What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club jerseys 2008

Shorty

Staff member
Hmmm,yeah from a companies point of view though,wouldn't they want something that is a bit more marketable?

Like no offence to the Broncos but their sponsors and jerseys don't look like much thought has been put into it.
As the sponsor I'd like my product to look professional and I mean it must all come down to the designers of each team because we know with representative jerseys the sponsors don't kill the jersey.

Jerseys like the Knights 'Coal and Allied' or the Cows 'Toyota' logos they incorporate perfectly without looking cheap and nasty.
For example,just removing the red box on the 'WOW' logo would do wonders,little things that a bit more effort would fix.

It's a shame.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
innsaneink said:
2238.jpg

300px-CT-p0001-ST.jpg

Vun.... tooo... freee....

:crazy:

lolesi

First Grade
Oh wow! Mini looks like that count guy, thats crazy, i have never seen that before on these forums, you are a really funny guy!

Timmah

Staff member
I know it's been done before... just couldn't resist. Don't like it, then f*ck off and stop acting like a f*cking arsehole.

hrundi99

First Grade
The effectiveness of a sponsor's brand on a playing strip is measured by a number of different companies like S-COMM. They use sophisticated programs to determine how much coverage the companies get and then apply a value to the time etc., thus being able to assess at the end of the season how much their sponsorship has actually been worth in terms of advertising dollars.

The logos on the jerseys are often tweaked according to these results. Aesthetics don't necessarily come into it.

no name

Referee
nqcowboy87 said:
the brisbane heritage jerseys sleeves are incorrect if its meant to be a 1988 replica

What about the numbers across the front?
While most teams are similar to past jerseys, not many, if any have the exact design

Timmah

Staff member
You'll find the vast majority in fact represent the original design, some even going back to regional representation pre-NSWRL side:

Brisbane (with the exception of the premiership years)
Bulldogs
Canberra
Cronulla (with the exception of the original logo)
Manly
Melbourne
Newcastle (08-09)
NQ (Marlins)
Parramatta
Penrith
South Sydney (with the exception of the torn rabbit logo)

Timmah

Staff member
I was thinking that :fist:

STUPID :fist:

We would have been better off using the maroon/sky blue Vee strip someone posted once

Timmah

Staff member
No offence to Saints but surely they could've picked something better knowing our heritage design has been as such for four years? :crazy:

The Tank

Bench
Cheesie-the-Pirate said:
Round 6, Battle of the Stripes!

Heritage082.jpg
VERSUS
lg_bulldogs08%20heritage%20jersey.jpg

Wow, those look very nice. I love the addition of the old logos. I'd love the Dogs to have the "CB" logo as their fulltime logo.

phonetic

Juniors
Shame that our heritage jerseys are still swamped with advertising.

The Saints heritage jersey is very nice and I'll definitely be buying one. They better wear the correct shorts and socks though!

Timmah

Staff member
28032008.jpg

Knights heritage in the flesh.. Was on the dragons rack at peter wynns score lol. Just got myself the bulldogs heritage jersey- there's no sponsorship on the rear of it and it looked plain. Any dogs fans buying it should probly get a number on it otherwise it looks dodgy lol

NthKnight

Timmah said:
No offence to Saints but surely they could've picked something better knowing our heritage design has been as such for four years? :crazy:

Unless some of the players are red/blue colour blind I dont see an issue Timmah :p

Latest posts