What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
David Fa'alogo has signed with the Newcastle Knights (Source: RLW on Facebook, Twitter).

Braith Anasta has announced he will retire effective immediately, rather than join the Tigers.

Jason Taylor is no longer rumoured to be signing on as an understudy to Wayne Bennett.

[youtube]xECUrlnXCqk[/youtube]

Gotta admit to being caught out on that. It wasn't until I remembered the Taylor thing that it realised.

Well played

LESStar58

Referee
Confirmed tonight at Storm presentation dinner; Brett Finch back to Melbourne in 2013. No idea where he'll fit in the line up buy FMD he'll be handy come Origin time!

little_aza

Juniors
Confirmed tonight at Storm presentation dinner; Brett Finch back to Melbourne in 2013. No idea where he'll fit in the line up buy FMD he'll be handy come Origin time!

Here's hoping he signed for nothing...can't afford to have guys like Finchy taking up cap space. Surely he would've got a better go at a club actually looking for halves? Penrith?

Finchy will be crucial for a utility and will get a lot of games IMO...can play 6,7 and 9 and could play 13 if needed as well IMO.

Astute signing...gutsy and will be good for the young blokes.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Finchy will be crucial for a utility and will get a lot of games IMO...can play 6,7 and 9 and could play 13 if needed as well IMO.

Astute signing...gutsy and will be good for the young blokes.

I would presume hes being signed with joining the coaching staff a long term view. Certainly won't hurt come Origin.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Why suss?

Sure he was there in 09 but from this years squad we have lost Lowe, Lowrie, Manu, Quinn & Neilsen (off the top of my head)

We have signed Moors, Setu, Sau and now Finch.

I know which group of players would have cost more...

hook.jpg

Only took 4 letters.

Last edited:

nrlnrl

First Grade
Justin Poore to Wakefield

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e-club-wakefield/story-e6frexnr-1226499727003

AUSTRALIAN prop Justin Poore has completed a shock move from the Parramatta Eels to Super League club Wakefield.

Former New South Wales forward Poore agreed a two-year contract with Wakefield and will link up with his new team in time for the start of the 2013 season. The 27-year-old made 178 appearances in the NRL, initially with St George Illawarra, and appeared in all three games of the 2009 Origin series for the Blues.

"This is a major signing for us and shows our fans that we are in the market for some top-quality players," Wakefield chief executive James Elston said. "Justin is still only 27 and there was an NRL club after his services but he has chosen to come to Wakefield. We have made no secret that we have been after a big man to lead the pack and Justin certainly is that."

Poore, whose father was born in England, admitted he was keen to move to Super League for a fresh challenge after nearly a decade in Australian rugby league. "I've had almost 10 years in the NRL and I wanted a different challenge," said Poore. "I've always wanted to experience playing in England and Wakefield really appealed to me because it is a very family-orientated club. I probably didn't think I'd be coming over at this stage in my career, but when the opportunity came around I jumped at it because it's a short career and you never know when it might come around again."

Also on their website

http://wakefieldwildcats.co.uk/news/wildcats-secure-former-origin-prop-poore/2012/10/

Last edited:

webbland

Juniors
Justin Poore to Wakefield

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e-club-wakefield/story-e6frexnr-1226499727003

AUSTRALIAN prop Justin Poore has completed a shock move from the Parramatta Eels to Super League club Wakefield.

Former New South Wales forward Poore agreed a two-year contract with Wakefield and will link up with his new team in time for the start of the 2013 season. The 27-year-old made 178 appearances in the NRL, initially with St George Illawarra, and appeared in all three games of the 2009 Origin series for the Blues.

"This is a major signing for us and shows our fans that we are in the market for some top-quality players," Wakefield chief executive James Elston said. "Justin is still only 27 and there was an NRL club after his services but he has chosen to come to Wakefield. We have made no secret that we have been after a big man to lead the pack and Justin certainly is that."

Poore, whose father was born in England, admitted he was keen to move to Super League for a fresh challenge after nearly a decade in Australian rugby league. "I've had almost 10 years in the NRL and I wanted a different challenge," said Poore. "I've always wanted to experience playing in England and Wakefield really appealed to me because it is a very family-orientated club. I probably didn't think I'd be coming over at this stage in my career, but when the opportunity came around I jumped at it because it's a short career and you never know when it might come around again."

Also on their website

http://wakefieldwildcats.co.uk/news/wildcats-secure-former-origin-prop-poore/2012/10/
just not up to nrl standard imo

Met him once last year, or early this year. Wasn't a fan of his attitude. Basically started talking about how players aren't paid enough. I was somewhat shocked considering how much Parra were paying him to do not a lot. I felt like saying, mate, you need to earn your current pay packet before you complain about not getting more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts