What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

julian87

Juniors
No they're not Qlders. I think Buttriss is from the Raiders junior area, though don't quote me on that. Cross is from Dubbo and Raston is a Kiwi, John Lomax's nephew in fact.

The ones offloaded to Souths Logan will be playing Qld Cup all season and train with that squad from what I've heard. But others that don't make first grade each week will travel up and play as well.

parra pete

Referee
julian87 said:
No they're not Qlders. I think Buttriss is from the Raiders junior area, though don't quote me on that. Cross is from Dubbo and Raston is a Kiwi, John Lomax's nephew in fact.

The ones offloaded to Souths Logan will be playing Qld Cup all season and train with that squad from what I've heard. But others that don't make first grade each week will travel up and play as well.

Dobson and Mick Weyman are expected to start at Souths Logan also....

julian87

Juniors
parra pete said:
Dobson and Mick Weyman are expected to start at Souths Logan also....

I doubt they will be there the whole year like Cross, Buttriss and Raston though as they will feature in first grade.

whatwhat

Juniors
You would think a fit Weyman will always make our squad, he needs a full off season and healthy run this year to make any impact.

girvie

Staff member
Godz Illa said:
I agree. What are your thoughts on Falemaka and Bobongie, girvie?

Joe Falemaka is a very solidly built prop. I though Joe was Norths' best player in the PL grand final. I think he has potential to provide similar impact for the Dragons that Moimoi does for the Eels. He provides great go forward and crunching defence.
http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/Photos/Premier%20League/20070623plr15vcronulla/20070623PL15CRO3291-570.jpg

Jardine Bobongie is a workhorse in defence, a great support player and has a good offload. He runs good lines in attack. Scored 9 tries this year. Can play 80mins if required. He won the Bears Player of the year and also our Supporters' player of the year.
http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/Photos/Premier%20League/20070727plr20vwesternsuburbs/20070727PL20WES3933C-570.jpg

Both these guys will do a good job if given a chance in the NRL and i'm hopeful that they can cement a spot just like Ben Ellis did in 2007.

Pumba

First Grade
Web Source for Tongue

Canberra Raiders Captain and inspirational leader Alan Tongue has ushered in his 10th season with the club in style, by agreeing to a contract extension today that will see him in green until the end of 2010.

Tongue has been the backbone of the team for the past couple of seasons after playing the best football of his career, culminating in his appointment as club and team captain at the start of 2007.

After being approached by Raiders management during the 2007 season Tongue said he is happy to have his future finalised, and is now keen to continue doing what he does best, playing solid consistent football.

"It's been a little while coming and we talked about it through the season, and it was just a matter of time before we put it together and agreed to things," Tongue said. "Its great to get it out of the way, I wanted it to happen before the season came and I didn't want to have any distractions so its good to get it cleaned up."

Tongue said he hoped his commitment to the club would spark other players to remain loyal, and was excited about what the team could go in the next few seasons.

"I think the other guys will take this on board, we have a great group of fella's here at the moment and I think it's the attitude among the players that we would like to stick together and we're working hard," he said. "I think everybody realises and supporters as well, if we can keep this group together and get the best out them I think we can become a very successful footy side."

The prospect of playing out his career with his first club is another area that Tongue will focus on in his future, and said he was constantly refreshing his approach towards each season.

"It would be great (to play here my whole career). I would have thought that Toots (Jason) Croker and Simon Woolford would have been one club men but you just don't know what's around the corner, but at this stage I'm very happy with where I am," he said. "I have had three different coaches while I've been here and that's been great and that's been good for my footy. I've learnt a lot from all three and I'm refreshed, and with the new coaching staff and players we've got here there's no reason for me to move on."

Tongue said the Raiders captaincy is also something he would be looking forward to continuing in 2008, and the support he has had up to this point has been overwhelming.

"I really enjoyed it this year and it was a real learning curve for me, and it's a great job to have when you've got a great lot of people behind you," he said. "The support from the coaching staff and the player's was something I really appreciated, so if that opportunity keeps going I'd love to continue it."

Raiders Coach Neil Henry said the acquisition of Alan Tongue for the long term is nothing but a positive for the Raiders, and he was walking proof that Canberra is a great place to have a football career.

"It's tremendous for the club, Alan's going into his 10th year with the club after coming straight from high school and it's good to see that he's extended his contract for another couple of years," he said. "He's very settled in Canberra and has been for a while, and it's a good indication for the younger players that there's some stability here, and particularly for our younger players to see our Captain on board for a few more years.

"He's a tremendous role model for not just our young players but our senior players as well, and it adds some stability in some uncertain times for some of the players."

Henry said Tongue's appointment as Captain had already shown the great caliber of player he was, and he is certain he will improve as a leader in the seasons ahead.

"He fitted into that role really well last year, and he's learning as he's going along, but he's certainly got the respect of his peers," he said.

Source: Canberra Raiders

WIN News reported the Tongue re-signing in Canberra, aswell as mentioning Daley is going to coach our halves in the pre-season (with whispers it could be the entire season if his schedule permits)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts