What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Flanno

dannyt

Coach
Semantics mate. you clearly twisted his words to "didnt do harm" then extended that to it doesnt need moral approval. You clearly imply he did no harm. If you are going to post on a forum at least man up about what you are saying and dont try and twist and squeal your way out of it. Did he do harm?

I think a better word would be "accurate". Tragic what happened to Jon Mannah and his family, horrific and made worse by the fact that in the opinion of the Supreme Court of NSW, Danks and by extension those who employed him and oversaw him, accelerated that process. It is horribly tragic but because it is horribly tragic we should just forget it happened? Its not as if I serially and randomly dump photos of Jon Mannah all over the place, but in a discussion of whether the Flanagan regime "did any harm", you dont think its worth a consideration, especially in the aftermath of the Supreme Court decision?

Yep. Couldnt have put it better myself.

Glad we got there in the end. <snipped the part where you assuage your cognitive dissonance and guilt>.
This is my initial response to your post:

1686793665535.png
My thoughts on your ability to twist words:
1686793789777.png
My response:
-Of course he did harm. In my mind, this has never been in question. You butted in another discussion and managed to twist the words to suit your argument. Well done-refer to the hand clap. He did harm, was found guilty, he was punished by being banned for a period of time, and he served the punishment. Time to move on.
-You say "accurate", I say "inappropriate". This can be described as a difference of opinion.
-You say the court ruled on Dank and found him guilty, and therefore Flanagan is as culpable as Dank. I say the court ruled on Dank, not Flanagan, and therefore the culpabilities are different. Not zero for Flanagan, but different to Dank. The ruling authorities have deemed that Dank is banned for life while Flanagan can now coach, indicating they are of the opinion that the culpabilities are different. Again, we have a difference of opinion.
1686795593685.png

- Glad we agree on something.
-You can add the part about your belief that I'm assuaging my cognitive dissonance and guilt. I could do with another laugh. Actually, you don't need to bother because I can imagine what you will write.
1686793665535.png
Much better.

Attachments

• 1686793582975.png
    1686793582975.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1686793594291.png
    1686793594291.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Tiger5150

Bench
This is my initial response to your post:

View attachment 75583
My thoughts on your ability to twist words:
View attachment 75584
My response:
-Of course he did harm. In my mind, this has never been in question. You butted in another discussion and managed to twist the words to suit your argument. Well done-refer to the hand clap. He did harm, was found guilty, he was punished by being banned for a period of time, and he served the punishment. Time to move on.
-You say "accurate", I say "inappropriate". Difference of opinion.
-You say the court ruled on Dank and found him guilty, and therefore Flanagan is as culpable Dank. I say the court ruled on Dank, not Flanagan, and therefore the culpabilities are different. The ruling authorities have deemed that Dank is banned for life while Flanagan can now coach, indicating they are of the opinion that the capabilities are different. Difference of opinion.
View attachment 75586

- Glad we agree on something.
-Add the part about your belief that I'm assuaging my cognitive dissonance and guilt. I could do with another laugh. Actually, don't bother because I can imagine what you will write.
View attachment 75583
Much better.

As soon as the emoji's come out I know Im dealing with a superior intellect. The sheer volume of emojis in your posts tells me I better get out while the goings good. Not sure what you might pull out next.

dannyt

Coach
As soon as the emoji's come out I know Im dealing with a superior intellect. The sheer volume of emojis in your posts tells me I better get out while the goings good. Not sure what you might pull out next.
So concentrating on the emojis rather than the content of the post is your come back? Nice one.
You getting out? Thank the gods for small mercies.
My parting comment:
1686797745518.png

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If the Dogs are playing within the rules then why is it a "secret" meeting? His contract is up in 2025 so why can they talk to him from 1 Nov 2023? Saints need a winger, they should have a secret meeting with Addo-Carr and see if he is enjoying his time and if not to call the Saints. Actually would not mind a hooker, Mahoney may not be comfortable not playing finals footy for a couple of years, lets arrange a meeting to see how he is feeling and if he wants he can come to Saints. It is an absolute joke how it is so openly discussed with no consequences from the NRL of a team bending the rules.

