What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clinton fined $50,000

IanG

Coach
I wanna know one thing. Is this a case of some woman he picked up in a bar or is this a young lady he'd been forming a relationship with and meeting up with?

God-King Dean

Immortal
According to another article, (couldn't be stuffed finding it) Clinton came out & said that it was a person he'd be communicating (is that what they call it these days ?) with for the past month or so. So it'd be fair to assume he was in a relationship with her of some sorts.

bartman

Immortal
Or wasn't it "communicating with her" for a month, ie maybe not "seeing her" in person (phone, internet etc). Hence the choice to meet up and break the code of conduct.

squiddy

Juniors
he said that he's been seeing her for a month

Actually he said he had been conversing with her for a montha nd this was there first meet up - either way doesnt matter , penalty is way too harsh. I'd rather he was rooting his brains out than getting on the drink wouldn't you ?

Johns Magic

Referee
Actually he said he had been conversing with her for a montha nd this was there first meet up - either way doesnt matter , penalty is way too harsh. I'd rather he was rooting his brains out than getting on the drink wouldn't you ?

Would either be an issue if they didn't do something stupid?

bartman

Immortal
Personally I'm not so sure about this action by the club... Clinton hans't brought the club or game into disrepute, there are no complaints of any sort from anyone involved that we are aware, it's not the type of thing that could even be portrayed by the media in a bad light?

Sure, he may have broken internal club rules, but why go public on his punishment - which seems to be harsh compared to the punishment the cubicle 3 got last year, which was basically nothing for something far more risky in terms of the game's public or media image?

Bronocs must want Clinton elsewhere next year, is all I can conclude...

alexc

Jeeze you guys are going a bit easy.

You are all forgetting that Joel Clinton is a massive dud and even if they fined him 300k it still wouldn't be enough. I was preying they sacked him.

Not to mention last year after the broncos sex thingo they said that they are going to anal rape any player who f**ks up from now on.

Also would a dumb thing to do after the cronulla sh*t

also JOEL CLINTON IS sh*t!!!!!!!

matt

Juniors
Is this rediculous rule only for the ladies or are men banned as well .

Burwood

Bench
I can fully understand Brisbane wanting to protect their club by implementing a policy such as the one highlighted here, but surely the punishment has to fit the crime. $50,000 does seem to be quite a severe price to pay.

And what happens when a player who has been in a long-term relationship or is married brings his partner to the hotel the night before the game? Does the same "no woman" policy still exist?

F-1-11

Juniors
What great standards this joke of a club have. Wait until Hodges,Lockyer,Hunt ,Thiaday et al do something stupid again ,I bet they would say we have kept it in house.If I was Clinton I would be taking legal advice.
Whre does the fine go?

badav

Bench
No sense can be made of this. The penalty is totally disproportionate to the offence.

Knee jerk reactions do not show leadership.

Are you that unintelligent , the swine flu is the most deadliest thing on this planet according to the propaganda which is a load of crap

All i am saying is that eg the female gets sick she could try to get money from the broncos claiming their player gave it to her

he did, thats what he got fined for

.......but seriously, i can see both sides of the story,

he took a girl back to his room for some fun, so what........but the other side is that he knew the club rules and broke them and left himself and the club open to possible accusations from the girl of inapropriate behaviour

my opinion is option one, but i can see where the broncos were coming from,

50 grand is way too steep though

Latest posts