What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Stuff In RL2

D

Deleted member 10972

Where the hell is Soliola? And Gordon? And Inglis? WTH

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
gonna be fun playing a world league with friends..

we did that with the first one..created our teams and fixed everything via MS Spreadsheet.

FinalSolution

Juniors
Weasels Ripped My Flesh said:
Here's a list of the stadiums, international teams and commentary surnames in Rugby League 2 as confimed by Mario on the offical site:

The list of stadia appearing in Rugby League 2 includes
  • QSAC Stadium (Where's this?)

I believe thats the old ANZ Stadium in Brisbane

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I find it strange that theyre putting a ground in the game that they no longer use in the NRL. When was the last match played at ANZ, 2002 or something. Maybe its Malta's home ground or something, who knows.

I would guess that thye porobably modeled the stadium for the last game anyway and seen as they have that stadium available....why not throw it in there.

Kid of like if say the Tigers stopped playing at Balmain.....they would still have the stadium representation ready to throw in the game....so why not.

bartman

Immortal
They have got every UK Superleague team's home ground, if you forgive the fact that London/Harlequins are moving in 2006 from Griffin Park to Twickenham Stoop. Wilderspool was also used in the first game despite Warrington's move to Halliwell Jones Stadium, which is now also included.

I think Post Office Road is the home ground of Featherstone Rovers, who play in NL1. So along with Leigh's The Coliseum and Widnes' Halton Stadium there's a few extra grounds floating around in the game, which can't be a bad thing. Especially if any of these teams manage promotion to ESL for the 2007 season.

Stade Aime Giral is in Perpignan, where London played a home game against Leeds this year. I'm not sure whether Les Catalans are planning to use it for their ESL home ground next year or not, but it would make sense and leave their usual (smaller) ground for the use of their regular UTC FFR team.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
That's 17 countries there, looks pretty impressive. A 16 team WC, I cant really see anyone missing from the last WC apart from Maori, and theyve included Malta and USA.

Mario

Juniors
B-dos said:
Whats the go with all those Surnames? I dont get it?

If you create a player with a surname in the list then that name will be used by the commentator.

People wanted to see the list so they could check whether their own surnames were on there for when they create themselves in the game.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I reckon it wouldve been hard to get stadiums like Millenium, Old Trafford, Elland Road which is why theyre not in the game, right?