What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clark's performance

ngap

Juniors
I was surprised tonight he was not at his normal worst. He respected the players and did not look for trivial penalties.

I think this is shown by how no-one is complaining about his performance. So congratulations to him. Maybe he should retain his place for game 3, much to my surprise.

OVP

Coach
Agreed. Being a whinging Roosters fan ;-) i be VERY happy to get Steve Clark as ref for the rest of the season. Very Harrigan-eque i thought ... he kept them apart well, didnt blow any dumb penalties unless most were warranted, and most importantly HE LET THE GAME FLOW !!!

Id give him a 9 out of 10 ... great effort and congrats Clark.

Jono078

Referee
I would love him for game 3 considering he was pretty good in this match and QLD have never won under him :).

mickdo

Coach
Still, it was just one game. He has a long way to go if he wants Harrigan status.

legend

Coach
Excellent game from Clark. The less they talk about the ref, the more you know he did a good job letting the game flow. He'll be the ref in game 3 for sure.

Striker

Juniors
The only reason you didnt really notice him is due to the fact your team won. I didn't think that Simpkins had that bad of a game in origin 1 but i suppose my team won then. So if QLD now complain about how Civinonciva 'strip' was penalised and Anasta's wasn't and our try in the opening minutes of the 2nd half deemed forward, do we get a new referee for the third game?

drake

First Grade
Very different from the game he reffed between Saints and the Worriers.

Good job Clark.

I still dislike you immensely. :lol:

Poor game by Clark and the touchies. Good to see he won't be back for Game 3. The decisions they made clearly turned the game and gifted NSW a victory.

skeepe

Immortal
Agreed Rastus - most of the penalties against Queensland were definately not penalties. If Civoneciva stripped that ball he must be the most flexible man in the world. Gift 2 points. Queensland denied a legitimate try, NSW score next set - 12 point turnaround. Clarke was rubbish.

The Colonel

Immortal
Clarke was going to award the try, the touchie said it had gone forward. If I was from Qld, much like the first game for NSW, I'd be worried about the lack of impact that came from the bench outside of Bowen and Ross for some of the game and some of the other forwards. Carlaw and McGuire were next to useless as were Simpson and Ryan in the first game.

How Qld selectors were able to start Webb after the damage he did in the first game is ridiculous.

There will be another referee for the next game but one team will still whinge about his interpretations. Suck it up and live with it.

skeepe

Immortal
I thought Simpkins had a pretty great game in Origin 1 as well, as I'm sure did most Queensland fans. Oh but that's right, it was you guys doing the whinging then, so it must have been ok. Hypocrites. God I hate NSW.

The Colonel

Immortal
Rastus_in_Melbourne said:
Who cares, the thread isn't about the bench, it's about Clark.

:cry: Poor diddums.....

Clark had a good game. Better than a lot of others he reffed this year.

Latest posts