What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach drama will make it tough for Eels: Morrison

Sterling

Juniors
Alot of us were calling for his head in lean times (ie 03/04) incliding myself however for some reason i feel quite sad that he is leaving us .......i hope the boys send him out in style

Agent Mulder

Bench
sixtynine said:
and jason taylor would be a great coach imo i would much rather him of hagan

I love JT as much as the next Parramatta fan, But how many 1st Grade comps has JT won? How many has Hagan won?

What Parramatta are doing is 100% right and im totally behind them, We need to bring someone here who has won a Grand Final, We haven't had a Grand Final winning coach since John Monie, 20 f**kING YEARS AGO!, Im sorry but Smith has more then a fair chance, I think alot of people jumped back on the Brain Smith bandwagon when we started winning games again, Smith should of won it this year, We had this year at our mercy, Our loss against North Queensland was the final nail in the coffin.

Smith is a great coach don't get me wrong, But its time for a breath of fresh air.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Agent Mulder said:
I love JT as much as the next Parramatta fan, But how many 1st Grade comps has JT won? How many has Hagan won?

What Parramatta are doing is 100% right and im totally behind them, We need to bring someone here who has won a Grand Final, We haven't had a Grand Final winning coach since John Monie, 20 f**kING YEARS AGO!, Im sorry but Smith has more then a fair chance, I think alot of people jumped back on the Brain Smith bandwagon when we started winning games again, Smith should of won it this year, We had this year at our mercy, Our loss against North Queensland was the final nail in the coffin.

Smith is a great coach don't get me wrong, But its time for a breath of fresh air.

Smith hasn't won any comps or coached Origin, but out of him and Hagan I'd take Brian 'Brain' Smith any day...

shiftysmith

Juniors
i really think we all need to take a look at the position our club is in at the moment...since smith has been at the club he has developed many talented players i dont need to name them,secondly the club has to be one of the most well run and professional clubs in the nrl,also more importantly then all the other points is he has the respect of his players.if smith was that bad of a coach why would players like marsh,mckinnon,grothe and robinson return back to the same club with the same club..yes i know he has been there for 10yrs but other then people wanting smith out, our club has not seen any unrest what so ever,but all of a sudden the club decides its time to move on and there has been more controversy in the last 3wks then there has been in the last 10yrs..i can not for the life of me believe that we can not retain smith at some capacity within the club.my biggest fear is that this change of coach could lead from becoming a premiership threat to being a club with no stability..just by the way hagan is not the answer,the answer is staring our club in the face,lets remember taylor has watched and learnt off smith and knows most importantly what the players need and want

fish eel

Immortal
I think its been handled reasonably well.

I'd rather December speculation as opposed to in June next year all the talk about will he or wont he stay

Stagger eel

Staff member
well, it just goes to show that you damned if you do and damned if you don't..you just can't please everyone.

Parra Guru

Coach
I think there would be some former players who dislike him, purely because of his team selections. I know people were talking about bench players not getting enough game time when it was unlimited interchange etc etc, but for ex players to come out and rubbish him in the media without putting their name to their comments is a little cowardly.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Ten News just said something about senior players meeting over the treatment of Brian Smith.

Sounds like Denis has stuffed up.

Morenito

Juniors
Some senior players have met with the players association about the treatment of Brian Smith at Parramatta.

Someone sack Denis the menace already!

sixtynine

Juniors
Morenito said:
Some senior players have met with the players association about the treatment of Brian Smith at Parramatta.

here here !...

Utey

Coach
Oh sh*t. I dont want players upset at this decision. It was always going to come.

eeladdick

Juniors
i agree with what you are saying ,but surley they could keep smithy there, say in charge of the juniors and running the offices and keep the stucture going that has been set over the last ten years and say put sharpie as assistant coach and d anderson as head coach i am sure we would be ok , a least we would still keep players at the club and be able to use smithys advice later down the track,i mean what other coaches out there have parra's best intrests at heart ,at least the metioned really care about the club and want the club to be succesful and not just take the job cause the club of thier choice doesn't want them.............

shiftysmith

Juniors
Morenito said:

my point exactly no problems for 10yrs and within a month we have this s**t going on,and yes the players have to be happy,if your not willing to play for your coach to a certain degree you will never be a premiership team

Eelementary

Post Whore
What "treatment" of Brian Smith?

Standing by him when the media was heavily torturing the man?

Come on guys!

Dennis and the board stood by him through thick and thin. Just because they decided not to extend his contract beyond 2006 does not mean he was treated badly.

I smell a rat...

Stagger eel

Staff member
I saw the story on 10, it was the most indepth 5 second story I've ever heard, unfortunately both News Limited or SMH haven't caught or maybe they see nothing in it..who knows??

Hellsy

Immortal
eelavation said:
I saw the story on 10, it was the most indepth 5 second story I've ever heard, unfortunately both News Limited or SMH haven't caught or maybe they see nothing in it..who knows??

and what did those magic 5secs tell you??

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hellsy said:
and what did those magic 5secs tell you??

basicaly what was said by El Diablo, nothing more nothing less...I did expect a story in the papers today, but i've found nothing.

Hellsy

Immortal
The News... wonderful and informative as always :loL: :lol:

Maybe the meeting is actually about supporting Brian through all this

Latest posts