What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomo

Juniors
Confirmed on Rabbitohs website:

Luke Lewis to join Rabbitohs in '09
02 Apr 2008
Representative centre Luke Lewis today agreed to terms on a four year deal with the Rabbitohs starting in 2009. The NSW and Australia representative and 2003 premiership winner is an exciting addition to the Rabbitohs backline.

Currently in his eighth year of first grade at just 24, Lewis debuted in the NRL at just 17 in August 2001 and has played 128 NRL games. One of the game’s best centres, he can also play five-eighth and on the wing.

South Sydney Director of Football Operations Shane Richardson said Lewis was a welcome addition to the club.

“Luke has so much to he wants to achieve in the game, and at 24 years of age it is exciting that he sees South Sydney as a club where he can achieve those ambitions. He is a very fine player and he will add depth and versatility to our side,” Mr Richardson said.

“I am sure his best years are still ahead of him and we are delighted those years will be with the South Sydney Rabbitohs. It is a great sign that players of Luke’s quality want to play for the Rabbitohs and it shows how far we have come now that South Sydney is a club of choice for the game’s top players.”

Lewis said he was looking forward to furthering his career with the Rabbitohs next season.

“I’m very comfortable with the decision that I have made,” he said.

“I think the club is going to be a force to be reckoned with over the coming years and I very much wanted to be a part of that. Jason Taylor is a coach I’m sure I can learn a lot from and I’m really looking forward to joining South Sydney next year. I’ve had a great time with the Panthers and I want to thank the club for all it has done for me. And I’ll be giving them my heart and soul on the field again this year before joining the Rabbitohs for 2009.”

Luke Lewis biography

DOB: 11/8/1983

Place: Sydney

Junior club: Blacktown City

NRL games: 128

NRL points: 272 (68 tries)

Position: Five-eighth/centre/wing

Height: 187cm

Weight: 96kg

Rep honours: City Origin 2004-07, three matches for NSW in 2004, Kangaroo tour 2003

Clubs: Penrith 2001-2008

NGR

Juniors
parra pete said:
Souths love signing " over the hillers" ...Good replacement for Nigel Vagana..:lol:
hillers... bahahaha good england there buddy

he is 24.. over the hill.. please

imasharkie

Coach
parra pete said:
Souths love signing " over the hillers" ...Good replacement for Nigel Vagana..:lol:

Agreed.
Panthers have no need for him.
Lucky Souths.
Another player gone to the retirement home.

NthKnight

parra pete said:
Souths love signing " over the hillers" ...Good replacement for Nigel Vagana..

imasharkie said:
Agreed.
Panthers have no need for him.
Lucky Souths.
Another player gone to the retirement home.

WTF! He is 24 years old, how is that over the hill? He is younger than Kurt Gidley FFS.

Good signing by Souths. Hopefuly he can recapture some of his 03, 04 form with a half decent coach.

Patorick

Staff member
http://news.leaguehq.com.au/fai-signs-with-nz-warriors/20080406-2429.html

The New Zealand Warriors have re-signed promising backrower Sonny Fai until the end of the 2010 NRL season.

Fai was due to come off contract at the end of this season and had been attracting interest from several rival NRL clubs.

But the Warriors have kept a hold of the 20-year-old, who has played with the Junior Kiwis since 2004.

"It's a huge challenge retaining our best young players," Warriors chief executive Wayne Scurrah said.

"There's more interest in them than ever from other NRL clubs."

Gutted, but after 2 knee reconstructions on the same knee within an 8 month period, I doubt the club would have competed with what any other club could have offered. Id say ill be driving up too a few more tits games next season with him there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts