What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commentary during the Olympics?

Big Sam

First Grade
Felt a bit weird hearing Sterlo initially as a main commentator but he did a great job. Very knowledgable and none of that BS banter between Ravs and Gus.

drago brelli

Bench
Channel nine have shown to all of us how good the footy call can be now that Hadley and 'Rabs' are in London. Along side Stirling Gould is less distracted and more serious about that game. I hope the Olympics goes for 6 years.

Bananabender

Juniors
What about Vossy? Is he over at the Olympics or can he climb back the ladder too while the others are away? Vossy deserves his A Grade spot.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Felt a bit weird hearing Sterlo initially as a main commentator but he did a great job. Very knowledgable and none of that BS banter between Ravs and Gus.

The best part about Sterlo is that at no point does he take you out of the game by going on about some inane shit like Rabs or Hadley does.

Sterlo was pretty good, I thought Gus could have talked a little more, it sounded like Sterlo's voice was struggling a bit at times.

edabomb

First Grade
I heard Raymond commentating Olympic boxing - does this mean Braybrook will be back when there are three games on Saturday?

Edit: Raymond is commentating - must have been Olympic qualifying they had on the Olympic channel.

Last edited:

Mr Twig

Looks like Vossy is calling tonight.

I haven't heard him call the Olympic weightlifting. Was he ever going to the Olympics? According to his Twitter it was a "late change" .

GongPanther

Referee
Anyone notice Rebecca Wilson doing the Swimming coverage with Hadley and Susie O'Neil?

Seems to know her info in regards to Swimming.

But then again,all commentators of all sports have monitors in front of them with a team of stat people behind the scenes feeding at hand information that makes them sound even more so knowledgeable at the drop of the hat.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Whoever runs channel 9 is stoopid. Their 3rd string commentators are much much much better than their 1st and 2nd string combined.

Latest posts