What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commentary during the Olympics?

I thought Sterlo was terrible.

Couldn't they get Graeme Hughes or someone with some actual experience in?

Let Sterlo stick to being an analyst.

saint pebba

First Grade
I enjoyed Sterlo's call as well. What I can't cop from this station however, is the continual cross promotion of all other Nine products they've obviously paid shitloads for and want to ram them down our throats.

Watching a play from the kick off, to then hear some shit about, The Voice, The Block, The Olympics - all 'Exclusively' on Nine, is bowel erupting at its fecal best.

I really hope Nine lose NRL broadcasting to another channel that respects rugby league more than cricket.

Will happen no matter who has the next rights. Just look at the Channel 7 coverage of the australian open tennis.

The bottom line is that it is their station and can advertise whatever they want, whenever they want.

Big Pete

Referee
Yes, Vossy has covered a couple of Sunday games and one or two FNF matches - but for the majority of 2012 he's been the chief caller on Sunday's 2:10pm Ch 9 QRL match.

If you're saying he's not, then he's been lying via Twitter ALL year.

I don't need Twitter to know he generally covers the Qld Cup game.

Just like I don't need it to know he's also been called in when Rabs or Hadley are otherwise unavailable. Which is why it was odd to hear Sterlo play the lead role in Vossy's absence.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You said "no he hasn't" which looked like it was a reply to me saying Vossy has been doing QLD Cup all season...

I'm telling you he has. I think our wires have crossed somewhere.

whall15

Coach
Bump, any idea on tonight's commentary?

Guessing Sterlo for the NSW game, Voss for the Qld game?

EDIT: Voss' twitter says he's calling the Qld game.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
I reckon Dan Ginnane does a good job for triple m (in spite of Andrew Johns' constant interruptions) ... Wouldn't mind seeing him signed up by whoever gets the rights

Suitman

Post Whore
I reckon Dan Ginnane does a good job for triple m (in spite of Andrew Johns' constant interruptions) ... Wouldn't mind seeing him signed up by whoever gets the rights

Dan Ginnane is excellent.
He confirmed earlier on MMM that Sterlo will indeed be calling the Dragons game.

Suity

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Strange to hear a game on Nine where the commentator knew who and what he was talking about. Well done Sterlo.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Gus Gould goes on about things too long, the games progresses and he's still chatting about some 50/50 call from 5mins ago and what he thought happened

Latest posts