What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

little_aza

Juniors
Will Chambers has signed a three year deal with the Melbourne Storm, joining the team on January 30.

Where there's a Will there's a way
19/01/2012 10:33:45 AM
Melbourne Storm has attracted another key former player back to Melbourne by announcing a new three year deal for former grand final winning centre Will Chambers.

Chambers, 23, has enjoyed two and a half years of significant success in rugby union, signing with the Queensland Reds Super 15 franchise after playing his last game for Melbourne Storm in the 2009 NRL Grand Final.

Chambers played in the Reds 2011 Super 15 winning team before joining European rugby powerhouse Munster on a short term deal during the World Cup. After an ultra impressive first month, he was offered a lucrative long term deal by the revered Irish rugby giants.

However a meeting with Melbourne Storm GM Football Operations, Frank Ponissi, in Limmerick, Ireland, in late November reignited a fire in the belly of the exciting three quarter and discussions commenced about a return to rugby league with Storm.

Melbourne Storm © Melbourne Storm
Will Chambers has signed with Melbourne Storm on a 3 year contract
Ponissi had been tracking the progress of the former Nhulunbui (Northern Territory) junior out of interest.

“I have been following Will’s progress over the past two years and when I caught up with him in Limmerick, it was clear he had a desire to come back to rugby league. To secure his services now is a real bonus.

“Pleasingly we were able to agree to terms over the past couple of days, completing our 2012 roster and adding quality depth to our centre position with Dane Nielsen, Maurice Blair and Justin O’Neill,” Ponissi said.

“This is great news for Melbourne Storm and it’s tremendous to get a player of Will’s calibre back playing rugby league,” he added.

Thursday 19 January 2012

Where there’s a Will there’s a way

Melbourne Storm has attracted another key former player back to Melbourne by announcing a new three year deal for former grand final winning centre Will Chambers.

Chambers, 23, has enjoyed two and a half years of significant success in rugby union, signing with the Queensland Reds Super 15 franchise after playing his last game for Melbourne Storm in the 2009 NRL Grand Final.

Chambers played in the Reds 2011 Super 15 winning team before joining European rugby powerhouse Munster on a short term deal during the World Cup. After an ultra impressive first month, he was offered a lucrative long term deal by the revered Irish rugby giants.

However a meeting with Melbourne Storm GM Football Operations, Frank Ponissi, in Limmerick, Ireland, in late November reignited a fire in the belly of the exciting three quarter and discussions commenced about a return to rugby league with Storm.

Ponissi had been tracking the progress of the former Nhulunbui (Northern Territory) junior out of interest.

“I have been following Will’s progress over the past two years and when I caught up with him in Limmerick, it was clear he had a desire to come back to rugby league. To secure his services now is a real bonus.

“Pleasingly we were able to agree to terms over the past couple of days, completing our 2012 roster and adding quality depth to our centre position with Dane Nielsen, Maurice Blair and Justin O’Neill,” Ponissi said.

“This is great news for Melbourne Storm and it’s tremendous to get a player of Will’s calibre back playing rugby league,” he added.

Chambers, first joined Melbourne Storm as a 17 year old schoolboy from Brisbane’s famous rugby union college, Nudgee in 2007, going on to make 42 NRL appearances between 2007 and 2009.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed the last couple of years, especially with Munster, who are a great club with awesome supporters,” said Chambers.

“This was a very difficult decision with several things to consider. The overriding factor was a return to Melbourne to be coached by Craig and being part of the Melbourne Storm culture once again.”

Chambers will commence training on Monday 30 January 2012 and will be available for media on the same day.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/de...6354&title=where-there's-a-will-there's-a-way

Strange signing...we don't need him - I rate Maurice Blair, Matt Duffie and Justin O'Neill above Chambers.

Vic Mackey

Referee
chambers is a bit random for the storm considering how good maurice blair was for them last year. i really rate that justin oneil aswell.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Bag Doggiesbro all you want for his other deadshit posts but he is dead right about McCullough. $300K is massive overs for a player who is nowhere near a rep jersey and would be close to the bottom 3 hookers in the comp

Noa

First Grade
Wills a good signing. Im on the other side to Little Aza, he has more ability then Blair and Duffie, and while I rate O'neill very highly, Craig must just see him as a winger for the timebeing. Off course Im baseing this on what he did in 09.

joshie

Live Update Team
Where there's a Will there's a way
19/01/2012 10:33:45 AM

Ponissi had been tracking the progress of the former Nhulunbuy (Northern Territory) junior out of interest.