Also apparently it took Saints ages to appoint a new coach when they sacked Hook? I'm sorry Hoops but I am pretty sure it took the Dogs just as much time to sign Ciraldo when they sacked Barrett if not longer. How is Ciraldo working out for them? Was that another Gould master stroke like the one he did at Penrith when he sacked Cleary and hired Hook?

TruSaint

Referee
Time to move on now.

As I said, He's wasn't my choice ( based purely on the offences debated above ).

However he has been punished, and lets not forget we signed a bloke who kicked a man to within inches of death, after his custodial sentence.

Only Flanno knows how deep he was involved and to what extent it affected others.

He didn't get off without major reputational and financial damage.

Hunt staying is not set in stone. Flanno appears to have been messed around by him from what he says in this interview; :mad:

''The question I did have for Ben Hunt - if I was lucky enough to get the coaching job, would you want to stay at the club, because there has been a lot of speculation that Ben Hunt wanted out, and I just wanted assurance that Ben Hunt would not [want to leave] if I got the job, and all of sudden Day 1 of my job I'm looking for a halfback,''

Last edited:

jay mac

Juniors
Time to move on now.

As I said, He's wasn't my choice ( based purely on the offences debated above ).

However he has been punished, and lets not forget we signed a bloke who kicked a man to within inches of death, after his custodial sentence.

Only Flanno knows how deep he was involved and to what extent it affected others.

I'm still surprised with the reaction to Flanagan's appointment considering how little fanfare there was when the Dogs signed a legitimate drug cheat in Bronson Xerri

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm still surprised with the reaction to Flanagan's appointment considering how little fanfare there was when the Dogs signed a legitimate drug cheat in Bronson Xerri
You can rest assured jay that the scribes who are anti Dragons will be death riding Flanagan.
Any minor incident will be made a major catastrophe by people like Hooper the Pooper and they can all disappear as far as I am concerned. They make a mountain out of a mole hill and still get things wrong - the useless cretins.

Illusion

Bench
Don't care either way , and you can't tell me the clubs that are on top and have been for a while ain't doing things that they shouldn't ? It's just that they haven't been caught, and are smart operators ...... It goes on in sports non stop to get the edge over teams opponents , what Flanno did was not good or smart , but as others have said he has done his time ...... IMO I don't care , if he can make a difference and set us up then , go for it ........

Shaun_Timmins

Juniors

Hunt staying is not set in stone. Flanno appears to have been messed around by him from what he says in this interview;

''The question I did have for Ben Hunt - if I was lucky enough to get the coaching job, would you want to stay at the club, because there has been a lot of speculation that Ben Hunt wanted out, and I just wanted assurance that Ben Hunt would not [want to leave] if I got the job, and all of sudden Day 1 of my job I'm looking for a halfback,''
You have completely misread that.
He is saying he didn't want to have to look for a halfback on day one, hence his conversation with Hunt.

justadragon

Bench

Hunt staying is not set in stone. Flanno appears to have been messed around by him from what he says in this interview; :mad:

Until I hear something out of Hunts mouth clarifying everything, its just crazy to think anything else. Apart from the fact that he is under contract and the Dragons would have to release him, apart from if he goes we should get a shitload of money in transfer fee., And most of all a bit of loyalty shown by one Mr B Hunt for all the millions he has already received from the Dragons, and we have won how many premierships ? and we sit where on the current Ladder ? and we also cant play him at 9 !!!!!

hewi

Bench
It doesn’t matter if we as supporters like to dislike Flanagan he has got the job so the way I see it get behind him and support the club or find another club. My attitude is he has done the time and has runs on the board far better choice than Young. As for Hunt release him and spend the money on other players and use Sullivan and Herring.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Time to move on now.

Packer has also changed from his dickhead ways (although you could say he robbed a lot of money from the Tigers). Proof that people can change even if they've done some f**ked things

HenryTatana

Juniors
You can rest assured jay that the scribes who are anti Dragons will be death riding Flanagan.
Any minor incident will be made a major catastrophe by people like Hooper the Pooper and they can all disappear as far as I am concerned. They make a mountain out of a mole hill and still get things wrong - the useless cretins.
Someone should remind Hooper that he has a criminal record. Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t he get busted for DUI.

blacksafake

First Grade
Time to move on now.

Post of the day Re this topic.