What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johns Magic

Referee
I don't know what Souths pack is like, but I wouldn't expect Luke to be more than an interchange prop at best. Then again, he might carve up. God knows we've seen enough NRL props come over and bomb in the UK, his style of play might suit the NRL more than it did over here.

So is Sam just far and away the best of the Burgess brothers?

Evil Homer

Staff member
So is Sam just far and away the best of the Burgess brothers?
Tom and George are both still teenagers, Tom has only just made his ESL debut in a poor side and AFAIK George hasn't made his first grade debut yet, so it's hard to say how good they will be at this stage. Both are absolutely massive for their age though, bigger than Sam already.

Sam is a lot better than Luke though. Luke is really just a grafter, he's been 5th choice prop for Leeds this year and I doubt he would have attracted any NRL interest if it wasn't for his name. Like I say though, considering some of the props who have come over here with big reps and not performed, he might go ok. He went a lot better than Ben Cross, who I believe was rated down there.

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
Hope the latest Burgess signing is better than the first. His mileage is abyssmal. Ellis and Widdop are the only value for money poms here.

Souths could become the dumping ground for pommie wannabe's

Status
Not open for further replies.