What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Broncos... Raped and pillaged the state for 20 years and is now having their farm diluted by other clubs getting qld jnrs into their system. They have no choice but to pull this dirty shit of swooping on any qld who shows slightest sign of missing home in sth east qld. Barba, Milford etc they all shunned cause they didn't identify their talent.

Funny part is, arguably their best and most consistent players over last two years in Hoffman and McCulogh are the ones being crapped on by all this suggested player movement. Personally I'd laugh to watch Brisbane throw cam smith some retirement money. Watch what he brings with no Cronk, slater around him. Also hook is nowhere near a Bellamy.

Just like the Roosters who've developed SBW, James Maloney, Michael Jennings and? Oh, wait...

It's a professional football league (well semi-professional given some of the f/wits in charge). Every club buys players.

The butthurt over us finally buying some is hilarious.

Son of Minto

Bench
Did he just say McCullough has been their best? Lol, more like Madgenius.

Roosters fans going off about other teams raiding talent. LOL. Madgenius indeed.

Madrooster

Juniors
Just like the Roosters who've developed SBW, James Maloney, Michael Jennings and? Oh, wait...

It's a professional football league (well semi-professional given some of the f/wits in charge). Every club buys players.

The butthurt over us finally buying some is hilarious.

Didn't realise I was talking roosters.. I was talking broncos. First time in there history they have to really go into player market and look how they go about it.

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Didn't realise I was talking roosters.. I was talking broncos. First time in there history they have to really go into player market and look how they go about it.

Yep.

Professionally negotiate with and pay compensation to another club ready to let their star go. Both clubs reach a mutual agreement and publicly thank each other for their understanding and professionalism. Both clubs make the best of a bad situation and hopefully steer a troubled young man back on the straight and narrow.

Sign an up and coming player for a season outside his currently contracted period ala EXACTLY as the Roosters did with Maloney. Broncos are happy, player is happy. Raiders aren't and have acted like an indignant child over the issue.

Everyone else we've signed was without a contract or released by their own club to market first. Other clubs are happy, Broncos and players are happy.

Oh yes. We are terrible and every other club deals in a much fairer manner than we have...

Franko

Juniors
http://www.dragons.com.au/news-display/88012

Dragons sign Michael Witt for 2014
Dragons Sign Witt

Friday 29 November 2013 12:30 PM

00107844-leadimage.jpg

The St George Illawarra Dragons have today confirmed that Michael Witt has agreed to a one-year contract that will see him join the Club until at least the end of the 2014 season.

Witt, 29, who can play as fullback as well as in the halves, debuted for the Parramatta Eels during the 2003 campaign and later played for both the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (2005-06) and New Zealand Warriors (2007-09). The Toowoomba-native has most recently been playing in the Super League with both the Crusaders (2010-11) and London Broncos (2012-13).

Witt will join the Dragons for pre-season training on Thursday, December 5.

Gee that's a bit of a left field signing.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Not really. The Dragons have lost some depth in the halves and are looking to up their stocks

Witt will play for the Cutters mostly unless injuries arise

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/25219325

Wakefield Trinity Wildcats have signed Parramatta Eels second row Matt Ryan on a two-year deal.

The 25-year-old is the second player to move to the Wildcats from the NRL in the last month after fellow Australian Scott Anderson joined from Brisbane.

"My manager called me and said Wakefield were interested and it sounded like a great opportunity," he told BBC Radio Leeds.

"This is something I've always wanted to do."

He added: "I've spoken to a couple of boys I know over here and I used to play with (Wildcats prop) Taulima Tautai. They all told me good things.

"I want to test myself in the league and I can't wait to get over there in early January."

Paullyboy

Coach
The NRL just won't be the same without Matt Ryan. That's the last straw, someone get me an AFL guernsey.

Packy

Bench
I like Matt Ryan.. I wouldn't really want him in my team but I do like him and wish him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts