What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Bennett

MightyRedVee

Juniors
i heard its a done deal the guy who told me is usually on the money iam stoked went out and bought a case of crownies to celebrate.

since its just speculation until its confirmed or denied iam sure he will bring a player or two across be interesting to see how it pans out.

Rosso V

Juniors
iam sure he will bring a player or two across be interesting to see how it pans out

Thats the other part of the deal im looking forward to.
Mighty red V your on the money there

Again thanks for the warm welcome

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
if bennett does come accross i dare say who ever he brings with him it will be a class player or two, he loves to win doesnt he

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
nathan brown wears his heart on his sleeve, i would like to see him stay on as an assistant coach for few years, i must say brown is the best junoir developer ive seen

Dare I say "Poor" Browny...... On an absolute hiding to nothing now, but indeed if we are in the Market for Wayne Bennett we should pull out all stops......

As a minor sideline, Benny could possibly be coaching Dell again. And if there's any bloke on the planet who could get the best out of Wendell its Wayne.

MightyRedVee

Juniors
well locky has a clause in his contract that he may move on if bennett leaves the club and thats fact.....:shock: locky/soward or rangi/soward and locky fullback would be nice either way crossing fingers

bornadragon

Juniors
When the music stops... We'll be the ones left standing.

We are the Captains of "PROCRASTINATING".

We (they've) done it before and they'll do it again.

After 30 years or so - they've really mastered the art!

This sadden's me to my very soul. Bennett has a reputation to protect.
Do you really think he'll come to us a a Messiah and bring us back to Utopia.
He would just throw his hands in the air and walk away.

Wake up and smell the roses. SAINT GEORGE is a train wreck that people are becoming aware of... And now no chance of Anderson.

I can really see 30 years blowing out to 40+. EASILY

Willow

Assistant Moderator
A little against the grain here but I'm not sold yet on Bennett being coach of Saints.

Yes, I understand he may bring players into the club but there's already some good players on board, and any new player will have to fit under the cap anyway.

Also, I read in one publication that Bennett will be an attraction to sponsors and this will bring in much needed cash. I suspect that's true but last time I checked, we hired coaches to win premierships, not to bring in sponsorship dollars.

Plus will Bennett deliver that premiership? He certainly has the experience, but he also had a few dud results. In any case, it is fair comment to say that Broncos got the best out of Bennett, but is it also fair comment to say that Bennett's best years are now behind him?

petetheileet

First Grade
Willow said:
A little against the grain here but I'm not sold yet on Bennett being coach of Saints.

Yes, I understand he may bring players into the club but there's already some good players on board, and any new player will have to fit under the cap anyway.

Also, I read in one publication that Bennett will be an attraction to sponsors and this will bring in much needed cash. I suspect that's true but last time I checked, we hired coaches to win premierships, not to bring in sponsorship dollars.

Plus will Bennett deliver that premiership? He certainly has the experience, but he also had a few dud results. In any case, it is fair comment to say that Broncos got the best out of Bennett, but is it also fair comment to say that Bennett's best years are now behind him?

Good point mate...

I seriously dont think that Lockyer will be heading down to us however, when if ever we do have room under our cap im sure that Bennett will attract better players than brown would have.

I believe Bennett is here to both entice more lucritive sponsorship as well as improve the first grade side i feel he will add a much needed discipline to our game and we can only get better because of that....

I think if we do land him it will be great for the club in all areas!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
In 92 or 93 after the Grand Final, he was encouraging his boys to sing "Saints can't play" now he may be coaching them.

Maybe it was a dig at Smithy the coach but none the less it hurt us.

He then took Tallis and Mundine from the Dragons, parading the later with a cake and a Bronco's jersey on his birthday to rub it in our faces.

He left a bad taste in our mouths a few times in the past that is for sure.

It would be good to have Browny stay on as an assistant becuase he will pick up a fair bit from him and can then have another crack at coaching the Dragons.

Hanscholo

Bench
Ribs said:
Im so sick of the media at the moment, even moreso than I normally am.

We finally put together a decent disciplined win after weeks of Brown being under pressure to do just that and what happens?

The story says it now wont matter if we win the GF, Brown is gone anyway.

Is there a part of the media that just wants to see us fail, or Brown fail? This sh*t has got to have an impact on the teams moral and they know it.

Stick it to em' Brownie.

It must be frustrating that they keep coming back to the negative. I cant help but think however that its because Brown really should have been moved on before now, and that its inevitable that he will go no matter how well he does this year.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Willow said:

im hoping we will be top 4 material, as for winning grandfinals these days you need luck, as long they are super competetive i will be happy chappy

Willow

Assistant Moderator
LOYAL DRAGON said:
as for winning grandfinals these days you need luck
Well Bennett must be one lucky fella. lol

Mind you, he had perhaps the biggest catchment area of players to choose from for quite a few of those years.

Of course I'm being devil's advocate. But I do think we should be wary of thinking that any individual is the solution to all problems.

Brycey

Juniors
Willow said:
Well Bennett must be one lucky fella. lol

Mind you, he had perhaps the biggest catchment area of players to choose from for quite a few of those years.

Of course I'm being devil's advocate. But I do think we should be wary of thinking that any individual is the solution to all problems.
Brad Fittler 1996 - present.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Relevance deluxe.

Perhaps we could start another thread for Freddy? ;-)

Slackboy72

Coach
I think Willow is setting himself up for when Bennett doesn't win us a comp he can blame Doust for sacking Brown.

Serb Dragon

Juniors
im totally for keeping brown on as assistant coach, loyalty should be rewarded not spat upon. im still dirty on the lance thompson affair :(

Latest posts