What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

City and Country Teams Named

Kris_man

Bench
As much as I think Tongue was incredibly unlucky, the more bizarre selection imo is White over Troy Thompson - wtf?! City team looks far better - I'd like the halves combo of Orford/Gower to be the NSW pairing, although I think Dykes was very unlucky not to be given a shot at impressing the selectors.

Balmain_Boy

City

1. Brett Hodgson
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Luke Lewis
4. Matt Geyer
5. Eric Grothe Jr.
6. Craig Gower
7. Matt Orford
8. Jason King
9. Robbie Farah
10. Joel Clinton
11. Lance Thompson
12. Trent Waterhouse
13. Braith Anasta

14. Craig Wing
15. John Skandalis
16. Paul Gallen
17. Ryan Hoffman

Already posted, but oh well.

Eddie.

Bench
Well i won't say i bothered going through Country's potentital line up so i have no idea who is unlucky/lucky.

However, that is possible the worst rep side I have ever seen. What the hell could guys like Alan Tounge and Todd Payten do to miss out on these teams. Brett White, Ben Creagh and Mitchell Sargent - please. I would of also though Laffranchi is a good enough player to make a side that ordinary.

The halves pairing is a very sad one. Although im not sure who else is available so i won't comment on it.

Anthony Quinn - wow, talk about scrapping to the bottom of the barrell.

Tim Sheens should have an easy time winning this game.

Hutty1986

Immortal
boonboon said:
Worst rep side ever named

Would that be the worst backline in the NRL, which team would be worse

Front row is a joke and bench - newton and white wouldnt make the tigers side , widders has done nothing this year and Preston has been struggling at Penrith

Where is Morrisson, Laffranchi, Payten, in the pack

Where is anyone in the Halves - Scott Hill at 5/8

Well put.. what an ordinary side!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Selection disgraces:

City = Anasta. Ran in hiding today, literally. Was even scared of El Masri on the wing.

Country = Finch. Was HOPELESS today.

Kris_man

Bench
Jono078 said:
Who is the Country coach?
Craig Bellamy I think? As much as I rate the guy, I think he's the best coach in the NRL, but he's up against it with that line-up.

macavity

Referee
boonboon said:
Worst rep side ever named

Would that be the worst backline in the NRL, which team would be worse

Front row is a joke and bench - newton and white wouldnt make the tigers side , widders has done nothing this year

you really have NFI. Newto is one of the best backrowers in the comp and should be starting over Creagh. White is a good prop (yes a smokey but would make any NRL team you nuffy) and Widders has been good for the terrible Eels.

I agree with you on Campbell though.

anyone got a source for that team..?

What else do the guys have to do to get some recognition??? I mean seriously, be creagh ffs, what has he done this year

Mr Saab

Referee
Kris_man said:
Craig Bellamy I think? As much as I rate the guy, I think he's the best coach in the NRL, but he's up against it with that line-up.

I agree there. I rate him highly and if he wins with this team then he is the greatest coach of the past 30 yrs!!

Balmain_Boy

macavity said:
you really have NFI. Newto is one of the best backrowers in the comp and should be starting over Creagh. White is a good prop (yes a smokey but would make any NRL team you nuffy) and Widders has been good for the terrible Eels.

I agree with you on Campbell though.

anyone got a source for that team..?

Seriously, he would not start over Payten in our team.

Raider Azz

Bench
i know it's already been said a million times here but i think it needs to be reiterated: WHAT A f**kING JOKE OF A COUNTRY LINE UP