What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commentary during the Olympics?

whall15

Coach
You can't get there in three week by boat. It's probably so all the sedatives wear off.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
How cool would it be if Alan Thomas got a gig, just for the trip down memory lane.

Even better if Larry Olsen joined him.

ozbash

Referee
Jason Costigan and Graeme Hughes are making returns.

Graham Lowe is rumoured to be considering making a cameo...

Danish

Referee
You can't get there in three week by boat. It's probably so all the sedatives wear off.

I'd say he is taking 6-7 short flights with multiple day stopovers in between to make it bearable e.g. Sydney to Darwin, Darwin to Indonesia, indoniesia to Thailand etc etc till he gets there.

Burwood

Bench
Surprised 9 haven't enlisted the service of Billy Birmingham to just impersonate every member of the football commentary team.

Feej

First Grade
Should be Fittler - Would be finally worth listening to...:sarcasm:

Kenny

Juniors
Should be Fittler - Would be finally worth listening to...:sarcasm:

A joint commentary team of Freddie and joey Johns would be highly entertaining with perhaps mark geyer providing "expert" commentary. I'd need subtitles though for that team.

Mr Twig

Voss isn't going to the Olympics, he will be commentating from Sydney

Voss must have really pissed off the bosses at Nine. Demoted from reserve to 2nd reserve caller, dumped from The Footy Show, The Sunday Roast and now the Olympics.

Voss might continue to be third string in the current commentary lineup

1) Peter Sterling
2) Anthony Maroon (GIO Cup caller)
3) Alan Thomas (Queensland caller?)
4) Andrew Voss (fill in?)

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Really enjoyed Sterlo's call today. He felt very natural at it and the only thing I could ping him on was a tendency to call players by their full names.

In fact I enjoyed it so much I'd be more than happy for Rabs & Hadley to take a permanent vacation.

gypsy

Bench
Well the report card is in for Sterlo. He needs to watch the upward inflections, he made me very aware I was listening to commentary rather than being fully absorbed by Rabs soothing tones. Overall a solid call, a little bit Ray Hadley at times with the explaining each little detail, but he'll learn from that.

B-

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Voss must have really pissed off the bosses at Nine. Demoted from reserve to 2nd reserve caller, dumped from The Footy Show, The Sunday Roast and now the Olympics.

Voss might continue to be third string in the current commentary lineup

1) Peter Sterling
2) Anthony Maroon (GIO Cup caller)
3) Alan Thomas (Queensland caller?)
4) Andrew Voss (fill in?)

Thomas is the backup caller for QLD Cup - Voss is the primary caller.

Latest posts