What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godz Illa

Coach
Half/five-eighth. Came through the grades at Saints, spent all of last year in Premier League. Just was never quite good enough to step up to first grade, even with all our injury concerns in 07. With the Dragons cutting PL in 08 he was really never a chance of sticking around. I heard he trialled with the Waratahs but was bored to death by Union so went over to the Dogs. Deserves kudos for that at the very least.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Godz Illa said:
Half/five-eighth. Came through the grades at Saints, spent all of last year in Premier League. Just was never quite good enough to step up to first grade, even with all our injury concerns in 07. With the Dragons cutting PL in 08 he was really never a chance of sticking around. I heard he trialled with the Waratahs but was bored to death by Union so went over to the Dogs. Deserves kudos for that at the very least.

Bugger. Hope the change in scenery does wonders for him.

Cheers for the info

Spike

First Grade
Barton is a backrower who played in the lower grades with Canberra before moving to Wales and playing for the Celtic Crusaders.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Eels re-sign Ben Smith
February 17, 2008

PARRAMATTA have re-signed centre Ben Smith on a four-year deal that will keep him at the NRL club until the end of 2012.

The 23-year-old, whose contract was due to expire at the end of the season, joined the Eels aged 19 in 2004, since when he has scored 25 tries in 58 matches.

Smith said after agreeing the new deal that he hoped to be a one-club man.

"The future looks pretty exciting for the Eels and I'm very happy to know I'll be a part of it," Smith said.

"We've got a great squad and a top-quality coaching staff, and that's always a good mix to have.

"I think of myself as a one-club man and now the deal's done I can just focus on getting myself back to full fitness and playing some footy."

Smith is recovering from off-season shoulder and knee surgery but is due to return to action early in the coming season.

He is likely to undergo a positional switch this year, into the back row, as rising stars Krisnan Inu and Jarryd Hayne form a fresh centre pairing for the Eels.

Parramatta coach Michael Hagan was delighted to have secured another of the club's young stars.

"We made no secret of the fact keeping Ben was our next goal after securing Jarryd Hayne and Krisnan Inu," Hagan said.

"So it's a great outcome for the club to get the deal done because Ben adds plenty to the footy team both on and off the field."

Agence France-Presse

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23228335-23214,00.html

Status
Not open for further replies.