What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody Ramsey

Spazer

Juniors
Same. I'd have Saab and Ramsey as our wingers for this year, Saab is tall and has a good fend and Ramsey looks hard to tackle, would be useful on kick returns too.

Rav is good and is probably our strongest runner but does too many stupid things. Periera is a solid backup.

possm

Coach
Think you maybe being a bit harsh on Lafai. He was a very good centre while he was with at the Bulldogs but he came to us with a busted leg and he has played on one and a half legs ever since. And playing him still not halfway fit at the end of last season was stupid. He is no longer a first grade centre but he is not responsible for picking himself week after week. Aitken has always possessed the physical ability to be a good first grader but he appears not to have any positional or defensive sense. He simply doesn’t learn......neither does Mary.
So why would SGI buy Lafai with an injury that limits his capacity to play at his full potential and more the point, why extend him long term knowing this?

Dragonsamy

Bench
So what do they do in the off-season? Don't they notice the observations you mention? Maybe it is a bit early and he will show the results of his sprint training at seasons start.

Also Possm he had a bad foot injury and couldn't training for quite a few weeks Saab will improve

giboz71

First Grade
Rava is a worry. His control of the ball is poor and he makes serious mistakes every time he plays. I hope he is not played too often.

Rava could be ok. He’s no different to other Fijian players learning the nuances of the game. Radrara, Sivo, Vunivalu.

He just hasn’t developed his skills or smarts under our coaches. Eto Nabuli suffered the same fate.

LINESPEED

Juniors
They are all starting to move closer to the top 17 the likes of young Ramsey

Lomax, Saab, Ford, Kerr and Rava will in my opinion get a fair bit of time in FG this year

Thats 5 of our top 17 players who havent played much FG but will now feature

As for Ramsay I think he is seriously exciting but he Fegai twins and Sullivan will ply their trade in lower grades just now and let see half way thru the season

That could work out to our longterm advantage - as Aitken & Lafai can lose us the first 7 games, then the young ones can take over under Shep

TruSaint

Referee
84649851_2762048337218418_3300450752274628608_n.jpg

LINESPEED

Juniors
As for Ramsay I think he is seriously exciting but he Fegai twins and Sullivan will ply their trade in lower grades just now and let see half way thru the season

Cody Ramsey's recovering well after having shoulder surgery in March
Local Sport
r108_744_2939_2482_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

PROMISING PROSPECT: Former Orange CYMS and Manildra Rhinos livewire Cody Ramsey is eight weeks removed from shoulder surgery. Photo: SYLVIA LIBER.

“St George Illawarra young-gun Cody Ramsey is eight weeks removed from shoulder surgery that's set to sideline the Molong product for a further two months.

Dragons' Head of Athletic Performance Nathan Pickworth said everything's on track for Ramsey and he's trending in the right direction.”

I’d love to see some of our young guns get NRL time this year, although no CC is a bummer

Our future looks bright with the right coach:
DEVELOPMENT SQUAD: Mathew Feagai, Max Feagai, Hayden Lomax, Cody Ramsey, Shaun Sauni-Esau, Jayden Sullivan.

denis preston

First Grade
Cody Ramsey's recovering well after having shoulder surgery in March
Local Sport
r108_744_2939_2482_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

PROMISING PROSPECT: Former Orange CYMS and Manildra Rhinos livewire Cody Ramsey is eight weeks removed from shoulder surgery. Photo: SYLVIA LIBER.

“St George Illawarra young-gun Cody Ramsey is eight weeks removed from shoulder surgery that's set to sideline the Molong product for a further two months.

Dragons' Head of Athletic Performance Nathan Pickworth said everything's on track for Ramsey and he's trending in the right direction.”

I’d love to see some of our young guns get NRL time this year, although no CC is a bummer

Our future looks bright with the right coach:
DEVELOPMENT SQUAD: Mathew Feagai, Max Feagai, Hayden Lomax, Cody Ramsey, Shaun Sauni-Esau, Jayden Sullivan.

4 of them are outside backs, just what we need.What plans do we have for these players knowing that their oppotunities in the NRL will be limited due to the present coach's unwillingness to promote, mentor & persevere with youth.

LINESPEED

Juniors
4 of them are outside backs, just what we need.What plans do we have for these players knowing that their oppotunities in the NRL will be limited due to the present coach's unwillingness to promote, mentor & persevere with youth.

If Tyson hangs in there for 2020 I think our forwards can hold their own
..... & if we lose a few on the trot because dumbasses Aitken & Lafai are reselected,
..... then following their permanent sacking,
I reckon a new coach, along with
Clune & a rejigged backline could see us having a long shot crack at the 8

Having to go 0-7 to knock some sense into The Board will hamper our prospects.

But I’ll be excited to see Ramsay & some well coached young guns flexing their talent at the back end of the season