What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commentators your best and worst

TruSaint

Referee
I like Vossy, Warren Smith and especially Ginane. Rabs was No.1 and will always be a favourite of mine. The rest are ok. They are no way near as biased as Fatty was that is for sure. Sick of him saying "Go Manly" most of the times. If I was a Rooster fan I would hate that as he played for them when Manly did not want him anymore and you would never of known with his commentary.

As for commentators bagging Saints, the last few years can you blame them? They have been terrible to watch under Mary. This year they are getting some occasional good stuff spoken about them but the bad has been deserved most times because they have done some pretty ordinary stuff. The Anzac game capitulation was terrible, losing to the Tigers and Warriors undid all the good work of the 4 good wins. The bad decision that went against us they mostly agreed and were confused as everyone else at the terrible call.

I don't mind Vos, but Smith is crap.

Just watch the 2010 GF on 9 v Fox. His call was pathetic.

This was when we were going well, so the adage of " how can you blame them " is moot.

Dragsters

First Grade
As for callers:

Vossy best hands down.

Rabs was the best but is past it.

Peter Psaltis on 9 is ok, can't cop the other bloke.

Hadley worst with Smith a close second

Commentators, well they're all shite except Sterlo really...

Again tonight-the bias against the Dragons from Ch 9 is unbelieveable.Last week against Melbourne almost made me throw up.But this week with that pig Gallen making comments-at our home ground too-wow i hope to get to watch someone punch his lights out in the ring.
So sick of the media treating us so badly

Como Connection

First Grade
I like Thirsty Marrow, Stelo, Gus, Ennis and Blocker.
Warren Smith, Andrew Moore, Ray Warren and Alexander are my worst.
CC

Walpole

Juniors
Today, in a coup for Fox, they trotted out the worst commentator of all time on the Manly, Parra game. A man so bad, so f**king useless, so atrociously bad at putting two words together, a man destined forever to serve as a reminder that concussions have a lasting effect.

I give you one Mark "Spud" Carroll. If only they'd had the foresight to put an actual spud on the sideline and ask for its input the coverage would have been far superior. The first time in ages I've switched back to Nine. Well done Spud, you are the winner.

aussie7798

First Grade
Blocker is the worst followed closely by hadley, spud and anasta.

the rest of the fox crew are pretty shit

ABC is hands down the best

Today, in a coup for Fox, they trotted out the worst commentator of all time on the Manly, Parra game. A man so bad, so f**king useless, so atrociously bad at putting two words together, a man destined forever to serve as a reminder that concussions have a lasting effect.

I give you one Mark "Spud" Carroll. If only they'd had the foresight to put an actual spud on the sideline and ask for its input the coverage would have been far superior. The first time in ages I've switched back to Nine. Well done Spud, you are the winner.

Spuds relentless self gratification about how he is having a chat with all these players before games and shit is sickening

BBTB

Juniors
Again tonight-the bias against the Dragons from Ch 9 is unbelieveable.Last week against Melbourne almost made me throw up.But this week with that pig Gallen making comments-at our home ground too-wow i hope to get to watch someone punch his lights out in the ring.
So sick of the media treating us so badly
Yes the bias towards the Dragons is bad.
Guess they never got over 11 straight. 😂😂