What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Col thread?

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
If it ever come to the day where Ricky Stuart had any say over the Jets then I think that would be to much! If only Gus was still coach at easts! imagine that, another old Jet.......

Jeffles

Bench
Fanny Batter said:
but rickys influence wood b the same as stuart raper last yr and whoever cach auckland in 2000.its a feeder club.

What little I can read of that is correct. Ricky Stuart in 2006 is comparable to Stuart Raper in 2005.

Bluebag

Juniors
Fanny,

Firstly show me where on Rabbitohs.com I bagged them for censorship, it never happened. The club hasmade announcements based on confirmation not rumours as you would like.Fans are free to contribute towards the continued growth of the club and new members continue to sign up many of whom do not know Col or anyone else but rather the atmosphere created at games.
Despite your protestations about the club please remember we are run by volunteers and have only 2 paid staff and our media and other efforts get more positive publicity than many other clubs some of whom only bring up the central coast issue which is dead and buried not the current team.

We would welcome you to make your contributions towards the club and look forward to seeing you at Henson each and every home game at 9am and leaving at 7pm or is that too much. Unfortunately the way of the world is that while we are with and NRL club they need to have greater contact with their PL coach and a contributing factor is Col also has another job and has already refused to coach fulltime as this is a pretty good job and hence cannot give what the NRL coach requires.

It is easy to criticise but harder to contribute.

Fanny Batter

Juniors
loos lips sink ships blubag many people hav told me that u r mates with botak and u agree with his cause.1 thing that botak doesnt like is sensoring forums wen criticism is made.its obvious u dont like criticism urself.

im not havin a go at vulunteers as u no i no jeffles and hph and they neva stop defending the club and the work they do.wot i am sayin is that u hav to be more in tune with the audieance.its all well and good 2 say "but we r only run by volunteers" its another thing to say "we will do the best we can with our resources".keepin the public informed doesnt cost money.it also doesnt cost money to leave a forum thread as it is.so dont giv me the volunteer excuse.

my original point that u cannot accept freedom of speech on the jets forum is still right becoz u havent explained y u deleted the posts b4.u and bumpergd must be 1 and the same u hav no independent thoyught.

read wot i wrote b4.im not surprsied that col had 2 go and i still like the jets (2nd 2 my bears).im sayin that the club could handle it betta.volunteers and 2 paid staff is no excuse.u all hav brains and common sense.u gotta use it

Bluebag

Juniors
W don't make announcements though unless it is official and when things have been signed off we do it. Not based on dealing with rumours that float around all the time who does unless it is a kneejerk reaction.

Maybe what is needed is to keep the general population informed of what is happening within the Jets, without it turning into a "bag-fest" saying one person does more for the club than another or someone is a better fan etc.
Not sure how this would be done... Just a suggestion.

Fanny Batter

Juniors
Press Release

Recently, reports have emerged in the Sydney Morning Herald that the Newtown Jets will be forming a JV with the Sydney Roosters next year. NSWRL approval is pending and at this stage, Newtown RLFC are in no further position to comment. We are committed to the rest of the 2005 season with current partners Cronulla- Sutherland Sharks

-----

that toook me 2 minutes blubag and gave nuthin away that wasnt already known.u dropped the bal wif that 1.that was hardly reporting rumours

Bluebag

Juniors
What other club or company makes press releases saying what they are doing, If you are on the ASX and negotiating with other companies for takeovers then fair enuff but you dont make announcements for the sake of making them.Especially when nothing is confirmed and talks are just that, talks and making things public before confirmation tends to ruin things.

We are not going to make announcements for the sake of making them but when things are confirmed and then we are happy to advise all relevant parties.

koslecki

Juniors
i think the problem is that roosters had already made the announcement re the joint venture and then there was nothing from newtown.

Most people would like to be kept informed on major issues and not hear it from another club. I tend to agree.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Me little old "Col thread" has 70 replies and 1,143 views, not bad for a "Blow In" I suppose,,generated a bit of interest in the club yes/no?

mono_mal

Juniors
Has the Jets JBC Coach yet been confirmed for the 2006 season?
And also does anyone know where Col intends to be coaching in 2006?

hrundi99

First Grade
Fanny Batter said:
Press Release

Recently, reports have emerged in the Sydney Morning Herald that the Newtown Jets will be forming a JV with the Sydney Roosters next year. NSWRL approval is pending and at this stage, Newtown RLFC are in no further position to comment. We are committed to the rest of the 2005 season with current partners Cronulla- Sutherland Sharks

-----

that toook me 2 minutes blubag and gave nuthin away that wasnt already known.u dropped the bal wif that 1.that was hardly reporting rumours

I don't think your spellcheck is working... :?

Bluebag

Juniors
Fanny, may I say how many clubs make those type of statements it is the Seinfeld release, a release about nothing. Why would you bother making a statement about saying nothing.

Mal the appointment should well be Greg Matterson again.

Fanny Batter

Juniors
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=116301

Hardly nothing.this thread, sparked by the herald reports and this roosters report http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/latestnews.php?ArticleID=1431

as well as pickings on the sharks forum (indicating theyd been told already) all showed that thew club had sumthin 2 respond 2.

so they werent 'just talks' as u put it.the deal had been done.it took the jets a further 3 weeks 2 say anythin.im not talkin about an annoucnement 4 the sake of it. clearly there was news there but the jets sat on it.

u never disagree with anythin the club does. this means i hav a theory about u bluebag.either u run the whole show at newtown or u are an apologist with no independent thought of your own who has blind faith. i dont think its the first 1.if bumpergd says jump u say 'how high'

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
The only thing that ever crapped me was the pre finals annnouncement that cronulla was over and the tricolours were the new go,,i thought that could have waited, but this is only the observation of someone far removed from the epicentre of descision! forgive my spelling as I'm on the turps ##%%^^^

How can you expect the cronulla boys to play their best with full knowledge they would be playing against the Jets in the following year. What problem would've arose if nobody had said anything until after the end of the finals series?

Latest posts