What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbow

Juniors
In this mornings paper it said that Luke Williamson has re signed with Manly. I don't know if this was already posted.

Spike

First Grade
VictorTheViking said:
Source? I hope it aint true, he was one I was looking forward to seeing progress through

LAST year it was Smith Samau and Ben McFadgean who provided the spark at the back for the Ipswich Jets. But in season 2008, Canberra Raiders signing Troy O’Sullivan looms as the Jets’ strike weapon from the key fullback position.

O’Sullivan, who played Premier League for the Raiders last season, is one of the main contenders for the No. 1 jersey.

Major Ipswich Jets signings: Paoa Faamita (Wynnum Manly).
Luke Gray West (Balconnen Warriors).
Scott Ireland (West Balconnen Warriors).
Noa Feao (Goodna Eagles).
Troy O’Sullivan (Canberra Raiders).

Losses: Mat Cameron (likely to play in the Ipswich Rugby League)
Josh Costello (Titans 20s)
Tyson Lofipo (Titans 20s)
Joel Riethmuller (Northern Pride)

November 5, 2007

QLDRL

Pedro Collins said:
Williamson stays with Sea Eagles

November 06, 2007 MANLY Sea Eagles forward Luke Williamson has re-signed with the club for a further two years.

The deal will take the 29 year-old's stay at the club to eight years. He played his 200th first grade game in the Grand Final loss to Melbourne and has played 114 for the Sea Eagles in total.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22711309-23214,00.html

Just when you thought Manly couldn't possibly sign anyone else!

I read in the SMH this morning that they said they would also be interested in talking to Willie Mason! FFS...

When everyone else has a salary cap, Manly have a salary ten gallon hat!

Dogaholic

First Grade
The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs have signed 18-year-old Liam Roach, the son of former Australian prop Steve “Blocker” Roach.

Liam played in the front row for the Balmain Tigers’ 2007 SG Ball team (U/18).

Bulldogs recruitment manager Keith Onslow said, “Liam has loads of potential and I believe he will grow under the Bulldogs training regime.”

Source: Bulldogs.com.au

TITAN1

Juniors
Different kind of Rabbit said:
Just when you thought Manly couldn't possibly sign anyone else!

I read in the SMH this morning that they said they would also be interested in talking to Willie Mason! FFS...

When everyone else has a salary cap, Manly have a salary ten gallon hat!
Bit rich,coming from the new moneybags of the NRL..Pots and kettles?

Rainbow

Juniors
TITAN1 said:
Bit rich,coming from the new moneybags of the NRL..Pots and kettles?

Thats a bit over the top. Souths have signed one NRL standard player for next year and that is Craig Wing.

Broncos have signed Marsh, Clinton, Wallace and Sims. Most other clubs have signed more 1st graders than Souths.

Hardly the moneybags of the NRL.

whatwhat

Juniors
The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs have granted Brent Sherwin a release from the final year of his contract to allow him to take up a lucrative multiyear deal with English club Castleford.

Bulldogs CEO Malcolm Noad commented, “Brent has given the Bulldogs great service over many years and earned the right to request a release from the Club to help secure his long-term playing future.

“His leaving begins a new chapter for the Bulldogs as we establish a new half-back and a new chapter for Brent as heads to Castleford to help them after their promotion into the English Super League.”

Brent Sherwin said, “This was a big decision for me to make as the Bulldogs have been my life. But I have to look to the future and the offer from Castleford allows me to continue playing football for three more years.

“I appreciate the understanding that the Club and Steve Folkes have shown in allowing me to go to Castleford for 2008.”

Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes commented, “Shifty came to us last week with details of the overture from Castleford. Although it’s not standard practice for us to release players early from their contracts, this opportunity was in his best interests and we would not want to stand in his way.

“He goes to the UK with the Club’s best wishes and with great thanks for his contribution to the Bulldogs for over a decade.”

Brent Sherwin is a product of the Bulldogs junior system having played in the local area at the St Christopher’s club. He was graded by the Bulldogs in 1997 and two years later became the 632nd player to represent the Club at first grade level.

In 260 games with the Bulldogs, 191 in first grade, Brent has won a Premier League Premiership (1998) and an NRL Premiership (2004).

Brent was a City Origin representative in 2002, 2003 and 2005.

Noad added, “I would like to add that this announcement comes at a time where there is great speculation about player movements surrounding various clubs. One of the rumours doing the rounds is that Brett Kimmorley will be coming to the Bulldogs. I can say, categorically, that despite Brett’s experience he is not being courted by the Bulldogs.”

Source: NRL.com

Gus22

Juniors
Corey Payne (St. Illawarra) to Wests Tigers

Source: Wests Tigers official web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts