What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comments on the NZ game

Eelementary

Post Whore
Bring back Luke Burt...For who, exactly?

Drop our try-scoring freak Hayne? Drop our NSW winger Grothe? Drop our solid, reliable centres in O'Dwyer and Smith who have played very well?

No thanks. Burt can stay in PL.

As for Grothe and Benny - they hardly got any ball last night! We persisted in heading down our right-hand side! No wonder they wanted to try and put something special on when they got the ball lol.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Eelementary said:
As for Grothe and Benny - they hardly got any ball last night! We persisted in heading down our right-hand side! No wonder they wanted to try and put something special on when they got the ball lol.

Heh, both teams seemed intent on attacking down only one side of the field.

i thought we went back to alot of one out running in the 2nd half, we didnt tend to throw it around too much, i realise we were protecting our lead but we should have attacked abit more ireckon..

Agent Mulder

Bench
I watched the game in the pub last night, And deadset those Kiwi Commentors on Fox are biased as hell towards the Warriors, They were pretty much cheering the Warriors on for the whole game, A deadset disgrace, All 3 should be banned.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
* Joke Fox Commentators - when Pig had the ball stolen and we got a penalty, the commentator said there was no ball security and should be no penalty. But 10 minutes later when a warrior dropped it cold the same joker said a penalty should be given for stripping. Bloody jokers!!

* Hayne and PJ (I think it was PJ) both nearly had their heads twisted off during tackles. Hope this gets looked at.

*Riddell's conversions were shockers. But in his defence he hasn't had much practice over the last two years.

* Ref kept calling surrender every time we got tackled. What an arsehole.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Maroubra Eel said:
* Joke Fox Commentators - when Pig had the ball stolen and we got a penalty, the commentator said there was no ball security and should be no penalty. But 10 minutes later when a warrior dropped it cold the same joker said a penalty should be given for stripping. Bloody jokers!!

* Hayne and PJ (I think it was PJ) both nearly had their heads twisted off during tackles. Hope this gets looked at.

*Riddell's conversions were shockers. But in his defence he hasn't had much practice over the last two years.

* Ref kept calling surrender every time we got tackled. What an arsehole.

Excately maate, these bastards co0ujldnt call a gamer if there life depended on it, Parra killed them all night, Go Parra woooo, sorry o,m pretty pissed ri8te now, go parra woooooo!

Agent Mulder

Bench
Maroubra Eel said:
Hey Agent Mulder I wouldn't have guessed you are pissed mate.

Your typing is spot on.

oh cmon mate. give me a go, i love parra with all my heart band i like iom a bnaker and stuff im alloewecfd to get pissed, i love parra abnd my booze, Goi parra you deadset champions wooo, how good is that hayne, who needs f**kibng jamoe lyonb, f**king traitor, we will smash you you merkin

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Agent Mulder said:
oh cmon mate. give me a go, i love parra with all my heart band i like iom a bnaker and stuff im alloewecfd to get pissed, i love parra abnd my booze, Goi parra you deadset champions wooo, how good is that hayne, who needs f**kibng jamoe lyonb, f**king traitor, we will smash you you merkin
:lol:

eloquentEEL

First Grade
eela, next time you open up barvation, can i please have some of what Mulder's having? ;-) :crazy: :lol:

James_Hardie

Juniors
On the commentators, the main caller (who's name escapes me at the moment), is an Aussie, and lives in Australia. Sky Sports NZ fly him over every weekend for their games.

On the team.
Whenever Gorthe gets the ball, the rest of the team should run away, so that he can't even contemplate offloading or passing.
Defence was good, we did give up some metres in the second half, but i think that came about from tideness from doing so much defence.

Riddell had a good game i thought (if you took his goal kicking out) and everytime he plays, i get more and more disapointed we are losing O'Dwyer.

And finally on the refereeing. Hampstead allows defenders to lay on the tackled player longer than any other ref. Even when we says "movement", they can still ly there a bit longer. Thats why i always bet on "total match points" being "unders", when he ref's. I think i have won the last 5 weeks!

James_Hardie said:
On the commentators, the main caller (who's name escapes me at the moment), is an Aussie, and lives in Australia. Sky Sports NZ fly him over every weekend for their games.

On the team.
Whenever Gorthe gets the ball, the rest of the team should run away, so that he can't even contemplate offloading or passing.
Defence was good, we did give up some metres in the second half, but i think that came about from tideness from doing so much defence.

Riddell had a good game i thought (if you took his goal kicking out) and everytime he plays, i get more and more disapointed we are losing O'Dwyer.

And finally on the refereeing. Hampstead allows defenders to lay on the tackled player longer than any other ref. Even when we says "movement", they can still ly there a bit longer. Thats why i always bet on "total match points" being "unders", when he ref's. I think i have won the last 5 weeks!
it bugs me listening to him all game screaming MOVEMENT NOW at tacklers you've got the whistle if they won't move PENALISE THEM!

Bigfella

Coach
O'Dwyer was brilliant in defense. A far better player than Delaney at this stage.

We struggled where we have struggled all year: front row and halves.

Their props are Wiki and Price. Only Moi Moi matched their toughness and yardage, and even then he couldn't match their endurance. While Cayless has improved he is so far behind this level of prop it isn;t funny. And he is our second best prop at this stage. When you consider the Bulldogs had Mason Asotasi and O'Meey on Friday we are a long way off the pace in this area.

And Jeremy Smith as he has in every game offers two to three plays per match and otherwise disappears. The closer the match the more he goes missing. May as well throw Green in I think. Especially as JS cost us a try in defence any way.

A great committed effort but when people in the media say we are playing a better brand of footy they are so wrong it isn't funny. Without Tim Smith we have about twenty points less in us. And let's fact the fact that of our four tries two were set up by intercepts and the other two by players who won't be here next year.

And when we could have clinched it the people making the big brain explosions were the senior players ... a huge dose of luck involved.

yy_cheng

Coach
- Piggy was good in the 1st 20 but crap afterwards. I prefer him to come on as a 2nd rower in his 2nd stint.

- I am convinced. I'd rather have a JAWS than have a SIMBA.

- Talk about avoiding our left side attack. It was like QLD kicking to King in SOO all over again. However, JAWS STOOD UP.

- I would've switched Benny over to cover their big centre. Gee it's good to see Benny in defence. He MONSTERS people.

- That Widders/O'Dwyer combo I was talking about a few weeks ago showed some glimpses of success. Widders has been missing a runner that runs straights and hard. I hope they keep that combo out there coz the longer they play together, they'll be dynamic.

JOB 3:14

Juniors
Everyone was great in defence. If we had that defence and staying power at the start of the season we would be up with the storm.
Better late than never....sloppy second half in attack, but hey we got the two points. That's what matters right?