What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Flanno

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Reading article on Birds injuries, almost time for a medical retirement coming up..he struggles to train then has knee soreness post training.. he has had knee problems for a long time now….

I don't know how he'll be able to build a fitness base if it continues, he definitely won't be able to play 80mins. He might be resigned to a bench role for 30-40mins. He currently doesn't have the stamina for repeat efforts, especially defensively. A few of our players don't have that fitness which has lead to dumb penalties, missed & ineffective tackles.

Nanadragon

Juniors
Reading article on Birds injuries, almost time for a medical retirement coming up..he struggles to train then has knee soreness post training.. he has had knee problems for a long time now….
Bird suffers from an acute form of arthritis since childhood apparently. When he was a Dragons junior the club paid for his treatment. As soon as he developed into a good player he left for the Sharks.
His ability to play NRL at all is surprising because of this problem.

since77

Juniors
Bird suffers from an acute form of arthritis since childhood apparently. When he was a Dragons junior the club paid for his treatment. As soon as he developed into a good player he left for the Sharks.
Very true. It’s quite a debilitating condition at its worst. I work with a few very bad cases who are bedridden and literally crippled. For Jack to have played in the NRL is an achievement that many people underestimate.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
From memory he left for the sharks with those knee injuries…they won the comp in 2016!! That’s 7 years of managing the pain. Well done to him as he won a premiership ring as well… but he looked poor in defence on the weekend with limited lateral movement and agree his fitness seems to be starting to be impacted. Flanno might have to give him a tap on the shoulder…

blacksafake

First Grade
My dear old mother had the same & used to finish up in hospital a few times a year for cortisone treatment just to get her back on her feet.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Can we ask Manly for a favour?

FLANAGAN NOW.

You start to lose my respect as a coach, interim or otherwise, when you pick the wrong team each week. No imagination from Carr. Obviously not watching what we see every week.

I can't keep copping performances like this.

FLANNO NOW.
I'm sure Manly would let him go if he asked for it, he needs to show some initiative and leadership to come across now.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Incoming Coach Flanagan should have THE chat with Manly and ask to be released to join the Dragons asap
The sooner he is in place the better and then the blood letting should commence straight away
The state of the place is dire and Flanagan needs to have his feet behind the desk now
This Club and its fan base need some good news NOW inc possible player signings and the like
Players who are playing busted ie Sua and Lawrie should be rested
Disgruntled players shown the door
Players in NSW Cup given their opportunity over coming weeks
With the likes of Hunt Mbye and say Bird (likely) moving on the Club will be awash with funds to go and strike hard in the player market
HEY dont worry about contracts. they dont exist anymore ie the Hunt fiasco
The Club needs to nail and announce some premium signings as a matter of urgency to give the place an immediate lift
Where is the talk of Val Holmes coming from ? Fact or Fiction ?
If true act on it Now
We have now hit the cellar floor , only way is up , but there is a hell of a lot to do before we start climbing up
Flanagan must make the move now

56to66

Juniors
Incoming Coach Flanagan should have THE chat with Manly and ask to be released to join the Dragons asap
The sooner he is in place the better and then the blood letting should commence straight away
The state of the place is dire and Flanagan needs to have his feet behind the desk now
This Club and its fan base need some good news NOW inc possible player signings and the like
Players who are playing busted ie Sua and Lawrie should be rested
Disgruntled players shown the door
Players in NSW Cup given their opportunity over coming weeks
With the likes of Hunt Mbye and say Bird (likely) moving on the Club will be awash with funds to go and strike hard in the player market
HEY dont worry about contracts. they dont exist anymore ie the Hunt fiasco
The Club needs to nail and announce some premium signings as a matter of urgency to give the place an immediate lift
Where is the talk of Val Holmes coming from ? Fact or Fiction ?
If true act on it Now
We have now hit the cellar floor , only way is up , but there is a hell of a lot to do before we start climbing up
Flanagan must make the move now
I agree, we need Flanagan now, there are many great assistant coaches available for Manly, this season is completely over for us, he can at least help avoid the spoon and start getting 2024 in order.