1. Round 5 Edition OUT NOW:

The Round 5 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for is out now!

This week it's Penrith v Canberra so we look at the competition leaders with second rower Kurt Capewell, while we also share the story of the birth of the Glebe Dirty Reds, and as always, the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 5 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Chris Gayle labelled a 'creep' with a track record of disrespected female journalists

Discussion in 'Cricket' started by TheParraboy, Jan 5, 2016.

1. abpanther

abpanther Moderator Staff Member

Exactly, he shouldn't have done it and he knows it, the ensuing media blow up is way over the top

2. El Diablo

El Diablo Post Whore

it's the other way around

3. drago brelli

drago brelli Bench

[​IMG]

Hey girls, don't be repulsed, the big boy's here. Gayle is a hip hop wanna be. He's the Ali G of cricket.

4. Mr Angry

Mr Angry Not a Referee

Just wow first off, what a storm of debate.

I preface the post

The person had every right to be offended. Just doing thier job.
    The other person should have been a far more professional, and waited for a private moment.

Now what I think,

This is how they promote BBL
    [​IMG]

The female reporters are no better or worse than males but are sold this way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like Neroli too, her spot on the soccer so is informative. But regardless is sold like this.

My point is talk to the executives of your TV company, who sell you as the attractive women you are, hoping it will make money, which it does, hell I would listen to to females over a clown this bloke.

[​IMG]

Yeah all equal. Not directed from the top, not at all.

I contend you are missing the correct target. Gayle is not it.

5. franklin2323

franklin2323 Immortal

What gets me is it's not like it's a slow news day.

Floods
    Murder Suicide
    2 women on murder charges

All of these should be far bigger stories then this

6. MrAnonymous

MrAnonymous Bench

Im not siding with gayle. Im not siding with any merkin. What he said was stupid as f**k, funny though. Im more outraged how everyone has made a big deal out of it. Its getting out of hand its a f**king joke at this point. People are carrying on like he digitally raped her or some shit. As others have said if the roles were reversed it would be a different story.

Even mel McLaughlin has said herself she doesnt want a big deal about and for it to be dropped. But the media and the public keep going on about.

Our sons are going to be virgins for life the way society is going.

7. no name

no name Coach

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...r-mel-mclaughlin/story-fni2fnmo-1227697651161

Cahill actually kissed her.
    He would have been sent to prison, if anyone actually watched soccer.

8. MrAnonymous

MrAnonymous Bench

Neroli meadows has a head on her like a smashed crab. I dont think she is there on looks. She is there because she knows what the f**k she is going about. Like most the woman at fox sports, except tara rushton.

9. franklin2323

franklin2323 Immortal

I have yet to see anyone say he should of said it. Though if you don't want him hung for it then you are sexist according to most.

The Sharapova one is proof that it only goes one way. Unless the reporter said 'What do you think of my arms?' Then that response was similarly wrong. Speak to him after the press conference

10. undertaker

undertaker Coach

11. undertaker

undertaker Coach

Exact same double standard which exists with teacher-student sexual relations. If it is a male teacher who initiates sexual relations with a female student, the attitude is "He is a pedophile and should go to jail", but if it is a female teacher (especially if she's very attractive) who initiates sexual relations with a male student, the attitude is "Oh, that guy got lucky!"

12. Pete Cash

Pete Cash Post Whore

I think both are extremely serious issues tbh. I don't know if I would necessarily put teachers who has sex with students who would otherwise be above the age of consent in prison but they certainly should never teach again.

Those who prey on even younger students male or female should be hammered by the law.

But yes there is a double standard because women are seen as sexually submissive and men as aggressors. I think a woman hitting on a bloke like sharapova (sp?) did has the potential for wrongness but he seemed into it so its OK.

My problem would be if a sexy woman hit on a guy and he was clearly not into it (ala with Gayle) he would be seen as a joke. That's the double standard and it would be the very clowns defending Gayle who would be bagging the hypothetical bloke out

13. abpanther

abpanther Moderator Staff Member

I think Gayle should be punished appropriately

He should be made to play in the next Windies test match

14. TheParraboy

TheParraboy Moderator Staff Member

nfi

15. franklin2323

franklin2323 Immortal

That's the issue. If I am in that situation I'd laugh it off whereas someone else male or female may not. So does that mean that comment is any less of a comment because I didn't react?

Remember to her credit she didn't budge she kept at it and viewers started the outrage before even knowing even if she was part of the 'joke'.

In that case the male reporter not taking offence shouldn't come into it as was the case with Gayle

16. undertaker

undertaker Coach

The Windies boys showing some form:

[youtube]hnRmId1g2mY[/youtube]

17. undertaker

undertaker Coach

18. undertaker

undertaker Coach

:lol:

19. Pete Cash

Pete Cash Post Whore

I'd like to think most people can read a persons body language well enough they can make a call.

Hitting on a person "for a laugh" on camera is a risk. Like telling an offensive joke. An offensive joke is normally OK if its funny and hitting on someone is going to be fine if the person responds in a positive manner.

I think offence is an important part of the deal. If Mel was into it good on Gayle but she was obviously visibly annoyed

20. Springs

Springs First Grade

Pfft yeah ok so everyone's supposed to know how their audience or target is going to react beforehand.

Remember kids, don't tell a joke or ask someone out unless you know for certain they are going to react positively. Because the difference between you being funny and being sexist and disrespectful is entirely in their reaction apparently.