What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Flanno

TheRev

Coach
I am super excited about Novemeber but I'm also nervous there is bad news coming too.. so lets just hope we come out miles in front of the ledger... and don't forget every club still has the 10-day right of reply.

I'm not 100% sure Hunt will be gone in 2025 yet either... if we had a 'dolphin like' year, and he enjoyed being under Flanagan.. then who knows.. I know everyone wants him gone, but the best result for us right now is he plays out of his skin next year.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
It's his 1st day in the office today. We can now officially put in a sack Flanno post, lol.

It will probably be a quiet week for him to settle in, and next week will be when he gets the whips cracking I feel. He would be stoked being an NRL coach again. Something he probably thought he would never do a few years ago. I hope he really changes the club and makes the Dragons a force, because if he fails I am scared Saints will go back to putting in rookies or ex-players to coach after him and not another premiership winner. The fact he has been one of the few coaches to win a comp outside of Bellamy, Bennett, Robbo and Cleary has me feeling confident.

Dea

Juniors
Day 1 in the office and Flanno has a good piece in the media. He’s doing what he can to raise the impression of our club to a professional outfit, in the market for top shelf players, and with a team of committed and hardworking players willing to go the extra mile. I can’t help myself, I’m feeling positive and hopeful.

denis preston

First Grade
Day 1 in the office and Flanno has a good piece in the media. He’s doing what he can to raise the impression of our club to a professional outfit, in the market for top shelf players, and with a team of committed and hardworking players willing to go the extra mile. I can’t help myself, I’m feeling positive and hopeful.

Sounds like ( to me anyway) he is very shitty that Sloan got injured in a Micky mouse game & will now miss a lot of the hard sessions planned for him. Our target is definitely a fullback or some utility that can play it .

BLM01

First Grade
Sounds like ( to me anyway) he is very shitty that Sloan got injured in a Micky mouse game & will now miss a lot of the hard sessions planned for him. Our target is definitely a fullback or some utility that can play it .
Yep agree. The message is Sloan needs to get fed dinkum with everything both physical and mental if he wants to be a long term NRL player.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yep agree. The message is Sloan needs to get fed dinkum with everything both physical and mental if he wants to be a long term NRL player.
I reckon this is Sloan's "last" chance to impress as his contract ends at the Dragons at the end of 2024. Because Sloan has a lot going for him, Flanno really wanted to spend plenty of time developing him in several areas to make him more an asset rather than a liability. Flanno needed this preseason period to get him toughened up and unfortunately with his injuries, he may not get the amount of time to do it before the comp starts. Hopefully, Sloan recovers sooner rather than later and gets more time to develop the way Flanno wants him to. My 20 cents worth.

TheRev

Coach
Sharks still play 2016 esk footy. Looking forward to see what Flanno does. He has had plenty of time to think about it.
We very rarely have our opponents retreating.. which makes the attack 1000x easier.. most backlines looks a million dollars all of a sudden.. so I think Flanno will be limited by the fitness and effectiveness of our forward pack.

That said we had a few games this year where we were drowning in possession (granted it was usually against a set defence on their goal-line), and we didn't do anything with it.. we need to fix that, but we also need to catch those short dropouts.. cause to be fair we earnt quite a few dropouts.. only to end up handing the ball back, and its so deflating.

I
We very rarely have our opponents retreating.. which makes the attack 1000x easier.. most backlines looks a million dollars all of a sudden.. so I think Flanno will be limited by the fitness and effectiveness of our forward pack.

That said we had a few games this year where we were drowning in possession (granted it was usually against a set defence on their goal-line), and we didn't do anything with it.. we need to fix that, but we also need to catch those short dropouts.. cause to be fair we earnt quite a few dropouts.. only to end up handing the ball back, and its so deflating.
In the lack (at present) of any significant signings, It is the job of Flanno to get the squad supremely fit and develop as many players as he can. The aim should be to get the ream as competitive as he can.