Chambers, first joined Melbourne Storm as a 17 year old schoolboy from Brisbane’s famous rugby union college, Nudgee in 2007, going on to make 42 NRL appearances between 2007 and 2009.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed the last couple of years, especially with Munster, who are a great club with awesome supporters,” said Chambers.

“This was a very difficult decision with several things to consider. The overriding factor was a return to Melbourne to be coached by Craig and being part of the Melbourne Storm culture once again.”

Chambers will commence training on Monday 30 January 2012 and will be available for media on the same day.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/de...=46354&title=where-theres-a-will-theres-a-way

Perth Tiger

Bench
Bag Doggiesbro all you want for his other deadshit posts but he is dead right about McCullough. $300K is massive overs for a player who is nowhere near a rep jersey and would be close to the bottom 3 hookers in the comp

I think a lot of clubs are gambling on a big increase in the salary cap when the TV deal comes in.

300K might be a lot under the cap this year but if the cap goes close to doubling in size then they are a decent standard hooker for pretty cheap value for the next two.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
I think a lot of clubs are gambling on a big increase in the salary cap when the TV deal comes in.

300K might be a lot under the cap this year but if the cap goes close to doubling in size then they are a decent standard hooker for pretty cheap value for the next two.

The cap won't double, won't go anywhere near double.

300K for mccullough is a disgrace.

DoggiesBro

Juniors

LOL, the only geniuss that think its alright are the one who says i'll be back when des re-signs and rates the worst hooker of the game ahead of a nsw rep. lol he has no idea about football, showed by his des will never leave and i'll be back crap.:lol::lol::lol:

Fingerbang

Bench
LOL, the only geniuss that think its alright are the one who says i'll be back when des re-signs and rates the worst hooker of the game ahead of a nsw rep. lol he has no idea about football, showed by his des will never leave and i'll be back crap.:lol::lol::lol:
You know what I find funny? The fact you rate Ennis because he played SOO for the Blues, but don't do the same for Ben Creagh.....

Ennis is not worth what he is earning.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
You know what I find funny? The fact you rate Ennis because he played SOO for the Blues, but don't do the same for Ben Creagh.....

Ennis is not worth what he is earning.

What i find funny is a dragon fan trying to bag ennis for backpeddling yet he has shown far more balls then ben creagh ever has, not even talking about the fact as a forward who is a big boy he ran backwards in state of origin from a centre smaller.

tough gutsy bloke there.

whats even funnier though is another muppet trying to change this about rating a bloke on his ability, when it has nothing to do with it. creagh is a good hole running forward when the dragons were a good squad, though this has nothing to do with that. this is about him being an absolute pussy and in the most firey game of all. origin.

gronkathon

First Grade
Ennis got slapped around by Indigenous Oompa Loompa Chris Sandow and actually cowered behind his only player in SOO after sucker punching someone. Awfully tough

Fingerbang

Bench
What i find funny is a dragon fan trying to bag ennis for backpeddling yet he has shown far more balls then ben creagh ever has, not even talking about the fact as a forward who is a big boy he ran backwards in state of origin from a centre smaller.

tough gutsy bloke there.

whats even funnier though is another muppet trying to change this about rating a bloke on his ability, when it has nothing to do with it. creagh is a good hole running forward when the dragons were a good squad, though this has nothing to do with that. this is about him being an absolute pussy and in the most firey game of all. origin.
I am not the only one who does not rate Ennis....and to this day believe he should never been selected to play for NSW. Nothing to do with having no balls. Your anti Creagh posts have been full of crap about you not rating him, not just that you think he is a fairy.

I reckon he would be one of the first picked for the Bulldogs pack, if he signed with the Doggies.....regardless of you thinking he is a coward. And if he is, he is certainly less of a coward that Ennis.

Status
Not open for further replies.