What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Power Rankings preseason 2019

carcharias

Immortal
Bellamy gets nobodies and turns them into rep players.

Munster
Vunavilio ( spelling?)
Ado Carr

Storm will lose a top ten player and replace them with a rookie and the machine just still rolls on.

Bellamy is so far ahead it’s not funny.

Bronco18

Juniors

Munster
Vunavilio ( spelling?)
Ado Carr

Storm will lose a top ten player and replace them with a rookie and the machine just still rolls on.

Look as much as I agree, Munster and Ado-Carr were far from numtpies.

Munster was QCup player of the year before going to the Storm and Ado-Carr oozes natural talent.

Valheru

Coach
4 Micheal Maguire - The most impressive young coach in the game. Knows how to win a comp but what he can do with the Tigers lineup remains to be seen. The real judgement will be 2020-2021 when he's had time and a stronger hand in recruitment.

Robinson is 3 years younger than him

I do like your list though, not sure I Would have Ricky at 8, he has been awful lately although with the exception of Hasler it is hard to move any of the others up.

I would probably have Bellamy edging Robbo just for the longevity. The hate Robbo has received in this thread is boring and predictable. In January of 2013 our team was "bottom 4 certainties" and beginning of 2018 "we just didn't have the forward pack to compete" but apparently anyone could have coached those sides to a premiership.

carcharias

Immortal
Look as much as I agree, Munster and Ado-Carr were far from numtpies.

Munster was QCup player of the year before going to the Storm and Ado-Carr oozes natural talent.

Ado car got let go by two clubs first.

QLDers Cup = a nobody .

adamkungl

Immortal
I thought the same... and then you look at the remaining coaches and it seems fair enough.

Thats the thing hey.
I could see Des above him, but none of the others. The best achievement from 10 down is bombing out in week 2 of the finals. At least Stick has a run on the board.

Tommy Smith

Referee

Munster
Vunavilio ( spelling?)
Ado Carr

Lol Munster a nobody.

A great player is a great player and he would have succeeded at any club.

Exactly like saying,

"Trent Robinson turned nobodies like Latrell Mitchell and Roger Tuivasa Sheck into rep players".

"Anthony Griffin turned those nobodies Billy Kikau and Nathan Cleary into absolute guns!"

adamkungl

Immortal
Ado car got let go by two clubs first.

QLDers Cup = a nobody .

Bellamy's been doing it for longer, obviously.
but Radley, Latrell, Manu are all outstanding young players Robinson has brought through in the last 2 years
and even Napa has played Origin

Seriously though there's surely more interesting debates in that list than Bellamy vs Robinson

carcharias

Immortal
Geeze roosters fans can get all uppity.
Robinson is not on the same level as Bellamy.

It’s a fact.

adamkungl

Immortal
I would probably have Bellamy edging Robbo just for the longevity. The hate Robbo has received in this thread is boring and predictable

If it wasn't for Roosters hate taking precedence everyone would be bagging Bellamy for cheating and only winning coz he had 3 of the GOATs

gerg

Juniors
Ricky in the top 8? Get f**ked Albert

Ricky deserves places 1 to 4 here, daylight, then the rest are making up the numbers. The guy is a genius and watches more football, more closely than anybody else in the game. Haters gonna hate I guess ?

carcharias

Immortal
If it wasn't for Roosters hate taking precedence everyone would be bagging Bellamy for cheating and only winning coz he had 3 of the GOATs

You do know he actually coached the big 3 their entire first grade careers.
Robo had to pinch one of them and the tigers best player on top.

Valheru

Coach
Geeze roosters fans can get all uppity.
Robinson is not on the same level as Bellamy.

It’s a fact.

That's not a fact, that's an opinion.

Robbo does have more premierships after 6 years than Bellamy did (even if you allow the ones taken off him)

I would have Bellamy on top though purely because of longevity.

To suggest Robbo has had more talent to work with than Bellamy is utterly ridiculous. Bellamy had 4 of the best ever on his books (3 for the entirety of his coaching career except for 2018) plus guys like Folau, Munster, Hoffman, Turner, King, Johnson, Crocker, Chambers, White, Tolman and the list goes on.

Bellamy certainly has regenerated his team when they have lost players, that cannot be refuted but it remains to be seen if the influence of the big 3 had more to do with that than his coaching. That test for Bellamy starts this year and will continue once Smith finally hangs them up.

This Year?

Immortal
Even with all of his faults, I'd still take Mary over Sticky.

Mary can't seem to improve players, but at least he doesn't recruit players with potential and turn them into dribbling idiots.
Imagine the textas Ricky would get if he was Saints coach LOL. I wonder if Raiders fans would prefer to be straight shooting or hurtin' in the sheds. Funnily enough, I think Ricky would do better with our squad than Mary.

carcharias

Immortal
That's not a fact, that's an opinion.

Robbo does have more premierships after 6 years than Bellamy did (even if you allow the ones taken off him)

I would have Bellamy on top though purely because of longevity.

To suggest Robbo has had more talent to work with than Bellamy is utterly ridiculous. Bellamy had 4 of the best ever on his books (3 for the entirety of his coaching career except for 2018) plus guys like Folau, Munster, Hoffman, Turner, King, Johnson, Crocker, Chambers, White, Tolman and the list goes on.

Bellamy certainly has regenerated his team when they have lost players, that cannot be refuted but it remains to be seen if the influence of the big 3 had more to do with that than his coaching. That test for Bellamy starts this year and will continue once Smith finally hangs them up.

So you agree
Bellamy is number 1
Only an idiot would suggest otherwise.

typicalfan

Coach
Lol Munster a nobody.

A great player is a great player and he would have succeeded at any club.

Exactly like saying,

"Trent Robinson turned nobodies like Latrell Mitchell and Roger Tuivasa Sheck into rep players".

"Anthony Griffin turned those nobodies Billy Kikau and Nathan Cleary into absolute guns!"
I would dare say no other club would have even tried to play Cronk at 7. It is not that simple.