What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christian Welch

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Welch is a very good player and should be a priority for us. Hipgrave and Sorensen would also be handy as they have a go. I wouldn't mind Tamou be he would cost to much.
We just need tough forwards that would be proud to wear the jumper.

Oh yes if Vauhan wants out I would let him go.

Has Vaughan become the softest front rower currently in the NRL? His form is nowhere near his debut SGI season.

A shadow of his former self, in my opinion.

possm

Coach
Has Vaughan become the softest front rower currently in the NRL? His form is nowhere near his debut SGI season.

Vaughan needs some support upfront as it seems everything is being left to him. Recruit two good props and let go the pretenders, Merrin and K Sims at least. lawrie needs to do more and Ellis and Blacker need a leader to follow.

The Badger

Juniors

Yes Vaughan and Mcguiness were the last men standing in the middle.Vaughan now runs on a lean and falls over easily without contesting the tackle to position for an offload.I have noticed Tariq falls over easily when tackled as well.That whole pack has lost intensity.There is usually only one of the six involved in the attacking play.They also receive the ball either at a stand or jog.In fact Pereira is the one who times his run best in the whole team.I am confident there are a number of decent prospects to add some starch to the pack in particular Welsch,Hetherington and Hipgrave.Move on Merrin ,K Sims,T Sims they are all passed used by date.Definitely need to spend next six weeks sorting out backline so move out Noman ,Aiken ,Williame and blood Ramsay,Feagies .Must sign top level fiveeighth to partner Clune.Sailor or Dufty can cover this position until decent prospect can be brought in.Please no Hunt in the halves.He has no confidence in the position and all the best halves are very confident,they have to be .

Dragons 09

Juniors
Melbourne are pushing to re-sign Welch. Not good for us.

I think that's great for us. He's just another Vaughan, Kerr, Lawrie type player, we have enough of them already. We need a JWH, Nathan Brown, David Klemmer type player to better balance the pack and our rotations.

Dragon David

First Grade
Melbourne are pushing to re-sign Welch. Not good for us.
So it's the Storm versus the Dragons for the signature of Welch who is already playing for the Storm. Re-signing with the Storm would be a fait accompli without any doubt as I see Cameron Smith finishing up at the end of this year after they win the Clayton's Grand Final thus freeing up cash in the cap to increase the Storm's offer to keep him at the club.

He is one player I was really hoping we would get and of course why would the Storm want to lose him. They have so many big boppers in their team it is not funny and because of this, they will always be in the top 4/8 for many years.

TruSaint

Referee
Let’s be honest, who is helping the poor bloke every week?? He has been carrying the whole pack by himself this year

I agree, but even so I would say his runs are nowhere near as damaging, even early on in games where fatigue is no issue.

Cant understand why, but he seems to playing well within himself.

Dragsters

First Grade
The senior players have looked disinterested for the whole season.

Interestingly, at times they have really put in for periods then only to fade.

Start fast or finish strong but rarely both.

Make of it what you will but if it was a mutiny, it worked, finally...

TruSaint

Referee
The senior players have looked disinterested for the whole season.

Interestingly, at times they have really put in for periods then only to fade.

Start fast or finish strong but rarely both.

Make of it what you will butbif it was a mutiny, it worked, finally...

I had to look up "butbif" :)....

TruSaint

Referee
Its right after "covfeffe"

z2CvR6.gif

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Yes Vaughan and Mcguiness were the last men standing in the middle.Vaughan now runs on a lean and falls over easily without contesting the tackle to position for an offload.I have noticed Tariq falls over easily when tackled as well.That whole pack has lost intensity.There is usually only one of the six involved in the attacking play.They also receive the ball either at a stand or jog.In fact Pereira is the one who times his run best in the whole team.I am confident there are a number of decent prospects to add some starch to the pack in particular Welsch,Hetherington and Hipgrave.Move on Merrin ,K Sims,T Sims they are all passed used by date.Definitely need to spend next six weeks sorting out backline so move out Noman ,Aiken ,Williame and blood Ramsay,Feagies .Must sign top level fiveeighth to partner Clune.Sailor or Dufty can cover this position until decent prospect can be brought in.Please no Hunt in the halves.He has no confidence in the position and all the best halves are very confident,they have to be .

I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s noticed Vaughan runs diagonally, particularly from kick offs or restarts.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Ok let's go find another Lesson Ah Mau.
Better still make him our Island Ambassador paid position and get under Gu Gould's guard. I thought we already had a connection with the Islands through visitation coach schools what happened to that nothing.

Ritzley

Juniors
Ok let's go find another Lesson Ah Mau.
Better still make him our Island Ambassador paid position and get under Gu Gould's guard. I thought we already had a connection with the Islands through visitation coach schools what happened to that nothing.

Meh that died years ago when we decided that building an international brand and recruitment pathway via games in Fiji is a rubbish strategy so let's go play in Mudgee...

FlameThrower

Bench
Vaughan needs some support upfront as it seems everything is being left to him. Recruit two good props and let go the pretenders, Merrin and K Sims at least. lawrie needs to do more and Ellis and Blacker need a leader to follow.
Vaughan needs some support up top as well, he let down his team be not complying with the NRL Bubble COVID rules....

Latest posts