What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club jerseys 2008

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The giant f**king "A" that dominates the logo does not give it away? What about the green & gold?

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Timmah said:
The giant f**king "A" that dominates the logo does not give it away? What about the green & gold?
Nope. It says "Centenary of RL". The G&G and "A" could be taken as just a bit of Aussie styling.

Timmah

Staff member
Still... it's a great logo, and you're being picky. F**k me, the NRL/ARL etc don't do a lot right but when they're making an effort like they are, FFS cut them some slack!

LESStar58

Referee
Timmah said:
With the draw announced we now know that each team will have three jerseys in Season 2008.

When we get news on jerseys, stick it in here so we can keep up to date.

There will be some clubs whose H&A strips are unlikely to change apart from sponsorship - including Brisbane, Bulldogs and Parramatta - as their strips were new in 2007.

According to an earlier thread also, a new design for the Wests Tigers is in the offing.

And as mentioned above the third jersey for each club will be a representation of their districts first NSWRL club. :crazy: Below is a list I'll attempt to compile:

Brisbane
Home - Same?
Away - Same?
Heritage R6 - Yellow top/Maroon bottom (similar to Lang Park opening strip in 02 or 03 IIRC)

Bulldogs
Home - Same?
Away - Same?
Heritage R6 - Butcher stripes as per the past few years heritage strip... although we did play in a maroon and sky blue Vee strip early on too.

Canberra
Home -
Away - Same?
Heritage R6 - Lime green? Not sure tbh

Cronulla
Home - Same
Away -
Heritage R6 - Sky blue with White Vee?

Gold Coast
Home - Same
Away - Same
Heritage R6 - Giants strip (grey and black)?

Manly Warringah
Home - Same?
Away - Likely to change?
Heritage R6 - Maroon with White Vee?

Melbourne
Home -
Away -
Heritage R6 - 1998 style strip, or VRL (navy and white double Vee) style?

Newcastle
Home - Likely to change
Away -
Heritage R6 - Henny Penny days... or Red & white as per 1908

North Queensland
Home - Likely to change?
Away - Same
Heritage R6 - mid-chest horizontal bars strip from 95, white top grey bottom (IIRC?)

Parramatta
Home - Same
Away - Same
Third - Same
Heritage R6 - similar strip to this years retro?

Penrith
Home - Same?
Away - Same
Heritage R6 - Fugged if I know

St George Illawarra
Home - Same
Away - Minor alterations
Heritage R6 - blood and bandages?

South Sydney
Home - Same
Away - Same
Heritage R6 - Same jersey without the panels?

Sydney Roosters
Home - Same
Away - Same?
Heritage R6 - tricolour bars ala 2007

Wests Tigers
Home - Changing
Away - Changing
Heritage R6 - Balmain or Wests?

Warriors
Home - Same
Away - Same
Heritage R6 - Auckland RL jersey ala 2007?

Why? OH why? Why do clubs need a third jersey? We aren't the EPL for f**ks sake!

Knightmare

Coach
Only for next year- it's a centenary season, none of us here, unless there is an act of God, will live to see League's bicentennary in Australia. I'm happy for clubs to have a heritage jersey to mark this occasion.

yakstorm

First Grade
LESStar58 said:
Why? OH why? Why do clubs need a third jersey? We aren't the EPL for f**ks sake!

It's 100 yrs of Rugby League, its important there is the ability there for clubs to recognise their past but at the same time not be forced to wear the same traditional strip for a whole season.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Timmah said:
Still... it's a great logo, and you're being picky. F**k me, the NRL/ARL etc don't do a lot right but when they're making an effort like they are, FFS cut them some slack!
It is a great logo, something we can all be proud of, which is all I can ask for really.

Timmah

Staff member
Exactly. DId you not notice the word HERITAGE R6?

f**k some people just don't read full sentences here. So many stupid comments and arguments could be avoided :crazy:

Timmah

Staff member
Lockyer4President! said:
It is a great logo, something we can all be proud of, which is all I can ask for really.

Good stuff. I'm glad that people are appreciating the effort they're making. I'm the first to admit they do plenty of negative things to the game they're supposed to nurture but these celebrations are something that so far they're doing right :cool:

Shorty

Staff member
Hmm I'm excited about the new Cows jersey and interested in how they'll master the old school North Queensland Football jersey.

Btw the Wests Tigers one looks quite nice.

skeepe

Immortal
_Johnsy said:
Raiders - 995 sure this would be the one, not 100% about the sponsor though
2006_raidretro89_120.jpg

That's the '89 jersey - around that era anyway. The original 1982 jersey wasn't much different, but a lighter shade of green and, from the looks of the photo, no stripes on the sleeves.

grant.jpg

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd like to see the Australian test side play in its original jumper too, which I believe was blue and maroon.

_Johnsy

Referee
I'd actually like to see the NRL run the explaination of the logo in a 4 minute add during most telecasts this year. Especially interstate for big games eg. SOO, evenas an add before or during, may cost them some big $$, but a worthwhile investment.

TITAN1

Juniors
LESStar58 said:
If you read the thread you would realise round 6 is a HERITAGE round.:D

Tyler Durden

Juniors
Knightmare said:
Only for next year- it's a centenary season, none of us here, unless there is an act of God, will live to see League's bicentennary in Australia. I'm happy for clubs to have a heritage jersey to mark this occasion.

my personal view - wouldn't mind if the clubs played the whole season in their heritage jerseys. awesome. :cool:

Latest posts