What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching preference for 2024

What are you hoping for in our next coaching appointment?

• Rookie Coach

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Premiership Winning Coach

Votes: 105 72.4%
  • NRL Experience coach with no Premiership wins

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Coach from Overseas

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Extend Current coach

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

Phantom V

Juniors
Just listened to an interview with McCullough SEN and when asked about who he thinks should be coaching he nominated Hannay. I know he’s a fellow Queenslander but if we were to go down the path of a rookie coach, he’d be my pick as well.

He said that Hannay is methodical and has a good reputation amongst the players which could come in handy for recruitment as I’d imagine they would be a better standard of player than what Hook was attracting.

He also mentioned Hornby as a potential coach but balked at Young, interesting. I just hope our d$&khead board members aren’t rushing into making a decision that we’re all gonna regret as we have in the past. Who knows with this mob.

Dragon David

First Grade
Just listened to an interview with McCullough SEN and when asked about who he thinks should be coaching he nominated Hannay. I know he’s a fellow Queenslander but if we were to go down the path of a rookie coach, he’d be my pick as well.

He said that Hannay is methodical and has a good reputation amongst the players which could come in handy for recruitment as I’d imagine they would be a better standard of player than what Hook was attracting.

He also mentioned Hornby as a potential coach but balked at Young, interesting. I just hope our d$&khead board members aren’t rushing into making a decision that we’re all gonna regret as we have in the past. Who knows with this mob.
The Board members need to really "think long and hard before do" - an old Chinese saying.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
And here seems to be a new issue.
because of (let’s say) a catalog of past mistakes/ misfortunes they are apprehensive to make a decision because if it is wrong - we’ll.

it’s all about saying their arses and coming out shiny.

Phantom V

Juniors
The Board members need to really "think long and hard before do" - an old Chinese saying.
100%. I’d rather them take another month if that means getting the right people on board. I mentioned Hannay as the pick of the bunch for ‘ rookies’ but in our situation Flannigan 1st choice. The players need direction and a leader and I think he ticks those boxes for mine.

SEAT 1A

Bench

SAP58

Juniors
Thanks for posting this Coffs at last some tough questions asked especially the Flanagan & Doust questions.