What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clarke dropped!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Balmain_Boy said:
How does Symonds add balance? He can't f**king bowl and he can't f**king bat.

Give him an extended go and for starters in Adelaide on a flat pitch you need those extra bowling options. We need to prepare for the Ashes and we will need this 5th bowler when Warne/Mcgrath retire so we are better to start preparing now. I am prepared to give him a chance until Watson comes back. Face it like it or not Australia is going to experiment for a solid 3 years with this all-rounder that we want.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
lockyno1 said:
12th- Bracken (can't swing the ball on flat tracks, so he won't play in Adelaide)

he can bowl alot better than Symonds, he actually takes wickets

and Bracken made 30 odd runs in the first test

and Bracken is a blue bag, case closed

Symonds can practise mixing the drinks for mine

lockyno1

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
he can bowl alot better than Symonds, he actually takes wickets

and Bracken made 30 odd runs in the first test

and Bracken is a blue bag, case closed

Symonds can practise mixing the drinks for mine

They will not play Macgill unless they play an all-rounder becuase that is a long tail. I know lee and warne can bat a bit but that is a very thin tail starting with bracken, macgill and mcgrath. That is why they will play symonds. He also adds his off-spin to the table which could be valuable in adelaide. Bracken may bowl better but it is either barcken or macgill, and I would take macgill every test except the perth test!

lockyno1

Post Whore
aussies1st said:
Needs more NSW players to me ;-)

We carried 2 of your hacks for over 12 months! That is enough, bring in some blokes that can actually score runs rather than sell merchanise!

Rammo

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
bring in some blokes that can actually score runs rather than sell merchanise!

I suppose Watson getting injured was a blessing in disguise then.

aussies1st

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
We carried 2 of your hacks for over 12 months! That is enough, bring in some blokes that can actually score runs rather than sell merchanise!

Clarke will be back, he is too good not to be back. Jaques will be in there soon. And in the long term the all rounder will be Henquires.

lockyno1

Post Whore
aussies1st said:
Clarke will be back, he is too good not to be back. Jaques will be in there soon. And in the long term the all rounder will be Henquires.

Clarke may be back but I would take Crosgrove before Clarke anyday. Henquires is one everyone is raving about but he has to prove himself. Watson will be a great player but he will be more a batsman that bats 4 and bowls a bit. Jaques will almost defiantely be in the ODI squad for the Chappel-Hadlee series.

The Colonel

Immortal
lockyno1 said:

Well seeing as Symonds picked up 4 fewer runs than Clarke that exercise was a waste of time. All-rounder? Maybe in one day cricket where he can hold up an end but he isn't a Test bowler's backside.....

lockyno1

Post Whore
GoTheBears said:
Warne n Lee can handle 7 an 8. They are both batting very well recently.

Against this attack it probally will work. But it will not work against England or any other good side. 3 quick wickets and Warne is in next. Sorry I just don't like that situation. We need another batsman and like it or not it will be out of Watson/Symonds/Hopes/Cameron White.

Rammo

Juniors
As a New South Welshman I can admit that New South Wales players get special treatment with selectors.

Why can't the Queenslanders admit the same thing though?

I'm sick of people having a go at each other on here regarding the way players from their respective staes performed.

We're all Australian ffs, judge players individually and don't favour them because they're from your state.

Red Bear

Referee
lockyno1 said:
Against this attack it probally will work. But it will not work against England or any other good side. 3 quick wickets and Warne is in next. Sorry I just don't like that situation. We need another batsman and like it or not it will be out of Watson/Symonds/Hopes/Cameron White.
LOL, you havent watched the Ashes??? Those two batted brilliantly against the poms!

lockyno1

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
Well seeing as Symonds picked up 4 fewer runs than Clarke that exercise was a waste of time. All-rounder? Maybe in one day cricket where he can hold up an end but he isn't a Test bowler's backside.....

Symonds was runnout, that happens it is cricket. He bowled well in the first dig, bowled tightly and allowed them to attack at the other end. He will be much better in Adelaide where he can bowl spin. I am not saying he is our answer to the all-rounder, Watson PROBALLY is, but at the moment he is the best we have got!

The Colonel

Immortal
lockyno1 said:

The all rounder is already there. Stop playing Gilchrist at 6 and put him back at 7 and bring in a batsman. Symonds and Watson should be competing for the middle order not as all rounders.....

lockyno1

Post Whore
GoTheBears said:
LOL, you havent watched the Ashes??? Those two batted brilliantly against the poms!

I know they batted well in the Ashes, but they are first and foremost BOWLERS. Yes they can bat, but having warne at 7 and lee at 8 is too risky in my opinion. We need an extra batsman.

Latest posts