What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clinton fined $50,000

Inferno

Coach
Hope she was worth it mate...

Brisbane frontrower Joel Clinton has been fined $50,000 by the Broncos for breaching the club's code of conduct.

He will also not be considered for Friday night's NRL clash against the Bulldogs at Suncorp Stadium.

Earlier reports had suggested the former Test representative's $250,000-plus contract could have been torn up after he admitted to breaching the club's code of conduct late last month by inviting a female friend to his hotel room the night Brisbane played the Wests Tigers.

The club stood Clinton down from last Friday night's game against Melbourne and their board is under pressure to deliver a stern message to players following a number of incidents in the past 10 months.
Link

Inferno

Coach
Just marvellous consistency from the Broncs as well.

How much did Boyd, Thaiday and Hunt get fined for last year and how long were they stood done for?

Same question again for Locky's tackle on that bartender?

Gaba

First Grade
re edit the way i typed it came out wrong

Who said it was , if they did do anything with this propaganda about the swine flu being a football player with Broncos that could have brought up allegation of giving it to her..

Might or might not happen but these days you dont know

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
If I were Clinton I'd tell em to get stuffed. No way could such a ridiculous punishment be deemed legal

NGR

Juniors
50k?!

Clinton will be looking for a new club... And well, We need one...

Seems excessive to me.

I look at these things in terms of (a) was anyone harmed? (b) was anyone treated badly? (c) was the club/game embarassed in some way?

Can't see any of these apply here. Minor breach of club rules. Maybe the penalty is for not sharing her around with his teammates? :lol:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Seriously WTF

Did he assult anyone? No
Did he let his mates watch? No
Did he take photos and pass it around? No

Clubs are getting far to involved in players lives, it is at the point of being rediculous.

Gaba

First Grade
A risk of allegation of a crime b could be c could be

b and c as i meniton previously since now the swine flu propaganda is spouted out, if the female is money hungry she could have a case particularly if she gets the flu

Danish

Referee
No doubt this is a none too subtle move to try and get Clinton to move on to another club, much like their hair trigger firings of other players for minor breaches whilst star players get away with similar behaviour

Gaba

First Grade
The broncos done the right thing, the media will be waiting for a case like this could happen where a league player is accused of giving a victim the swine flu

People need to wake up to the fact its the recent allegation from females which would have brought this on and the clubs are trying to protect themselves

adamkungl

Immortal
When is a player actually going to grow some f**king balls in regards to this sort of thing. He issued a public apology, WHAT THE f**k FOR?

Godz Illa

Coach
$50k is a lot to lose for a bit of sexy fun in a hotel room. But David Carradine lost a lot more

Too soon?

adamkungl

Immortal
The broncos done the right thing, the media will be waiting for a case like this could happen where a league player is accused of giving a victim the swine flu

People need to wake up to the fact its the recent allegation from females which would have brought this on and the clubs are trying to protect themselves

Swine flu isnt an STD you gimp

Latest posts