What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Flanno

jak

Bench

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
Flanno putting pressure on the sombrero. His target most likely is Teddy. Which is what our young sIde needs IMO.
I 100% agree with this.

There was an interview at the start of the year with Flanno in Feb where he was asked which 3 players would you sign if you had a blank cheque book.

His answers were
1. Cleary (not gonna get him)
2. Grant (not gonna get him)
3. Teddy

I think he has a plan, I just don't fully see what it is yet

saintmar

Juniors

Will Manu come to the Dragons? I doubt it. Flanagan can try as hard as he likes but Manu is a Rooster for life I think. If we offer big money, he will still knock us back.
I have been dreaming about winning powerball and oz lotto for 20 plus years and that dream is more of a reality than Manu coming here.

Parko1310

Juniors
I have been dreaming about winning powerball and oz lotto for 20 plus years and that dream is more of a reality than Manu coming here.
The fact that Manu is hitting the open market rather than re-signing now tells me it's not outside of the realms of possibility for him to leave the roosters. I do think he will end up staying, but enough cash and the chance to play fullback may be lucrative. I don't think it's a happy camp at the roosters, Manu is pretty close to Sualii and I don't think certain members of the squad are happy with how the roosters have handled that situation. Others aren't happy with how Sualii has handled the situation, but I can guess what camp Manu is in.

If Manu wants to ever make the permanent transition to fullback, he won't get a shot at the Roosters until he's 30 odd and by then he's nearing the end of his career. If he wants to establish himself as one of, if not the best, fullback in the game he may have to leave before then. I don't think the Dragons will get him, but still it's not Lotto odds

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
It would be pretty unusual to pick up a decent player from the Roosters. They have bugger-all juniors so they target who they need from other clubs and only let them go when they're past their use-by date. If we get Manu or Tedesco, it will be because they're overdue for a leg amputation.

Paddles

Juniors
It would be pretty unusual to pick up a decent player from the Roosters. They have bugger-all juniors so they target who they need from other clubs and only let them go when they're past their use-by date. If we get Manu or Tedesco, it will be because they're overdue for a leg amputation.
This year, Tedesco has looked like a kind of speedy second rower trying to play like Tedesco. He's lost his youthful elusiveness, and hasn't evolved his game like ageing speedsters need to.

He's also a Roosters legend, who Politis will find a job with a big salary in the club or his business after football. If he left Easts, it would only be for his final couple of years for $1m+ when he's no longer a player of that calibre, before returning to Bondi to coach/whatever.

Latest posts