What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club management

murraymob

Coach
Our club management is the best in the league from media to player recruitment to corporate sponsors some will disagree some agree .after seeing the telegrapth publish the top 100 paid players.its incredible that the club running second has there highest paid player sitting at no 11
We currently only have 3 in the top 100. .That sir is brilliant management.We also have maximum sponsorships .New ground will open up more ground sponsons
In finishing up the panthers
This thread is there for all to discuss from positive to negative thoughts even Hindy and Rhyno input is welcome

Nealo 12

Bench
Don’t worry to much about Ryno he’s having a bit of trouble getting back in after the upgrade 😂

Crashtest

Juniors
Gus set this all up. Wonder how long it will last
If the last two years without him are any indication, then we'll be ok.

I'm not trying to belittle all that he did, but we got as far as we could with jut him calling all the shots, and needed a change to take the team forward to the next level.

Smug Panther

First Grade
If the last two years without him are any indication, then we'll be ok.

I'm not trying to belittle all that he did, but we got as far as we could with jut him calling all the shots, and needed a change to take the team forward to the next level.
Yeah agree Gus needed to go but I have no faith in what's replaced him. Our CEO got Ivan back (who's doing an OK job) just to lock up his son.
I challenge anyone to try disagree with this

Crashtest

Juniors
Yeah agree Gus needed to go but I have no faith in what's replaced him. Our CEO got Ivan back (who's doing an OK job) just to lock up his son.
I do. He got back a coach he thought could develop all the junior players into a strong team, and work as a team with the other coaching staff and Board. Hard to argue with the results over the last 2 years.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I do. He got back a coach he thought could develop all the junior players into a strong team, and work as a team with the other coaching staff and Board. Hard to argue with the results over the last 2 years.
Ivan is an ok coach but he choked badly last year and it looks headed that way again. We are so close but he's just doesn't have the big call in him imo

Crashtest

Juniors
Ivan is an ok coach but he choked badly last year and it looks headed that way again. We are so close but he's just doesn't have the big call in him imo

I have a totally different view of Cleary, especially over the last two years. I think he has made plenty of big calls, and that if he hadn't of made then we wouldn't of achieved the sort of unbelievable success we have had over the last 1.5 seasons.

He made the tough call to release a number of players (3 of which he helped develop and gave first grade debuts to during his first stint as Penrith coach) and paid large parts of their contracts to do so, and despite heavy criticism for doing so. He then took a young roster on a 17 game winning streak and all the way to a grand final, with a team that no one, despite a few hard call Panthers fans, predicted would even make the top 8 on 2020 given the bad season before it.

He then released 3 more of our most experienced players end the end of last season to afford to upgrade the younger players, and despite many experts predicting the Panthers would fall back to the bottom of the 8 this season, took them on a a 12 game winning streak to start the season and a run that only stopped because the team was decimated by Origin selections.

The fact he picked May, the back up half with the most first grade experience of any of our back up halves, and who is part of the top 17 so knows the defensive structures better than anyone else he could of brought in from NSW Cup, doesn't mean he can't make big calls.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I have a totally different view of Cleary, especially over the last two years. I think he has made plenty of big calls, and that if he hadn't of made then we wouldn't of achieved the sort of unbelievable success we have had over the last 1.5 seasons.

He made the tough call to release a number of players (3 of which he helped develop and gave first grade debuts to during his first stint as Penrith coach) and paid large parts of their contracts to do so, and despite heavy criticism for doing so. He then took a young roster on a 17 game winning streak and all the way to a grand final, with a team that no one, despite a few hard call Panthers fans, predicted would even make the top 8 on 2020 given the bad season before it.

He then released 3 more of our most experienced players end the end of last season to afford to upgrade the younger players, and despite many experts predicting the Panthers would fall back to the bottom of the 8 this season, took them on a a 12 game winning streak to start the season and a run that only stopped because the team was decimated by Origin selections.

The fact he picked May, the back up half with the most first grade experience of any of our back up halves, and who is part of the top 17 so knows the defensive structures better than anyone else he could of brought in from NSW Cup, doesn't mean he can't make big calls.
I'm a loud mouth opinionated merkin....and I hope I'm wrong

Crashtest

Juniors
I'm a loud mouth opinionated merkin....and I hope I'm wrong

All good. I'm obviously to over opinionated as well! And I think there are a lot more on here that share your view rather than mine.

But lets hope, regardless of who is right or wrong, that we can get enough wins while we are without Nathan and Jerome, to finish the season top 2!

franklin2323

Immortal
Gus set this all up. Wonder how long it will last

Matt Cameron did. Gus said he hired him, gave a him a blank sheet of paper and said write what you need and it is yours. That set up the junior pathways.

Gus would of had his hands in several things but hired the right people

Kilkenny

Coach
Gus Gould was our GM who resigned Nathan Cleary to his current long term deal.

Our Chairman Dave O’Neill brought Ivan Cleary back to the club a decision which apparently was made without consultation with Gus and not long thereafter Gus was gone. The decision had no impact on the retention of Nathan Cleary who Gus had already secured on a deal thru to the of end of 2024.

Last edited:

Latest posts