What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complaint of racial abuse in Roosters v Broncos

Chimp

Bench
Think what you want about Mundine, his hammering of Trell is top drawer - he’s absolutely right in what he’s said about his form, and where Trell thinks he stands in the game from a legacy perspective.
He’s said the things about Trell that most people think, but would likely be accused of racism if they ever voiced them….
Trell is a merkin, what colour of a merkin is absolutely irrelevant.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Montoya received 4 weeks for a homophobic slur so if they give Spencer more than this, they are saying a homophobic slur is a lessor one.
I’m on the umm naaah side of this but @SLRBRONCOS can weigh in here and please do mock and learn my bald arse if I'm wrong.

Surely it’d be worse if Montoya had have used a homophobic slur (horrid and deserved his long ban) against an actual homosexual, more hate and malice behind it and would’ve been a longer sentence. Ain’t nobody giving a f**k if Leniu calls Cam Munster a monkey.

Fangs

Coach
Montoya received 4 weeks for a homophobic slur so if they give Spencer more than this, they are saying a homophobic slur is a lessor one.

Those suspensions are trending upwards. They'll give him 6 minimum and it will establish a new precedent.

Canard

Immortal
Think what you want about Mundine, his hammering of Trell is top drawer - he’s absolutely right in what he’s said about his form, and where Trell thinks he stands in the game from a legacy perspective.
He’s said the things about Trell that most people think, but would likely be accused of racism if they ever voiced them….
Trell is a merkin, what colour of a merkin is absolutely irrelevant.
Mundine is a grifter who knows dumbarses will pay him money to say dumb shit.

Mundine can't talk about achievements in RL, he achieved 2/3rds of f**k all compared to Latrell.

Hopefully they don't come down too hard on Spencer. I think it will be hard for him to receive a fair sentence. With the Broncos saying Ezra was bawling his eyes out in the rooms and all of the media jumping all over it. You have Vossy and Latrell saying he should get 10 or 12 weeks. If they only give him 1 or 2 games everyone will jump up and down again.

Vlad59

Bench
Hobart Mercury is reporting that AFL legends including Kevin Sherry have had serious racism allegations levelled at them.

Footy greats have been accused of vile racism against North Melbourne’s Krakouer brothers in an explosive class action levelled against the AFL.
Essendon greats Kevin Sheedy, Terry Daniher, Roger Merrett and Bill Duckworth, as well as Carlton’s four-time premiership hero Wayne Johnston, are named in a bombshell Supreme Court statement of claim that was lodged against the league last Tuesday.

The document alleges the Krakouer brothers were called “petrol sniffers”, “a--s” and “n-----s” in the 1980s’

Last edited:

Chimp

Bench
Yep but that doesn’t mean he’s wrong when calling out Trell’s form.
Exactamundo - Mundine is Mundine, he was a terrific athlete, but I’ve not come across many people who don’t think he’s also a monumental bell end, at least from his public persona (I’m led to believe away from the public eye, he’s actually a good fella who gives plenty back to society). He loves the limelight, and does anything to keep himself in it, but on this occasion, he’s bang on the money!

All of the Islander boys no that it's not racism. Could open up a whole can of worms if Spencer gets a hefty sentence. Should be just a fine, but with all the do gooders jumping up and down making it something it isn't he'll probably get 6 weeks.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I support the action against racism and think there should be a reasonable suspension, 4 weeks at least.
But while I don't expect Mam to be over the moon, it shows an immense lack of integrity and honour on his behalf to refuse to listen to an apology. I am not saying he should forget about it but reconciliation goes a long way to getting things rights.

The selective hearing of the Broncos players is an interesting phenomena isn't it.

Bazal

Post Whore
I support the action against racism and think there should be a reasonable suspension, 4 weeks at least.
But while I don't expect Mam to be over the moon, it shows an immense lack of integrity and honour on his behalf to refuse to listen to an apology. I am not saying he should forget about it but reconciliation goes a long way to getting things rights.

The selective hearing of the Broncos players is an interesting phenomena isn't it.

Why should he accept the apology? Is he obliged to just because it was made?

Spencer racially abused him, carried on like Mam was in the wrong for not leaving it in the field in an interview, carried in even more at the hotel later in the night and only showed any signs of apology after the Roosters got hold of him back home.

Pretty clear how hollow it is

Iamback

Coach
Why should he accept the apology? Is he obliged to just because it was made?

Spencer racially abused him, carried on like Mam was in the wrong for not leaving it in the field in an interview, carried in even more at the hotel later in the night and only showed any signs of apology after the Roosters got hold of him back home.

Pretty clear how hollow it is

According to Buzz words were said to Spencer before. If true it is banter gone wrong, In which case we likely see more of these type of cases.

That would explain the delay in entering a plea

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Garbage take. Mam gave him every opportunity to apologise after the game, or at the hotel, or before he let the media zoo play out and definitive evidence was presented.

Spencer is fake as hell and I wouldn't bother listening to a contrived apology either. The chat GPT apology only came because the footage was so easy to lipread, otherwise, I'm sure he would claim no guilt.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I’m on the umm naaah side of this but @SLRBRONCOS can weigh in here and please do mock and learn my bald arse if I'm wrong.

Surely it’d be worse if Montoya had have used a homophobic slur (horrid and deserved his long ban) against an actual homosexual, more hate and malice behind it and would’ve been a longer sentence. Ain’t nobody giving a f**k if Leniu calls Cam Munster a monkey.

Yeah calling a straight dude a f*****t is no comparison, if he said it to an openly gay player he'd get 10-12 weeks probably.

Spencer knew what he was doing. Scum.

Vlad59

Bench
Yeah calling a straight dude a f*****t is no comparison, if he said it to an openly gay player he'd get 10-12 weeks probably.

Spencer knew what he was doing. Scum.
A reasonable question to ask is, once you’ve admitted you call an indigenous player a monkey, how can you argue it wasn’t a racist taunt? What else is it?

Latest posts