What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

City of Jacksonville Invited to Axemen home opener

axefan

Juniors
Downtown Duval.

thats all for know. I will post more after the Home opener June 16th. on their own thread..sorry if I highjacked this one but I figured ...you guys wanted some pics...
took me long enough to figure it out

Kurt Angle

First Grade
No need to apolise for 'hijacking' the thread man.

It's always good to hear from a new RL fan from the other side of the world.

The more you post the better :)

roopy

Referee
It is fantastic seeing a decent crowd and the game being played in new places.

Digital cameras are a fantastic new thing for the game. All the French fans seem to have taken to RL photography with a passion.

For no particular reason - here are some pics from the farflung world of RL.

Dora Creek Swampies V Morisset Bulls (two villages of about 5000 population in country New South Wales).
41.jpg

Under 20s Newcastle Knights v Cronulla Sharks - game was played at Cessnock (a little country town famous for producing the world's best player - Joey Johns)
3.jpg

USA Tomahawks on the attack V Japan Samuris at Coffs Harbour New South Wales
coffsweekend331.jpg

deluded pom?

Coach
Did you get much of a take up on this offer Spinner? Has there been any feedback from anyone who took up your offer and saw their first ever game of RL?

Poul

Juniors
deluded pom? said:
Did you get much of a take up on this offer Spinner? Has there been any feedback from anyone who took up your offer and saw their first ever game of RL?

To expand on this point, have you (Spinner) thought of exiit polling your fans after your home games? It could be useful to find out what strategies work best to attract fans to the game. You just have to ask them. Some of the questions that could be asked might include; Is this your first time watching Rugby League? How did you find out about the game? Did you enjoy the game? Are you planning to come to the next home game? I guess the questions could be tailored to suit your desired outcomes. As an incentive participants could either be given tickets to the next home game (They would most likely bring a paying guest with them), or go into a draw for a prize of some description. Just a thought :-k

axefan

Juniors
roopy said:
It is fantastic seeing a decent crowd and the game being played in new places.

Digital cameras are a fantastic new thing for the game. All the French fans seem to have taken to RL photography with a passion.

Yeah I take my camera everywhere. The only problem is that once you get used to having one...you start pining after better, more expensive models.
I might have an upgrade by gametime...

also I have a few thoughts about these questions from Poul and D Pom...

To expand on this point, have you (Spinner) thought of exiit polling your fans after your home games? It could be useful to find out what strategies work best to attract fans to the game.

Among the first time fans I know from last season the feedback was very good. Our group grew every week as word got around. I would say the crowd grew between 2-300 every week. I dont know how high that number could go, but I expect it could be a considerable jump from last year. I have encountered alot of folks who have been asking "When is Rugby starting again?"

The League game is easy to explain to even casual American football fans. Returning fans (newcomers last week?) seem to enjoy explaining things to first timers. One woman I know says that Rugby League has ruined American Football for her (the interaction with, and proximity to, the hunky players may have someting to do with that ;-) )

deluded pom?

Coach
robcrossland said:
Just found the AxeMen on the web, great effort by all concerned, very impressive start!

Rob
www.hullkr.co.uk

if you want to be impressed rob, check out the New Haven Warriors site and see where they play ;-) . BTW welcome to the forums rob.