What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching preference for 2024

What are you hoping for in our next coaching appointment?

• Rookie Coach

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Premiership Winning Coach

Votes: 105 72.4%
  • NRL Experience coach with no Premiership wins

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Coach from Overseas

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Extend Current coach

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters
Burt Lancaster seems to be just another suit on the board.

As a Win executive his experience seems to be smooching about with advertisers and paying hard working people as little as humanly possible and get away with it.

Certainly someone who is more familiar with the breakfast menu of the Ritz Carlton than the prices of a coke and a stale sausage roll at Kogarah Jubilee.

I don’t want to alarm or upset anyone, but it’s kind of getting to the stage where Doust appears to be the best qualified person on the board. From the outside anyways. I know he’s less popular than Satan to some.

There’s Creagh, but he’s an obvious choice and he’s not under scrutiny. Not by me at least.

Last edited:

Mojo

Bench
Burt Lancaster seems to be just another suit on the board.

As a Win executive his experience seems to be smooching about with advertisers and paying hard working people as little as humanly possible and get away with it.

Certainly someone who is more familiar with the breakfast menu of the Ritz Carlton than the prices of a coke and a stale sausage roll at Kogarah Jubilee.

I don’t want to alarm or upset anyone, but it’s kind of getting to the stage where Doust appears to be the best qualified person on the board. From the outside anyways. I know he’s less popular than Satan to some.

There’s Creagh, but he’s an obvious choice and he’s not under scrutiny. Not by me at least.
Satan has always been popular; clever too. He / she has the right skills set for the Chair spot; knows how to achieve consensus.

hewi

Bench
Some times you need to reflect on things to get perspective. No two ways the footie gods are been kind to us ATM. We have lost what is it 6 games by under 6 points. Yesterday we were IMO dudded by a crap call, Lomax can’t kick to save himself but if he could Hook might still be there. We will probably get the spoon. You have to reach rock bottom to start the recovery and I think that’s what the footie gods are telling the boofheads on the board. Look what you have allowed this mighty club to become, pull your finger out, get professional and put it back on the track to winning ways.

RedVee_8

Juniors

Have to agree we need a premiership winning coach who has runs on the board. My choice would be Hasler then Flanagan.
Interesting in that article it mentions board members that were cold on Flanno coming around. Plural. Up to now the narrative has been that it’s just been Doust against him.

Victoire

Juniors
James Hooper has been saying all a long, it was only Peter Doust who didn't want Flanagan, creating friction among the BOD.
Ah James Hooper. The guy who published this 2 days before Ryles signed with Melbourne:

St George Illawarra are on the verge of announcing ex-NSW and Australian forward Jason Ryles as the Red V new head coach until the end of 2027.

Master negotiator agent George Mimis is in the final stages of ensuring Ryles will be parachuted into the St George Illawarra set-up for the remainder of this year.

Ryan Carr will remain in his role as caretaker NRL coach for the duration of this season while Ryles begins the process of setting up the correct foundations for the Red V to begin to rejuvenate.

Negotiations have progressed to the point of the Dragons agreeing to give Ryles the head coaching role until the end of 2027 with only some minor details around key appointments still to be resolved.

Ah James Hooper. The guy who published this 2 days before Ryles signed with Melbourne:

St George Illawarra are on the verge of announcing ex-NSW and Australian forward Jason Ryles as the Red V new head coach until the end of 2027.

Master negotiator agent George Mimis is in the final stages of ensuring Ryles will be parachuted into the St George Illawarra set-up for the remainder of this year.

Ryan Carr will remain in his role as caretaker NRL coach for the duration of this season while Ryles begins the process of setting up the correct foundations for the Red V to begin to rejuvenate.

Negotiations have progressed to the point of the Dragons agreeing to give Ryles the head coaching role until the end of 2027 with only some minor details around key appointments still to be resolved.

Hoops is a knucklehead.

Mojo

Bench
James Hooper has been saying all a long, it was only Peter Doust who didn't want Flanagan, creating friction among the BOD.
Yes, I understood the point. Still wouldn't surprise me if the writer sees double much of the time. A double dose of Doust.

Mojo

Bench

One person's minor is another person's major.

Latest posts