What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Bennett

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Slackboy72 said:
I think Willow is setting himself up for when Bennett doesn't win us a comp he can blame Doust for sacking Brown.
We need more mind readers. Heck knows how the world would survive otherwise.

Slackboy, can you read my thoughts now..? I'm thinking of a number between 1999 and 2008.

Serb Dragon said:
im totally for keeping brown on as assistant coach, loyalty should be rewarded not spat upon. im still dirty on the lance thompson affair :(

To a point, loyality should be rewarded when they offer success to the club.

Then ask the question.

Did Thompson do more for the dragons than Brown did?

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
LOYAL DRAGON said:
nathan brown wears his heart on his sleeve, i would like to see him stay on as an assistant coach for few years, i must say brown is the best junoir developer ive seen

you know what i mean then:crazy:

petetheileet

First Grade
Im pretty sure Brown will stay on...i dont find him as the type to be too proud to stay and i think he would be great as NYC coach!

Mr Saab

Referee
Slippery Morris said:
In 92 or 93 after the Grand Final, he was encouraging his boys to sing "Saints can't play" now he may be coaching them.

He then took Tallis and Mundine from the Dragons, parading the later with a cake and a Bronco's jersey on his birthday to rub it in our faces.

He left a bad taste in our mouths a few times in the past that is for sure.

My god, where do you come up with this crap?
Bennett would never encourage his players to sing anything of the sort! Langer was in another world (beer) in 1993 when he sang that!

He didnt take Tallis...he didnt even rate Tallis that highly (Tallis says so in his book)....but Tallis went to SL and Stg didnt.
Ditto for Mundine with SL.

Bad taste? Brown has given you onion breathe since 2003.

Gaba

First Grade
People should stop picking on Brownie, he got the plans and he is the only one who is executing them

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Gaba said:
People should stop picking on Brownie, he got the plans and he is the only one who is executing them
yeh your right, the way they give penaltys and droped balls his executing the allright:lol:

Big Mick

Referee
LOYAL DRAGON said:
read the paper this morning, bennets should announced with days and brwn to stay on in some form

My mail a few weeks back was Bennett head coach and Brown Assistant with a few senior players playing for their future.

Mr Saab said:
My god, where do you come up with this crap?
Bennett would never encourage his players to sing anything of the sort! Langer was in another world (beer) in 1993 when he sang that!

its a true story

bennett admitted making it up to fire up his team before the GF.

bennett would be the best coach saints have had since harry bath.

on results at the club brown shouldve been sacked years ago.

graham murray has been sacked at the cowboys and roosters with much better results.

brown is simply not capable of coaching saints to a comp.

Dave Q

Coach
Bennett spat the dummy when everyman and his dog found out he was going to Easts but now it seems that he couldnt care less.

I wonder why.

Southernsaint

Staff member
It's Alanis Morrisette style Ironic that it will take the appointment of Rugby League's oldest coach to give the club a breath of fresh air...

We've had some good coaches since the last Premiership - Masters, Waite - that couldn't go that extra step. I hope Bennett doesn't join them...

Wobbygong

First Grade
Hey Dave Q,

We are happy to take Bennett on board at the Dragons, the additional revenue and sponsorship he'll attract alone makes it a great move, let alone the fact he is a winner and will attract players to the club.

I think pan face taylor has been found out @ Souths, after three straight losses he's appears more inept than Brown, but they'll keep him regardless of how poor you go in 2008, because of the pay out involved.

Latest posts