What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Houston cleared of drug charges

El Diablo

Post Whore
on an NBN newsbreak they said Burraston will recommend to the Knights board that he should be reinstated

Danish

Referee
did the knights sack him or just stand him down on paid leave or something similar??

If he doesn't hold a contract with the knights anymore other clubs would go after him you'd think

perverse

Referee
he has been in constant contact with all the Knights players - is great friends with the squad... has lived in Newcastle for the past year as a brickie until the court case was over, has continued to train (just not with the Knights). a half reasonable offer from us and he'll be a Knight again in 2011 - and we've been keeping the money aside.

all you other supporters can keep your drool covered hands away from him. he'll be completing the Knights forward pack next year. there's always the small chance he'll go elsewhere for a whopping offer or something, but the Knights have the inside running on many fronts.

but technically you are all correct, he is completely unattached at the moment and would be open to offers from elsewhere i'm sure.

Dragon Jim

Juniors
It would be a shame for him to end up anywhere but Newcastle. Im sure regardless of any offers from rival clubs he will sign with the Knights.

boxhead

First Grade
Only possible way he won't end up at the Knights is if they don't have the money to afford him, but you would think they would be able to sign him up easy.

If not...

Bicey_18

Bench
Only possible way he won't end up at the Knights is if they don't have the money to afford him, but you would think they would be able to sign him up easy.

If not...

We will have the cash.. dont forget we released Ben Cross which would have freed up quite a bit..

thorson1987

Coach
We will have the cash.. dont forget we released Ben Cross which would have freed up quite a bit..

But you might be signing Tahu.

What has worked in the Knights favour in this as Houston did the right thing and walked when it happened to ease the pressure on the club.

If the knights had of sacked him i doubt he would even consider going back there.

Spot On

Coach
But you might be signing Tahu.

What has worked in the Knights favour in this as Houston did the right thing and walked when it happened to ease the pressure on the club.

If the knights had of sacked him i doubt he would even consider going back there.

We'll if he didn't walk away they would hve sacked him. He would have left them with no choice.

boxhead

First Grade
I hope he stays at the Knights, but I am a bit curious if they can afford him. I believe they turned down Timana Tahu because they couldn't afford him (or at least that is what the papers said) and you would think Houston commands more money than Tahu.

Strange, but I am sure (and hopeful) he will remain at the Knights.

otori

Juniors
I hope he stays at the Knights, but I am a bit curious if they can afford him. I believe they turned down Timana Tahu because they couldn't afford him (or at least that is what the papers said) and you would think Houston commands more money than Tahu.

Strange, but I am sure (and hopeful) he will remain at the Knights.

I don't think the Knights ever said they couldn't afford Timana did they? I always thought it was that they didn't have a similar offer to his Parra contract and weren't willing to pay him. I'd say the Knights would be willing to reinstate Houston's original contract considering his worth to the club as opposed to some loose cannon liability like Tau.

20knights10

Juniors
I've made a pact with myself.. if we resign Houston I'll be flying back early to be at the first home game of the season next year.... if we sign tatu... I'll fly back for the first game without him.....

Latest posts