What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Way to take it out of meaning.

Yow Yeh is a good finisher, fast as hell and looks the goods. However i wouldn't be throwing him a 3-4 year deal just yet. Unless it was fairly cheap and if you read what i said i think that will work out alright for them. Glenn is a top signing. Classy player.

Mccrap has shown bugger all except he is one of the worst hookers in the comp, stupid to sign him for this long. Hala showed promise for 5 minutes for what 4 games? Top idea.

I'd like blokes like that to be hungry and need to prove something. If the dogs went and signed Michael Lett or Goodwin or someone like this for 3-4 years id be furious. They need to earn it and be kept hungry.

Only hookers taking 3-4 year deals should be Smith, Farah, Friend, Ennis, Luke.

RWB

Bench
Wow that's about half the players they have coming off contract, pretty strong message sent out by the Broncos imo. Even with the loss of Lockyer it looks like they're going to stick with what has worked for them for many years, i.e developing their own. Would have been easy for them to justify letting a few of those players go who they've spent time developing to improve the squad with some big money signings.

Hard to be critical of a club who backs their own.

Lol I can't see a problem with any of the re-signings the Bronco's made out of that group - promoting within should be encouraged although 15 teams already do that. All of them are good players who have their best way ahead of them.

Young talent is something foreign to the Dogs though.

Didgi

Way to take it out of meaning.

Yow Yeh is a good finisher, fast as hell and looks the goods. However i wouldn't be throwing him a 3-4 year deal just yet. Unless it was fairly cheap and if you read what i said i think that will work out alright for them. Glenn is a top signing. Classy player.

Mccrap has shown bugger all except he is one of the worst hookers in the comp, stupid to sign him for this long. Hala showed promise for 5 minutes for what 4 games? Top idea.

I'd like blokes like that to be hungry and need to prove something. If the dogs went and signed Michael Lett or Goodwin or someone like this for 3-4 years id be furious. They need to earn it and be kept hungry.

Only hookers taking 3-4 year deals should be Smith, Farah, Friend, Ennis, Luke.

Did you just compare McCullough, Hala and particularly Yow Yeh to Goodwin and Lett? :lol:

matrightyeh

Juniors
great news
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

AuDragon

Juniors
Wrapped with the news!

Sticking with our own developped talent and giving them confidence. Yow Yeh and Glenn are guns, Macca will hopefully keep on the same track as at the end of last season and build on that, Hala is a monster who will hopefully learn heaps from Civo and build more stamina, and Hunt is a very handy player to have around if Norman earns jersey no. 6.

Loving the direction taken by Paul White's management.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Lol I can't see a problem with any of the re-signings the Bronco's made out of that group - promoting within should be encouraged although 15 teams already do that. All of them are good players who have their best way ahead of them.

Young talent is something foreign to the Dogs though.

:lol::lol::lol:

Roosters :lol::lol:

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Did you just compare McCullough, Hala and particularly Yow Yeh to Goodwin and Lett? :lol:

I sure did, McCullough is one of the worst hookers in the comp as is Goodwin one of the worst wingers in the comp.

Hala has shown 5 minutes of game time 4-5 times and has alot to prove. Might be the next Sione Kite. Big looked great, turns flop. Least we didn't wrap him up for 3 years to regret it when hes proved nothing.

I've already said Yow Yeh was a good signing and Glenn is a top signing.

typicalfan

Coach
I sure did, McCullough is one of the worst hookers in the comp as is Goodwin one of the worst wingers in the comp.

Hala has shown 5 minutes of game time 4-5 times and has alot to prove. Might be the next Sione Kite. Big looked great, turns flop. Least we didn't wrap him up for 3 years to regret it when hes proved nothing.

I've already said Yow Yeh was a good signing and Glenn is a top signing.
McCullough is worth about 20 Goodwins even if he was one of the worst in the comp. I would take the Broncos recruitment and opinions over yours.

Didn't the Bulldogs sign Hickey on a 200k deal a few seasons back. :lol:

DoggiesBro

Juniors
McCullough is worth about 20 Goodwins even if he was one of the worst in the comp. I would take the Broncos recruitment and opinions over yours.

Didn't the Bulldogs sign Hickey on a 200k deal a few seasons back. :lol:

My point exactly, why did they do that? He playe a few good games. Alot more minutes and alot better then say Hala.

no name

Referee
Don't worry Pete, the Bro knows a bad signing when he sees one. He doesn't worry about facts to back it up.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
How hard is it fo you fools to keep up?

Its not about money, it's about the fact that Hala can know sit back and relax knowing his job is secure, has he proven a single thing? He has played a few games for 5 minutes and now he has a deal for 3 years?

I would MUCH rather see a bloke like that play for another year or two and prove he is worth a long deal. What if he can't get past these 5 minute stints?

I'm yet to see a single game he provided anything but 5 minutes impact with a few other games staying on the field looking like he is about to pass out.

He may well turn out to be a great player, though a hungry Hala is much more dangerous then one knowing his secure.

Alex Glenn, has already proven over a couple of seasons now and even this season alone that he is able of playing quality minutes for ALONG part of the game. Great signing, Yow Yeh has errors and problems however has shown alot more promise then bad and looks a good player. Good signing.

McCullough and Hunt, neither have done anything bar a handful of good games between them. One of them is yet to prove he is even worthy of the #6 and hell the other barely has a hold of the #9 and has more woeful games then good. I think it's fair to say making these blokes feel secure is a stupid move and really should of been earnt.

Bloke i work with is furious about the Broncos extending Hunt and McCullough this long, said one is crap and the other may not even be in the top 17. I didn't know which one was which to be honest. Though he is stoked with the other 3, i said the same i have said here about Hala and he seems to believe he will cut size and work on his fitness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.