

Latest posts