What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complaint of racial abuse in Roosters v Broncos

Wizardman

First Grade
This whole week with the Leniu /Sam Kerr stories has been very interesting in terms of the general public view towards it. It has reminded me that while our country has certainly taken steps forwards in terms of our leaders trying to do better when it comes to discrimination issues...there are still a hell of a lot of people out there that just don't really get it when it comes to issues of the damage of racism in our society. There is definitely still a long way to go with educating people out there.

Wizardman

First Grade
A reasonable question to ask is, once you’ve admitted you call an indigenous player a monkey, how can you argue it wasn’t a racist taunt? What else is it?
I argued that point with a total idiot about this in a footy internet chat yesterday. His "defence" of Leniu was that it was due to his "hair".....lol. As I've said in an earlier post, Australia still has a long way to go.

Garbage take. Mam gave him every opportunity to apologise after the game, or at the hotel, or before he let the media zoo play out and definitive evidence was presented.

Spencer is fake as hell and I wouldn't bother listening to a contrived apology either. The chat GPT apology only came because the footage was so easy to lipread, otherwise, I'm sure he would claim no guilt.
Wether a slur is racial or homophobic, I do believe accepting an apology is a powerful statement and a victory over hate. I won’t begrudge the victim for not accepting an apology either and nor should the judiciary take an apology acceptance into account when administering the punishment, otherwise we go back to ‘leaving it in the field‘ days of old

Wizardman

First Grade
Wether a slur is racial or homophobic, I do believe accepting an apology is a powerful statement and a victory over hate. I won’t begrudge the victim for not accepting an apology either and nor should the judiciary take an apology acceptance into account when administering the punishment.
I think with time, that will most likely eventually happen. In saying that, I don't blame Ezra one bit for not accepting it now while the process for dealing with the matter is well and truly in full swing.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Wether a slur is racial or homophobic, I do believe accepting an apology is a powerful statement and a victory over hate. I won’t begrudge the victim for not accepting an apology either and nor should the judiciary take an apology acceptance into account when administering the punishment.
I agree with you here. I don't think Spencer deserved acceptance of his apology given his behaviour post the slur, though. The Broncos summed it up perfectly, IMO, with their "acknowledgement of apology".

One day Ezra and Spencer will probably talk about it.

I agree with you here. I don't think Spencer deserved acceptance of his apology given his behaviour post the slur, though. The Broncos summed it up perfectly, IMO, with their "acknowledgement of apology".

One day Ezra and Spencer will probably talk about it.
In the usual footy way, 3am in a cubicle?

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Why should he accept the apology? Is he obliged to just because it was made?

Spencer racially abused him, carried on like Mam was in the wrong for not leaving it in the field in an interview, carried in even more at the hotel later in the night and only showed any signs of apology after the Roosters got hold of him back home.

Pretty clear how hollow it is
Because a man would meet up and look him in the eye. Doesn't have to accept the apology but a man hears it

Canard

Immortal
Because a man would meet up and look him in the eye. Doesn't have to accept the apology but a man hears it
Tough GIF

Latest posts