What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coffin Gnail Gnumber 1

Dread

Juniors
Dykes looked dangerous and his combination with Noddy did not seem to be an issue.

However, agree on the kicks. Everyone who was involved in the kicking game was atrocious - Noddy, Dykes, Kingston, anyone else I missed?

De Gois looked pretty sharp at dummy half; I think his time is coming soon.

Kearney was a bit wobbly at the back but offered lots in attack.

Anderson... what a run! Haven't seen a try like that since 2002, I think.

Not willing to crucify Bird. His pass was idiotic - yes - but otherwise he looked very sharp in both attack and defence. One arm grabbing attempt on Campbell at the death... but Campbell wasn't his man anyway.

Some very costly errors but you could see structure and intent in most of the plays... which is something you couldn't say about the last few seasons. Shattered we lost, but it's still early days and I'm not reaching for the razors yet.

Quigs

Immortal
The only good point about tonights game was the fact that I went to the local pub to watch it. Imagine how pissed off I would of been if I had to pay my own money to watch Fox in my house.

We were sh*tenziehouse.... total crap.

Watching Prince, then watching our clowns....

No Ive had a rethink and I blame George Roper.... Its all Georges fault.

core we were laughable. At least our odds have blown right out again. No premature talk of winning our first title this early in the year.

Ahhhh 39.... 40..... 41 ....

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88 and Fat Controller
Quigs

Sharks7

Juniors
Does anyone see alot of similarities in Stapleton and Galloway? Stapleton did it tonight and Galloway did it when he was here... They'd both charge up to the line and then stop at the defenders. They don't try and run over the top of defenders like Rossy and Thomo etc. do.

Just my opinion anyway :?

Snoop Shark

First Grade
On the positive side, De Gois tackles good for a little fella! Put Bailey on his ar$e with no help!

Southern Shark

Juniors
DeGois - Great promise
ANDERSEN - Likewise
Backline is defensively sound
STAPLETON adds to the pack
WILLIAMS had his best game for us
Need Souths to go off the boil for a Rabbit Stew.

The Shire

Juniors
wittyfan said:
Bird is a f**kwit. Always has been a f**kwit. Always will be a f**kwit.

Nothing's changed from last year.

*opens packet of razors*

nah i cant take it anymore!
look bird was one of our best tonight he always busts tackles and played well without gallen. just because he made one errors (not the only one).

Look if ya got some problem with the way he acts off field which really isnt that bad dont take it out and try and twist that he played a bad game when he didnt ffs.

plus just because we lost everyone is goin nuts already. Im not a powder puff and im not gonna sugar coat the fact we lost but Titans had a big game and we were leading for most of the match so everyone should settle down if we loss next week thats when the punches should be thrown.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
The Shire said:
nah i cant take it anymore!
look bird was one of our best tonight he always busts tackles and played well without gallen. just because he made one errors (not the only one).

Look if ya got some problem with the way he acts off field which really isnt that bad dont take it out and try and twist that he played a bad game when he didnt ffs.

plus just because we lost everyone is goin nuts already. Im not a powder puff and im not gonna sugar coat the fact we lost but Titans had a big game and we were leading for most of the match so everyone should settle down if we loss next week thats when the punches should be thrown.

Im spewing coz we gave up a 10 point lead! Fu**n joke! We could of shut them out of the game from that 2nd last scrum when we were in control of the game!

Sharks7

Juniors
Does anyone have a clue what Dykes was trying on first tackle from the scrum where he kicked on our own 10 :?

Obviously he was trying to use the breeze to his advantage but surely that wasn't the time.

Feej

First Grade
The Shire said:

Agree, but being realistic, I didn't have any high hopes for this year. New coach, new defensive patterns, trying to play a bit deeper etc.

I'm dissapointed too, but lets not all go off and start getting all emo over this.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Sharks7 said:
Does anyone have a clue what Dykes was trying on first tackle from the scrum where he kicked on our own 10 :?

Obviously he was trying to use the breeze to his advantage but surely that wasn't the time.

Presto was in the defensive line but it looked like dykes was aiming for covell's wing with the kick! f**k** if i know why!

Stonecutter

First Grade
Kearney broke 7 tackles. 16 runs 163 metres and some great 1on1 tackles.

David who????? The only player in our backline at risk of losing their spot to simmo was Anderson who played awesome aswell.

Feej

First Grade
samshark said:
What about the difference between the two halfbacks.
Prince is light years ahead of Kimorley
Yep, he played the better game, but geez it's getting a bit boring coming in here after *every* loss to see everyone blaming Kimorley. If you're gonna blame him, you need to look at the other guy as well, and I thought Dykes was pretty average as well tonight.

samshark

Juniors
Feej said:
Yep, he played the better game, but geez it's getting a bit boring coming in here after *every* loss to see everyone blaming Kimorley. If you're gonna blame him, you need to look at the other guy as well, and I thought Dykes was pretty average as well tonight.

Your right and I am not blaming him for the loss. I am simply stating the difference between the pair. Watching Prince and then watching Kimorley, its like watching a second rower playing halfback.

Feej

First Grade
samshark said:
Your right and I am not blaming him for the loss. I am simply stating the difference between the pair. Watching Prince and then watching Kimorley, its like watching a second rower playing halfback.
Biggest diff is one of them plays the modern game well and the other is still struggling to get out of the straight jacket a certain coach put him in years ago.

Latest posts