What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clive Churchill Medalist

DCE 4 CC?

• Yes

Votes: 67 57.3%
  • No

Votes: 50 42.7%

• Total voters

Meth

Staff member
I think DCE is the best halfback in the game right now. If he wasn't in the Kangaroo squad before the grand final, something is wrong with the selectors' heads.

NrlCoach

Juniors
Its funny how McCarthy and no one here has mention DCE poor attempt tackle on SBW 59 minute who offloaded to Maloney which changed the game and momentum in the GF. That alone should of ended his changes of winning the medal if we are to go by McCarthy words.

Fulton was always going to vote for a manly player lose or win. McCarthy is a bitter old South man who was not going to vote for East player. The other two could of voted for two different player therefor Fulton had to only convince McCarthy vote for same player he vote (DCE).

The Selectors should not be all Australians (how many Kiwi where playing in the GF). they need mix of Australian, Kiwis or other Nations players selecting the winner. Its 2013 not the 80s NSWRL. Could you imagine the uproar if the NZ Warriors won in 2011 and a Manly player won the medal. Why put yourself in the situation in the future

The selecting panel should not be made of players that have played for the GF teams or are rivals (McCarthy: South Vs East). Fulton was always going to be biased to Manly players (look at his NSW selections: Jamie buhrer, Jason King etc). Look at the comments by McCarthy the bitter former South player made about Maloney and SBW. By his comments he was never going to pick a East player. Do you guys think McCarthy was going to vote for a East player if it was South Vs East :lol:

lets just call the Clive Churchill medal of 2013 the " i am voting for my former team that am considered as a legend Win or Lose and i am not going to vote for my fiercest rivals " aka the Fulton and McCarthy medal :crazy:

bottle

Coach
Just do away with the damn thing if it's gonna cause this much angst and hand wringing.
DCE was a clear and deserved winner. Fmd.

Freddy's Girl

Juniors
SBW stepped up when it mattered, DCE didn't go anything to put pressure to get his team back, his performance was very much over-rated. I thought Foran directed the team better overall.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Just watched the game again on tv for the first time. Sam Moa was a clear MotM for me.

He was outstanding. Made so many barnstorming runs, quality in D and also that beautiful pass before the line to SBW for SKDs try.

When he came back on in the second half he changed the momentum big time.

DCE had some great moments but his kicking game was dreadful. Cost Manly big time. Foran was clearly Manly's best IMO.

Mr Saab

Referee
Just watched the game again on tv for the first time. Sam Moa was a clear MotM for me.

He was outstanding. Made so many barnstorming runs, quality in D and also that beautiful pass before the line to SBW for SKDs try.

Yeah, no but he "only" played 46 minutes (or so). Cant give a MOM to a player who does not play 80 mins...just ask Mason in 2004 and Kite in 2008.

Tommy Smith

Referee
lol Yep

Which pretty much rules out prop forwards from ever winning the award again.

I always thought the MotM Award was given to the bloke who had the most influence on the result, regardless of playing time.

And that for me was clearly Sam Moa. Just ahead of Maloney who had a big hand in 3 out of 4 tries and also kicked crucial goals @ 100%.

Mr Saab

Referee
Yeah nah, but you cant give it to a player who kicked a crucial 5/5....i mean it "only" gave them a buffer of 8 points in the end.
Maloney was the standout IMO, but hey, DCE is the flavour of the month and the Aus selectors have to justify his selection even further by giving the medal.

NrlCoach

Juniors
DCE was leading the race to win the medal until this :lol: SBW didn't do anything and Maloney was lucky said McCarthy :crazy: Rooster supports should ask DCE to sign this picture for them :p
004161-sbw.jpg

Meth

Staff member
it was DCE's pitiful attempt at a tackle on SBW that allowed Sonny to get the offload away.

yeah, it's pretty easy to tackle sbw. I've never seen him get an offload away before. You'd expect a halfback to nail sbw one on one every time.

Yeah nah, but you cant give it to a player who kicked a crucial 5/5....i mean it "only" gave them a buffer of 8 points in the end.

Not according to Bob McCarthy, he said Maloney only kicked 4 goals :crazy: Also that Moa only played 45 minutes or so (he played 54 minutes according to the match stats). So to Bob McCarthy :lol: