What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commission to outlaw 'shoulder charge'

Should the Shoulder Charge be banned?

• Total voters
You asked a question, dude. I answered the question.

I'm on a tangent - get serious.:roll:

I asked a rhetorical question, one that didn't need answering.

You then answered it, while first completely misunderstanding the rhetorical question I posted.

Boxing and UFC are doing alright, legally.

The rhetorical had nothing to do with popularity! Please learn to read

magpie4ever

First Grade
I asked a rhetorical question, one that didn't need answering.

You then answered it, while first completely misunderstanding the rhetorical question I posted.

Boxing and UFC are doing alright, legally.

The rhetorical had nothing to do with popularity! Please learn to read

Sorry dude - intelligence doesn't shine through via this blog. I see you change your grammar and added an additional word to make it rhetorical, the second time around. Sad:crazy:

Springs

First Grade
I answered it - it is a contact sport, you can never eliminate injuries.

Anyway, stirred enough shite for today - I'm out of here.:D

It had nothing to do with f**king injuries you dumb shit. It was asking which tackles were penalties now and which aren't. You answered irrelevantly dumbass.

Fire

First Grade
Coming from a dropkick like you, I take that as a badge of honour.

You goose.:lol:

Ya mum's a drop kick.

Go put your bikini on, apply some lip balm, and twirl ribbons while doing cart wheels in a meadow, ya f**ken fairy :lol:

Sorry dude - intelligence doesn't shine through via this blog. I see you change your grammar and added an additional word to make it rhetorical, the second time around. Sad:crazy:

You're an idiot.

ME:

And it's such a nonsense that we had to do it because of the legal implications.

UFC and boxing are doing alright, aren't they?

YOU:

Boxing is on a steep slope to nowhere in this country, outside of the few world rated boxers.

UFC is just for the X-box brigade to see their games come to life (it is shit).

My post was in regards to legal implications, clearly. You responded by going off on a tangent and talking about the respective popularity and demographics of boxing and mma, as if it had anything whatsoever to do with my comment.

What is sad is that you can't read, can't accept mistake and keep making an arse of yourself.

haha

Juniors
I answered it - it is a contact sport, you can never eliminate injuries.

Anyway, stirred enough shite for today - I'm out of here.:D

Ok, I'm thinking you're part of the ARLC.
I'm going to ask you questions and we'll see if I can guess which commissioner you are.

Do you look like you've got AIDS?

We are all being trolled by the ARLC with the banning of the shoulder charge.

Frailty

First Grade
Ok, I'm thinking you're part of the ARLC.
I'm going to ask you questions and we'll see if I can guess which commissioner you are.

Do you look like you've got AIDS?

We are all being trolled by the ARLC with the banning of the shoulder charge.

Is he an ARLC commissioner... Or is he Rothfield?

If only that son of the most punchable person in Rugby League/kook eyed softcock was watching were he was going when he has approaching Inglis this never would've happened.

Does anyone think the Rugby doctors and Rugby media are going to force Rugby to ban the scrum? In the scrum, they don't have to theorise that serious injuries and deaths could happen, it's happened already more than enough times.

I wonder if we can expect Rugby to listen to the doctors and media and ban scrums? My money says no!

magpie4ever

First Grade
You're an idiot.

ME:

YOU:

My post was in regards to legal implications, clearly. You responded by going off on a tangent and talking about the respective popularity and demographics of boxing and mma, as if it had anything whatsoever to do with my comment.

What is sad is that you can't read, can't accept mistake and keep making an arse of yourself.

Good response - can't argue.:shock:

Springs

First Grade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF4a3Yy0swQ

Is this legal? Ball runners lead with the shoulder all the time. Are they not allowed to now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66wK9zAppHc&feature=related

How many of these are illegal?
For those like magpie4ever who was saying tackles are clear-cut arms around affairs, watch no.11. Barrett clearly tries to wrap his arms around but Grothe comes off the point of his shoulder. Penalty or no?
No. 13 Gidley clearly gets his arm around but the hit comes from the shoulder. If it's a tackle it still has the g force of a shoulder charge, the reason why they're illegal no?
No. 9 Villasanti has him arms out but Graham bounces off his shoulder.
No. 8 impact comes off Sandow's chest.
No. 6 comes off Laurie's arm.
No. 5, again, impact comes off the shoulder and the player bounces off as he is wrapping his arms around.
No. 2 is by the attacking player, it will have just as much g force but will players be not allowed to that if they see a defender coming at them from the side?
No. 1 is a great hit, proper shoulder charge, and oh look, he's completely fine.

How many of these will be penalties? I'd say the refs will react straight away and say all of them.

Any ban supporters want to have a go at this? Which ones are shoulder charges, which ones are dangerous, which ones have a big g force, which ones will be penalties?

The refs are gonna have a hard time next year.